Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Kennesaw
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Room was very spacious. Mattress, although a little hard look clean. Only down was not many channels and no ice machine. My smoking room(I don't smoke) didn't smell like a stale ashtray. Front desk, Crystal, was very personable.

• Stayed: March 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our staff, especially Crystal, during your visit. Still, I apologize that our TV channel selection did not meet your travel needs. We will use your comments as we continue to improve our guest experience. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We booked here for 17 NIGHTS after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. What is even worse, is that we paid in advance to get a lower rate. We are currently on our 3rd night. Yes, everyone is VERY friendly and I am sure this location is better than some of the others near by, BUT we are having several issues that are causing me to wish we could move. First, EVERY dish in the kitchen was dirty, and not just a little dirty, but sticky, nasty dirty. Second, we are in a non-smoking room (I am really allergic to smoke) the entire floor, and therefore our room, smells of smoke. I am MISERABLE! They advertise a full kitchen, but there is no oven, just a stove-top. This is hard to manage with 2 kids. Last, this room is small. We have stayed at other efficiencies with our kids and had room to move. This location is really just a normal sized hotel room with a refrigerator, 2 burner stove-top and a sink shoved in the corner. Overall, it is very average.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank racrgrl
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The staff were the most pleasant and accommodating that I have experienced. Lorna, Ashley, Crystal and Kim- just to name a few- thank you for your always smiling faces and caring attitudes. You have made the stay for myself, my husband, my daughter and my dog Calli just as nice as can be!!!

• Stayed: December 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had a such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I'm glad that the staff was so pleasant and accommodating, especially Lorna, Ashley, Crystal and Kim. I will be sure to share your kind words with each of them and the rest of our staff.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband recently started a new job in Atlanta and we had to move from Wilmington, NC. We decided to stay at this Extended Stay America in Kennesaw while we got familiar with the area and looked for our new home.

We have been here for a month and will be checking out later this week. I can honestly say I have been completely satisfied with our stay here. It truly felt like home away from home. The staff is incredible, the manager (Lorna) is wonderful, the rooms very comfortable, location is ideal, and property feels safe and secure. It was great to have the little kitchen so I could make most of our meals and not have to eat out constantly. Every question I had was quickly addressed by the staff, who always seemed more than happy to go out of their way for us. I was also impressed that we never heard the guests on either side of us. We could hear footsteps above, but I simply turned on the exhaust fan over the stove to create white noise at night.

This property is pet friendly, which was a must for a long term stay for us. Within a day, all of
the employees would greet my dog (Winston) by name whenever we passed them in the halls & lobby . I know he is going to miss all of the attention he gets on a daily basis.

If we ever need to stay somewhere in the area again, this hotel will be my first choice. In addition, we will have lots of friends & family visit now that we are moving here permanently and I will recommend the Extended Stay America, Kennesaw to each of them.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor to avoid hearing footsteps above you.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndeeDawn
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had such a great stay with us. Thank you for your comments. We are truly thankful that we were able to be here during your move to make that transition a little easier for you.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I have stayed at this ExtendedStay America for a couple of years now. The manager here, Lorna, leads a very great team and all the staff are quick to answer every request. The rooms are very clean and the facilities are stellar. Kim cleans the rooms and does an excellent job, making every effort to work around sometimes difficult schedule - also quick to be in and out but thorough!! David is perfection at answering any maintenance request and also very respectful of privacy. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are spacious and have everything you need to prepare light meals and coffee. I would never stay anywhere else except this wonderful hotel. This place is a home away from home and they are like family to me.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about the our team members. I am proud of our team for the excellent service they provide to our guest. It is great to hear what a wonderful job Kim and David did during your visit. Also, I am pleased to hear that you has an opportunity to enjoy our fully- equipped kitchen and that you found our guest room spacious.

Thank you again for sharing your comments about the beds and our spacious rooms. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Really enjoyed my single night stay here while passing through Atlanta. Location was convenient for the interstate, but there really was nothing around that was walking distance. Not even a gas station to buy some beer. Check in clerk was phenomenal - friendly, informative, and even offered me anything of my choosing from the "prize basket" which included shampoo and popcorn. Rooms were clean and average for the chain. One point docked because of the use of BRIGHT WHITE compact flourescent bulbs in the room. These bulbs emit a terrible color of light that makes everything uncomfortable, industrial, and hostile. Management, if you read this, PLEASE purchase the WARM WHITE flourescent bulbs. These are the same price and emit a much friendlier, more comfortable color - just like standard incancescent bulbs.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dirty_A_1123
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the staff treated you well. I also appreciate your comments concerning the lighting in our guest rooms. These will be shared with our Upper Management team.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Close to everything, right next door to KSU stadium. Clean, quiet and secure, not a bunch of characters hanging around like at so many other extended stay facilities. Nice, quick grab and go breakfast is nice. Quiet location, even during a big event at the stadium. Room was clean and well equipped with extra towels and pillows. Wish the TV had a better variety of channels, had every ESPN and News channel known to man, but no History, A&E, etc. Recommended over the other Extended Stay (previously Studio Plus) around the corner.

Room Tip: Rooms in the south wing will be quieter. Elevators are slow, so the closer to the stairs the better...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ray S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Ray - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that our location was comfortable and conveniently located for you. We are pleased to hear that you found our hotel and guest rooms to be clean and safe.