“Great location with great deal”

Appart'City Paris Clichy Mairie
Paramus, New Jersey
“Great location with great deal”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The apartment was big enough for the four of us. My children slept in the living room with the pull out couch. The toilet and the shower are in two separate room, so we can share the bathroom without fighting. But, during the week we were there, the Wifi was broken down, so we had no internet access in the hotel. Since in Paris, many places only offer their Wifi to their own customers, so we could hardly check our emails during the week. The hotel also had no hot water after 8 pm! But, the hotel location is just outside of Paris and there are a Metro station downstairs, so it makes it super easy to go into Paris with the Metro.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Runaway_Ma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 April 2014

No WIFI upon asking staffs they say tomorrow however till my last day there were no WIFI. Water heater unavailable after 5pm till next morning. There was no house keeping unless you stayed for 7 nights. I stayed for 5 days and was asked to pay to have a change of bath towel. Staff keeps arguing to tidy my room as it's my last day of staying and my checking out time is at 11am (staff wanted to clean my room for the next guest at 9am). It was a bad experience staying in this hotel due to lack of service, staff was not flexible in the hospitality of the tourist and was rude.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank manisah05

Travellers are raving about these Clichy hotels

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We booked knowing full well this was a budget option so while some other reviews are scathing in some areas their expectations may have been unreasonable.
The rooms are average size but have everything you could need for a tourist out and about in the city.
The sofa beds were surprisingly comfortable if noisy, however on the day we left all of the beds throughout the hotel were being renewed so any such issue is likely solved.
There is cable TV (all French) a very good sized bathroom and the tiny kitchen houses a hob, sink, fridge, microwave and even a small dishwasher.
The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the Marie de Clichy metro station and there is a large well stocked “Casino” supermarket right across the road.
The rooms on the main road are only noisy if you open the windows/french doors, but it’s nice to sit, listen & watch a bustling suburb of Paris going about its business.
It’s not the Ritz but if you need a reasonably priced base for your trip that’s only a few metro stops from the centre, this is ideal.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Pianomanwales
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I barely know where on earth to begin.

We booked this really as a place to sleep, we had planned to spend the time exploring.

Sleep was however a huge difficulty, we had a room which was right onto the road which is in fact a very busy road early in the morning, so every morning we had the pleasure of tooting horns and general traffic.

If this was bad enough we then had to sleep on a sofa bed which by all means was really on fit for a child. I am 6ft 1 and my legs were too long for this bed.

To make this stay even worse, we only had a enough hot water for 1 person to shower daily.

It really really was awful, I cannot stress anymore how bad it was.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alex E
Konstanz, Germany
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed in Apparts City Clichy la garenne for 3 nights in Feburary 2014. Metro Station and Supermarket is right around the building, it takes about 10 minutes to Champs Elysees via Metro. Room was clean, kitchen is very usefull in this very expensive city. Breakfast is too expensive, so we didn t joined it. Price is ok!

We had a nice stay!!

Room Tip: Zimmer in Richtung Innenhof deutlich ruhiger!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This was my first trip to Europe and was little worried about the language problem. Surprisingly my stay was so comfortable, felt like m @ home only.

Pros of this facility:
Welcoming staff. Language was not at all a problem.

Nicer and relatively larger room. (I have had visited my friends staying at other hotel - rooms over their were pretty small).

Clean corridor

Very conveniently located
Metro station not even 200 meters.
Two grocery store located just outside the hotel
at least three different banks and one "Subway" restaurant within half a kilometer radius

Cons:
Limited front desk hours. I was lucky enough as my flight was delayed and I reached the premise at 8:55 PM. I justed ckecked in and within 5 minutes front desk counter was closed. Had it been more delay, I don't know how would I have check in?

Room cleaning service is just once a week. But I can live with that.

Room has support for only wired network. If you are carrying a smartphone and want to access net, you have to come to lobby as wifi support is available only in the lobby.

Overall my experience was very good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ShantiPremi
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Where to begin.. We arrived in the Paris area during a bit of heat wave, upper 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Rooms have no Air Conditioning, opening windows lets in an extremely noisy road. Wired Internet in our fist room did not work. After complaining for three days about no Internet they moved us to a room with Internet but the Window wouldn't open.

Others had Internet issues as well, forcing many guests to huddle in the small lobby to use wireless internet. To be honest Internet in Europe is at least 15 years behind the USA. They still have Internet Cafes. Good luck with reliable internet anywhere in Europe.

First room carpet was Black from Dirt, no shower divide so floor was wet after each shower, second room not as bad.

Office closes up completely from 12:00 to 14:00 hrs. Many customers wait until office reopens before check in.

Never again.

Room Tip: Don't choose this one
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family