“Tired and expensive hotel with good staff”

Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Clichy
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed on business for the first time at this hotel. The service throughout was good and the restaurant limited but good quality. The room was poor. Decoration was old and tired- chipped paint, loose tiling in the bathroom and generally drab. There was some issue with plumbing that made noise throughout the night- earplugs fixed that. Staff were excellent and friendly and as responsive as they could be but overall this is a hotel punching well below its weight.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank stevemacl
jpbenaiteau, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear SteveMacl,

As you already told us during check out, we would like to thank you on your feedback as it is very important to us. We apologise that our hotel did not meet your expectation. We did make a discount on your bill to show you how sorry we are about it.

Just to let you know, in the last 3 years, we did refurbish reception, restaurant, bar and meeting space area to improve feeling comfort in our hotel. Now, we are doing some renovating works through the year in our bedrooms to meet your expectancy

Also, we would like to thank you regarding your nice message on staff work that we will pass it on.

We hope to see you back very soon.

Best regards,

Jean-Pierre Benaiteau

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

For job reasons I cone to this hotel at least once a month.
It is not centric at all if you want to visit Paris, really periferic without nothing outside ( restaurants or shops).

But if the location is convenient for you, as is my case, I want to share that is an international
Hotel. Clean, comfortable, and with a real free wifi service working well ( they have invested on that lately, and now is a pleasure for user experience's)..

You can do quick chek out and receive your bill after through e-mail, I also love this option.

Food is good: regarding breakfast buffet, there's nothing better in 1km around, and the variety and quality is good: cheese, bread, iogurts, fruit, juices, tea's, hot english breakfasts, cereals, chocolat, croissants, etc..

However, when you need and extra out of this wide variety- cost is not cheap ( e.g: one coke is 6 euros).
Maybe because they know there's no place around to buy one.

Same for the bar: service is great, waiters talk many languages and are absolutely professional and kind at the same time. Again, prices are a litle bit high: beer around 8 euros.

In summary, my experiences are always really positive, and they listen to us to improve services, once and another, this spirit to grow is something I like.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank MATFILM
jpbenaiteau, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear MatFilm,

Thank you for your review and feedback. It is always nice to see all of our efforts fully rewarded when our guests are fully happy.

We would like to assure you that our rates are in average equal to 4 stars hotels Bars in Paris. Also, we did not increase our rates since 1st January even if VAT went from 7 to 10%. But be sure that we will take good consideration of your comment.

We will be very happy to welcome you again in your next stay in Paris

Best regards,

Jean-Pierre Benaiteau

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and 4 days. I have also stayed at lots of Holiday Inn hotels in many cities (see older reviews) and I have to say that I did not experience any of the negative things that other travellers have written about this hotel.

Firstly the food here is great! The restaurant is actually advertised outside of the hotel (The Doors) and I found breakfast, lunch, room service and dinner to be very good. Food arrived quickly, hot, plenty of choice and of a very good standard.

My standard room had a comfortable bath, plenty of storage, comfortable bed, clean and decorated nicely. I knew the mini bar would not be stocked - this is standard across most chains including Crowne Plaza.

The hotel reception was always busy but I was helped with taxis and my pre-booked airport taxi to Paris Charles DG which took 40 minutes and cost 50 euros. This, I found to be standard for Europe and not a disappointment. It's quite easy to find out the location of a hotel before booking it and I was very happy to be based in Clichy.

I found a selection of movies to watch in room that were up o date and not any more expensive to any other hotel. This is a good Holiday Inn and the staff in the pleasant bar area and restaurant were very good.

My only disappointment was that room service is not 24h but I guess I've been spoilt with US hotels recently and there are plenty of restaurants and shops surrounding the hotel to provide food for the jet lagged traveller.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Josie J
Sebastien T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear 432JJ_London,

First of all we wish to thank you for your comment on Trip Advisor. This is truly important for us to have your feedback to make our hotel great.
We enjoyed reading you appreciated your stay with us and you liked the services of the hotel.
We hope having the pleasure to welcome you back in our hotel or in any Holiday Inn Hotel soon !

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Stayed here for a day as my connecting flight was next morning. I arrived at 11:00 AM and still they accepted, gave me a room and charged me only for 1 day. I would like to thank the staff for this. Gave me a room on 8th floor which had direct view of the Eiffle tower although the tower is quite far away. Buffet breakfast was good with decent variety of food. Not much was on dinner many though. Free internet was very fast. Room was clean and tidy. The neighborhood is not that great. The hotel is far away from the CDG airport, took about 50 Euros by taxi and 1 hour.

Room Tip: Take a room on higher floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Sebastien T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Dear Aadiit,

We thank you for to have chosen Hotel Holiday Inn for your stay in Paris and you've enjoyed this stay with us and the room on 8th floor with its balcony and a nice view of the city.
Quality is our daily main goal to satisfy all our guests !
Our hotel is situated in the business area of Clichy, at 5 minutes walk from the closest metro Station (15 minutes Champs Elysées) and at 25km of both airports of Paris, Charles de Gaulle and Orly.
We hope having the pleasure to welcome you back soon in our hotel,

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed for 1 night during a business-trip to Paris for 165€/night. Late check-in went well and the room was very spacy for Paris-standards, but the rest was simply un-acceptable.
Bed was really small and uncomfortable. I woke up at night and wanted to have a drink from the mini-bar, which unfortunately was empty. In the morning the breakfast-room is extremely crowded with tourist-groups mainly from Asia. I didn´t even have a proper cup for my coffee. At check-out I had to queue more than 10 minutes and it took me finally another 10 minutes to get my invoice from a trainee.
I can´t recommend this hotel to anybody. Stay somewhere else, whenever you can. t

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rummedings

Dear Heidelberg,

We thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor. All comments are very constructive for us to make our hotel better.
We have different categories of room, with two twins (1 meter large) or one double bed (1.60 meters), Standard, Executive and Corner Rooms. We have a complementary mini bar in our superior rooms with soft drinks, the bar is empty in standard rooms but we have water in our hotel available 24 hours a day.
We are truly sorry for the bad experience you met in our breakfast room. All your comments have been transferred to our Breakfast service to make it as nice as possible.
Check out could now be quick and easy with our "Express Check Out Process". You fill a form, we debit your credit card number and we send your invoice before noon.

We truly hope having the pleasure to welcome you back soon to show you our warmest service.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Hotel lobby is good and spacious. The hotel reception and restaurant staff speak good english, although you may find it difficult it to follow them. Hotel room was spacious. The plus is its location near to Saint-Ouen. The metro stations is 5 minute walk from the hotel. Breakfast menu has a wide varierty. Room service was promptly carried out everyday. Hotel has good Wi-fi connection and it's complementary! :) It's easy to log-in to the Wifi and start using it. It has good facilities for a business traveller and a offers a great comfort!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sujay_Rames,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the feedback you expressed following your visit in our hotel.
As you mentioned it below, our hotel is situated in the business area of St Ouen and Clichy, at 25 km from both airports and 5 minutes from the closest metro station, line 13 direct to Champs Elysées and St Lazare.
Our internet is fully complementary since july 2013 everywhere in our hotel.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and we hope having the pleasure to welcome you back soon.
Regards

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel was reasonably priced comparing to the rooms and breakfast quality. Fairly good metro and RER connections to the city. The rooms were really nice and quiet. Neighbourhood around Clichy was also really nice and there was a lot of local cafe's and small restaurants (local, not with white tablecloths). I could take my family to stay here also (2+2).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Aurelie_Conton, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Jari,

Thank you for your positive comment posted on tripadvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have the pleasure welcoming you and your family very soon in our hotel.

Kind regards and Happy holidays,

Aurélie Conton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clichy
L'Imprimerie Hotel
#1 of 11 in Clichy
Hotel Residence Europe
#2 of 11 in Clichy
La Villette
Holiday Inn Express Paris-Canal de la Villette

Been to Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy? Share your experiences!