“Modern and bright hotel”

Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Clichy
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Spacious and clean hotel.
10 minutes walk from Clichy Metro/Bus station.
At present there are a lot of road works between the hotel and Clichy Metro station.
The ring road runs outside the hotel.
If you are a light sleeper request a room overlooking the courtyard.
Effective aircondition in rooms.Windows can also be opened.
Free WiFi in rooms and also a couple of computer terminals available for guests opposite reception.
Limited restaurant menu, for a HI of this size.
Very friendly staff, reception and bar staff.

Room Tip: Facing the courtyard if you need to let fresh air in!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Sebastien T, Duty Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Dear Norsemanuk,

First of all I wish to thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. It is really important for us to know your feedback!
We are glad to read that our staff welcomes you with friendship! It our pleasure to give the best to anyone.
Our hotel is situated closed to the limits of Paris, easy to drive by car. The proximity of the ring engage us to give the best tranquillity in the rooms, all our windows, on the street and the courtyard get perfect phonic isolation.
The area of the hotel is getting great renovations. These works are making our neighbourhood closest of the center of Paris with better access to the transports.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was here on business, and the staff were super helpful, and friendly with it. Flexible and nice. It makes a huge difference. But the whole hotel is desperately... average. From the conference facilities to the food to the décor and ambience. It says "we scrimped on money wherever we could". This is fine if you have a particularly Puritan attitude to your hotel accommodation. It didn't work for me. Where it's at its worst is in the actual rooms - they are Spartan and cheap. One of my wall-mounted bedside lights was hanging off its mounting. There was a crumpled tissue on the floor when I arrived (nice!). The bathroom ceramics were stained. The two bath towels didn't match - not a case of quirkiness, just a case of rather sad cheapness, I fear. That said, the bed was comfy and I slept very well. I guess you get what you pay for - but it isn't a bargain when it's a soulless, drab experience. Is it?

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason C
Aurelie_Conton, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for your comments following your last stay in Holiday Inn Paris Porte de Clichy.
Your mention regarding the friendly and positive attitude of the staff has been translated to the hotel team who is very thankful for this observation of yours.
For the last two years a lot of renovating work has been engaged toward the lobby, the restaurant and the meeting rooms. Improving our guests comfort is our main goal and we just started to renovate our rooms paint walls and carpet. We are taking into good consideration the housekeeping and technical problems you noticed in your room, please accept my apologies for the discontent you encountered during your stay and I really hope to welcome you again very soon in our hotel.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

This was, by far, the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in my life.

The hotel reception smelt of sewage for most of my stay. My room also smelt of sewage so I had to open the window every night in order to get to sleep, but then the noise of the motorway right next to the hotel made it very difficult to sleep! This was also the case with some of my colleagues' rooms.

When we complained to the front desk they told us 'there is no smell, it's from outside' and denied that there was a problem.

My room (and the corridor) had discusting stains all over the floor.

The last time I stayed here (in February 2012) some of my makeup got stolen and when I reported it to the reception they were unapologetic and did not offer any compensation.

This hotel is by far the most discusting and smelly hotel I have ever stayed in, I will never ever come back here.

Be warned

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Emma2404
Aurelie_Conton, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for your stay in Holiday Inn Paris Porte de Clichy and for your feedback. Your comments are very important to us in order to target more effectively the points that need to be improved.
You noticed an unpleasant smell during your stay which is a very punctual problem for which we are currently in contact with Clichy city hall in order to erase this distasteful smell which takes place at certain specific times. Please accept my apologies for this annoyance you experienced.
Concerning the building maintenance we are trying our best to maintain the level of our guest expectations by permanently renovating our rooms and improving the guest comfort. Unfortunately this does not stop certain rooms to be stained between two carpet shampoos and I regret you were occupying one of the few rooms with the carpet stained.

Once again thank you for your constructive comments we are taking into consideration, I sincerely hope that you will renew your stay with us.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

The room have paint peeling off the ceiling. The Internet is so slow even an email times out before it is sent. The staff are fantastic though and do make the hotel eel like home. The food is very mediocre and the choice is very limited. Breakfast is good and there is a lot of choice. The rate jump up and down with regularity which is very difficult to understand.

Room Tip: The only rooms that are good are the corner suites.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Lionel A, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear guest ,

First of all we would like to thank you for your stay in our hotel holiday Inn Paris Porte de Clichy, and much specifically for having taken the time to share your opinion with us.
We aim at improving our quality and increase your satisfaction. Therefore, your feedback is more than welcome.
Please allow me, on behalf of all the staff, to thank you for mentioning their good qualities of service and I am glad to know they made you feel like home.
I have forwarded your comments about the quality of the food to the restaurant manager and rest assured, they have been taken in consideration.
Lots of renovations have been engaged for the last two years ,starting from the lobby and the restaurant of the hotel, banqueting rooms and now heading toward the rooms completely aware that this will definitely enhance the quality of the hotel. Please be informed that within the current month, we will be changing our whole Wifi system to resolve once and for all the internet issue.
All these changes stand for our willingness to make your stay in our hotel more and more comfortable.
Looking forward to welcoming you again.
Sincerely yours.
Lionel ADJAGBA

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Stayed here for a short business trip, and I find that the staff are very polite and welcoming. However the facilities provided here are generally quite basic, and there _might_ be additional costs involved.

The room itself is small, and provides basic amenities. Does not invite one to spend much time in the room, and really is a place to pass the night. While the room was clean, the place is a little dated. The rooms have thin walls, and every little sound can be heard through the walls / door. Thankfully my room faced away from the main road, so it was relatively quiet apart from the occasional sirens.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Sebastien T, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Dear Slynl,

Thank you for your comment for our hotel. It is always a real pleasure for our staff to welcome guests from everywhere!

The hotel is next to the ring of Paris, so quietness in the rooms is very important for us. All our windows are soundproofing material. Rooms on the street must offer the best quietness possible. As well, we may have Executive Rooms, bigger, a complementary full minibar with soft drinks, amenities in the bathroom, and most of them have a view on a peaceful patio.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in our hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 March 2013

Positives first. Nice and clean room, comfortable bed, choice of pillows. Complimentary drinks in the minibar
The shaff are also extremely polite and keen to please,
The let-down is the breakfast area, which is completely under-dimensioned for the traffic that it gets at around 8am. On my first morning, many people had to stand and queue for 10+ minutes to get in, and those inside were stumbling over each other to get to the buffet stations. Not the gentle start to the day you might wish for.
The location is also dreadful: Clichy is not a part of Paris you would chose, which I guess explains the clientele: local business visitors, tour coach parties and, I suppose, the odd tourist who didn't read the guidebooks or confused it with Place de Clichy and thought they were closer to the real attractions of Paris!.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Sebastien T, Responsable réception at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Dear Travellingdave0,

First of all, let us thank for your stay at the hotel Holiday Inn Paris Porte de Clichy and thank you as well for your feed back.
The service and satisfaction is always our main goal, we really appreciate your comments about the rooms and the staff.

As well we wish to apologize about your experience at the breakfast. We may have some rush hours in the breakfast room which do not excuse of course waiting to get it. But, we may purpose a room service breakfast with the full buffet and as well we inform every guest about the peak time in the restaurant to recommend the best periods.

We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon in our hotel

Best regards

Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

I staid here on a recent business trip and found the rooms to be good pretty clean and well stocked. The phone and Internet were easy to use -a must when I'm in a hurry to get up and running a remote location. Very comfortable and they had corporate rates as well. Great choice of pillows as well.
The hotel bar/ restaurant didn't have a huge selection but everything we tried was really nicely done. The buffet of breakfast which was included in our stay was really great in general- wide variety and very fresh and very stocked. It closed earlier than advertised but the staff was helpful and the seating area was huge.
I have to also say something about the staff because they were more than helpful kind and patient with us, especially a nice man named Houssain (I think). I had been mugged and had my phone stolen earlier in Pairs and he called the police for me and helped me with some translating. They were all super accommodating.
If you have business in the area it's a great choice and though its not super close to the bulk of touristy Paris it's not hugely far either. There is a metro stop about 7-10 mins walk away.

• Stayed: March 2013
Aurelie_Conton, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Paris Porte de Clichy for your last stay in Paris.
We have set as a goal to permanently improve our services by listening to our customers feedback. Therefore, your comments are highly appreciated.

Noticing a good gesture is wonderful but appreciating it and taking the time to praise it, that is even greater.
I am thrilled you have enjoyed your stay, although you had to go through the theft hassle and believe me, your comments were shared with all the staff and especially with Hassan.
Once again, thank you so much for your feedback and I sincerely hope you would visit us soon.

Aurélie Conton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clichy
Montparnasse
Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center
Hotel Residence Europe
#1 of 10 in Clichy
Grand Hotel Clichy
#3 of 10 in Clichy

Been to Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy? Share your experiences!