“Very good hotel in great location”
Review of Hotel du Port

Hotel du Port
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Morlaix
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and were located on the third floor, although the room was basic it was very clean and the bathroom though quite small had a great shower, a hair dryer and plenty of clean towels. The view over the port was fantastic, and the staff were very friendly and helpful, plus spoke very good English.

It is only a couple of minutes from the centre and proved to be a great base for exploring Morlaix . We would stay there again. In response to another review regarding the lack of a lift, the staircase is more than adequate, and in keeping with the age of the hotel. The walk up and down the stairs was a great exercise after enjoying lots of very nice cakes and baquettes at the near by cafe's.

We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
hotelport, Gérant at Hotel du Port, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Good evening Jim

Many thanks for your advice . We shall be very pleased to see you again soon ! If you ever prefere to stay in a room on the first or second floor, just ask for it .

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I stayed here on business 7-10th July
Hotel is located on Quay front overlooking the water
I received an email to advise reception manning times -and a code if I arrived outside these times -very thoughtful
Everyone is very friendly -and I was encouraged to speak French -by the owner -who helped me with my attempts -very patient and much appreciated
My colleague had to go out on business very early -which meant wed miss Breakfast -we advised the receptionist -she kindly offered to make a breakfast tray for each of us -nice thought
Breakfasts are typical continental -Coffee is good as is the Cold meats/Fruit and Cereal -Breakfast room is very pleasant -overlooks the waterway
Summary -nice ,friendly comfortable Hotel

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SKYLOW
hotelport, Gérant at Hotel du Port, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Many thanks for you advice, we are looking forward to seeing you again !!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

a tipique france hotel,an old building,without ascensor,the hotel is renovated,theoom we had was not to large but ok,the room was vey clean,the owners were very frendly gave us a map of the city and were nice

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
hotelport, Gérant at Hotel du Port, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Good afternoon,

Many thanks for your advice ,we have been very glad to spend some time with you !

Kind regards, Jean-Christophe

Reviewed 21 May 2013

The last reviewer sums it up perfectly. Just about to post back the knife they leant us for an inpromptu picnic after the Saturday market purchases that just had to be eaten. Front rooms did suffer from road noise at night with windows open but to be expected.
Also, if coming from Roscoff, look out for the roundabout where you can go straight to Morlaix or via the Corniche -stunningly beautiful drive along the river that takes you straight to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
hotelport, Propriétaire at Hotel du Port, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Good Morning

We have been very please to welcome you , many thanks for your advice !!!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

We were made very welcome including giving us a larger and more suitable room at no extra cost as we had a 9 month baby. I speak French but the owner speaks very good English and is very friendly and accommodating. We spoke to other guests who had staid at other places in Morlaix and around and thought the Hotel du Port was the best. I've traveled all round the world and the Hotel du Port ticks more than enough boxes. Good people providing a good standard. Classic old character building upgraded to provide all that most would need. Clean, well decorated, warm, comfy bed & pillows, good bathroom, quite, good continental breakfast and great town location, on the river with a pleasant walk to the wonderful town center. Morlaix is a super town with a traditional ambiance that is sadly & tragically disappearing in England. Morlaix and the Hotel du Port are a worthy combination and if you're traveling by car fill up with fuel and quality wine and food and save yourself a load of cash compared to the UK's over taxed inferior products. We were with friends, we all thought the same and enjoyed our short stay. Enjoy while you can...

Room Tip: Front have a good view of the River and classic town houses Rear have a ok veiw into an old clssic...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
hotelport, Propriétaire at Hotel du Port, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Hello !

Many thanks for your advice . We have been very pleased to welcome you at the hôtel du Port .
Kind regards

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I stayed at Hotel du Port for 2 nights while visiting Morlaix. The hotel is basic but serves as a good base, although it's a little way outside of the town centre it makes for a nice walk when you venture down there. Shower, tv etc all included within the room and the bed was very comfortable. There was a bakery, pizzeria, cafe and an ATM (directly across the marina) within sight of the hotel which were all useful. My room had a large window that had double panes and kept out the street noise (and the very loud geese!) but they did make you feel rather claustrophobic and a little stuffy. The staff were friendly throughout my stay and offered a warm welcome.

I think it might of been better had their been tea/coffee facilities in the room but this is just personal preference. My only real gripe was that there was an odor coming from the bathroom which was very noticeable as soon as I opened the door into the room, it seemed to be ok so long as the bathroom door remained shut and didn't bother me too much since I didn't spend a lot of time in there!

As with all my reviews I base my score on what I expected and what I needed versus the quality and service provided. With that in mind, I required a base for a couple of nights while I explored Morlaix and Hotel du Port provided it, however I would probably say the score is closer too 3.5 than 4 stars.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
hotelport, Propriétaire at Hotel du Port, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Dear Micheal

Many thanks for your advice . I am aware It Is not the best way to manage It but we have got some kettles and tea pots available at the lobby. Next time do not be afraid to ask for it , we will lend it with pleasure including tea bags, milk and sugar !!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We don't stay in a lot of two-star French hotels and the Hotel du Port is a good example why. It offers little comfort beyond the basics.

The charm in our Standard Plus room was limited to a view of the river through one window, whose two double panes kept out all the street noise. The room seemed clean, although I sneezed a lot in it. Dorm room furniture offered modest storage space. There was no coffee or tea maker, no hand lotion, and only one electrical outlet. The free wi-fi signal worked well, although slowly, on my laptop but was too weak in the room for our smartphones.

The 8.5 euro cold breakfast was just adequate, without even a toaster for the bread. We saw no breakfast alternatives nearby. English speakers will be able to converse with just one of the friendly staff, and enjoy one TV channel, the BBC. We were denied one hour of late checkout.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
hotelport, Propriétaire at Hotel du Port, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear Toolworker

Many thanks for your advice even if you wrote it nearly one year after being with us . Within one year you would have been amazed about lots of services which has been upgraded .
- Breakfast has been completely renewed with local products (jam, yogurts, bread...)
- We have got a large toaster
- We have been provinding free wifi since 8 years now . The system has been completely renewed in last december and the signal is far much stronger.with 4 antenas.

I think that the other services you are talking about are more those from a 3 or 4 stars in our country .So that I would advice you not to choose a two stars one if you ever want to come back in France again !

Best regards, Jean-Christophe

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morlaix
Hotel de L'Europe
Hotel L'Albatros
#1 of 5 in Morlaix
1 mi away
Inter Hotel Morlaix ouest Saint Martin des Champs
Inter Hotel Morlaix ouest Saint ...
#1 of 3 in St-Martin-des-Champs
1 mi away
B&B Hotel Morlaix
B&B Hotel Morlaix
#3 of 3 in St-Martin-des-Champs
Hotel Fontaine
Hotel Fontaine
#5 of 5 in Morlaix

Been to Hotel du Port? Share your experiences!