“Fantastic again & again”
Review of Auberge Saint Jean

Auberge Saint Jean
Price range: US$65 - US$113
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Our 4th visit in 11 months and we simply love this place. Definitely must book if looking for a table on a Saturday evening. Just everything about this restaurant is great, the staff, decor, view, quality of food and basically everything. You can tell we are fans and we will visit again when in the area.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We wanted to try a michelin star restaurant abroad, and this had good reviews and it's location seemed really nice. It turns out, this is a gem. The interiour is tastfull, and the verande had a stunning view of the river. The food was really good and the staff was really knowledgeable. The made excellent recommendations for some wines to accomodate the dishes, and their choises for the cheeses of the cheeses platter were trully outstanding. Also, the all spoke decent english which is a bonus when on vacanse!

Reviewed 25 May 2018

This place was lovely and the food was great! Staff was very friendly.. menus available in English, if needed.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Came here and was absolutely delighted!

The meal surpassed even La Source de Caudalie.

The view over the river is fab and location romantic if rustic, however the food is absolutely to die for - ravioli de langoustine and the tentacules of octopus were totally delicious; the pigeon, the foie gras, the lamb and the cod were all superb main courses. We drank a Mangot 2009 recommended by the sommelier which proved a wonderful choice, as well as some bubbles to start with - again recommended by the sommelier,

This is right up here with the tops - service was immaculate and prompt without being intrusive, the amuse bouche so delicious.

Oh yes - Chocajus for dessert is an emotional experience !!! All by itself :)

Thank you!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We had dinner at this restaurant last week, not knowing it was Michelin starred until half way through the evening, when I checked on-line: this should already give you an idea of the overall impression it made on us. We're used to starred restaurants, but this was the first french starred for us. The main room is nice, not so much the glass porch, which had a nice view but was poorly decorated, not the kind of standard we expect from this kind of restaurant (also the christmas tree in the hall had epilepsy inducing lights). No english menù for foreigners, but the hostess was kind enough to give a quick translation, not very in-dept I must say. About the dinner itself, I found a lack balance and sparkle in the dishes. About the amuse-bouches: the salted cream puffs were ok (not daring though), but the foie gras was served with a not so silky tompinambur cream which completely covered it's taste, also I found the citrus to be dry and bitter, it gave no freshness to the dish. I did not enjoy my langoustine raviolo, the pasta was perfectly made and very thin, as it should be, but I was not impressed with the overall flavour: the bisque was heavy and the langoustine was a bit overcooked. My boyfriend loved the foie gras entrés, also his duck was lovely cooked, but the other elements on the plate were a bit off (for example the pickeled and acid mushrooms on top of the potatoes). On the other hand my veal was overcooked and we did not like the hazelnut sauce, which was both overtoasted and sweet, this was definitly the worst course. The dessert was the best course, very elegant and tasting heavenly. The service was ok, but not overly welcoming. The prices are good for a michelin starred but too high compared with the quality of the dishes. Also, I did not like the fact that it is mandatory to order 1 entrèe, 1 main and 1 dessert: you cannot have 2 dishes (for example skipping the dessert) nor choose 3 dishes among the salty ones. I found annoying that we had to choose the dessert before starting to eat. I probably would not dine at this restaurant again, it's a nice restaurant but not up to Michelin standards.