“top restaurant in the area”
Review of Auberge Saint Jean

Auberge Saint Jean
Price range: US$68 - US$119
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This place never lets us down. My husband is gluten intolerant and they always accommodate him.
The chef is extremely creative. His flavors are out of this world. If you are near by this place is a must but you do have to make a reservation as they book quickly.

There are newer reviews for Auberge Saint Jean

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I enjoyed a tremendous meal of foie gras, pigeon, and a sinfully rich chocolate dessert - all for excellent value. The presentation was appealing and showed careful attention to detail. The service was warm and attentive. And the view! The restaurant directly overlooks the Dordogne River which makes for an enchanting backdrop for a great meal over excellent local wine from Saint Emilion. Finally, I cannot thank the owners enough - chef Thomas and hostess Manuela - who came to my rescue three days after I dined at their restaurant. They were kind enough to allow me to use their computer and printer when I realized I had forgotten to print my train ticket back to Paris. Superb cuisine and personal service that goes beyond the call of duty.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Wow what a lunch. We arrived a velo in lycra and were received in an extremely friendly way just ahead of a storm.We chose the menu du jour for 18 euros which included a glass of wine , soup, plat de jour and coffee or tea. Everything about the restaurant was incredible. The position on the river was spectacular, rare to find in France,the table was beautifully laid, the food was truly memorable for its presentation and taste and the service exceptional.We will certainly return and recommend to friends and guests who come and stay at our house. What a find! Watch for the Michelin rating.......

Reviewed 3 October 2013

What a spectacular treat! Located in a charming sleepy village is this gem of a restaurant! Perfect service, delectable food, beautiful view and perfect experience! Words do not even do justice to the quality and artistry of the food. Fancy but not fussy, inventive but not unapproachable. Truly memorable!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Very popular restaurant in tiny village overlooking the Dordogne with excellent service,good food & wine from Entre-deux-mers of outstanding quality.A delight|