“Pleasant Holiday Inn”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Clichy
Hong Kong, China
“Pleasant Holiday Inn”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Got an Executive Room, which was stocked with complimentary drinks - a big plus. Other than that, it's typical Holiday Inn standard. Location-wise, it is a bit hard to find from Porte de Clichy metro station (and you have to go under a flyover - somewhat dodgy at night). But apparently the government is doing urban renewal with a new park set to open soon near the hotel so hopefully the neighbourhood atmosphere will improve.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank thetravellinghker
jpbenaiteau, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear thetravellinghker,

We would like to thank you for your feedback following your stay in our hotel Holiday Inn Paris Porte de Clichy and for taking the time to share your comments.

The "Porte de Clichy" is actually in a big transition phase as we welcome in a few years the new "palais de Justice". The project is very nice and we hope you will have the occasion to see it during your next visit. Also, line 14 of the Metro will be serving our address in 2017.

We are very happy to see you appreciate your stay with us, and hope to see you soon.

Jean-Pierre Benaiteau

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 23 June 2014

What youd expect from a Holiday Inn. The staff are friendly and helpful, have stayed there on 2 occasions lately and have not been disappointed in any way. First stay I had an issue with the bathtub tap and the tv remote, but when informed to the reception both were fixed when I got back in the afternoon. Rooms are fine and bathrooms also.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are quieter (although outside noise was not a problem for me, even if facing Bd Victor...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
jpbenaiteau, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Ferskfesk,

I would like to thank you for your feedback following your stay in our hotel Holiday Inn Paris Porte de Clichy and for taking the time to share your comments.

I am very happy to see that you fully appreciate our hotels bedroom, staff and location. The entire team work hard on guest service and the best awards are to read feedback like yours.

Thank you again for you nice message and hope to see you soon in our property.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I really don't understand the good reviews for this hotel. In fact, I was so confused that I went back and pulled out my invoice to make sure that I stayed at the same hotel as the other people that reviewed this site. My invoice says Holiday Inn Paris - Porte de Clichy, 2 rue du 8 Mai. So, I think that I've got the right place.

My experience was completely contrary to the other reviews here.

I arrived late (after 2300h) and was made to wait while they found me a room because they'd overbooked. Not a great start. Thankfully, they found me a room and I gratefully headed in the direction of sleep. Unfortunately, as soon as I walked into the room I realised that I couldn't stay there. It was grubby and smelt very stale. I called the front desk but was told that there were no more rooms.

So, I headed downstairs to hand back my card key and go out into the night to find another hotel.

Once I indicated my intention to leave, they started tapping the keyboard and managed to find another room for me - but not after lots of grimaces and a major attitude. I was ready to leave anyway just because of the terrible atmosphere that was developing, as if it were my fault that they gave me a dirty room. But, by now it was very late, and I was very tired. So, I headed to the room.

This time, at least the room was clean. The wallpaper was peeling off the wall, the skirting boards were scuffed and the shower was broken ... but at least it was clean. So, I gratefully fell onto the bed and asleep.

I really hate to give bad reviews, but this was definitely one of my worst experiences in a hotel. I'm a gold member of the IHG rewards club, and use Holiday Inn (or one of their sister hotels) an average of 2-3 nights every 2-3 weeks. I can assure you that the Holiday Inn Porte de Clichy is not indicative of other hotels in the group. Occasionally I get a mediocre hotel, but typically the staff are efficient and (more importantly) nice so this makes up for it. Unfortunately, this was not the case at Holiday Inn Porte de Clichy. To cap it all, it's really expensive.

Honestly ... look somewhere else. There are much better less expensive hotels in nicer parts of Paris.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kokosun
Dear Kokosun,

We are sorry to see that our hotel does not meet your expectations but also surprise that you do not mentioned that the receptionist in charge did offer you an upgrade to an executive room, straight after your complain.

Regarding the maintenance of the rooms, we are replacing carpet and refreshing wall paint in all our bedrooms. We have already done at least 60% of them and should have finish by the end of the year.

Concerning the high rate, you came during the highest season of the year in Paris (EUROSATORY congress). Also, you may not know but you have benefit from a special discount as your company have a yearly contract with us.

We appreciate your feedback and hope that you'll give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Travellers are raving about these Clichy hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed for one night with our 2 young boys - 3 and 6 years old. The welcome was very warm and friendly and staff were kind to our kids. As IHG Reward members we got upgraded to executive rooms and drinks in the mini bar were free. A very nice touch and a good surprise. We also got offered a complimentary drink in the bar or 300 points per person added to our account. We opted for the points as we decided not to bother other guests with kids in the bar, however the bar and restaurant area looked nice. The area of Porte de Clichy is not that nice, but the hotel is close to the metro which is nice and there are lots of eateries down the road if you don't want to eat at the hotel. There are lots of take away pizza and kebab places and we found a nice Chinese buffet down the road, about 5 mins walk.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cordelia55
jpbenaiteau, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Cordelia55,

We would like to thank you for your nice comment about our hotel Holiday Inn Paris - Porte de Clichy.

IHG Reward members are very important to us and we are happy to see you appreciate all the gesture we do, to make your stay even better.

Again thank you for your kind message that we will be sharing with the team.

Oberageri, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 June 2014

More of a business hotel than touristic because that part of Paris is not especially nice (although not too far from Montmartre, Moulin Rouge etc). Rooms ok, not special. Lunchtime food in bar was very good quality, and nicely served/presented. Breakfast buffet ok but not worth 22€ !!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear TheFrog59,

We would like to thank you regarding your comments about your stay at Holiday Inn Paris - Porte de Clichy.

It is true that our location made us more a business hotel as we are very closed to a lot of International Company Headquarters (like L'Oréal, Danone, Amazon...). But as you said our location is quiet close from Montmartre and the famous Moulin Rouge ! And we are very easy to access from both airport.

We are happy that you enjoy your lunchtime at DOOR'S BAR, do not hesitate next time to try our restaurant which is very nice at dinner time.

Regarding our breakfast, do not hesitate to buy one of our BB rates directly so you will benefits from a reduced breakfast rates.

We hope we will see you soon in Paris,

Director of Sales and marketing
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stay for 2 nights. From the moment we check in, they have arranged the room for non-smoking and smoking accurately. The wifi is connected all the way. From lobby to room, I have not experience any problem with that. Rooms is adequate. Not to big, and not too small. Breakfast is very basic. Don't expect any fancy menus. But bacon and egg, cereal, breads and some fruits are available. The one thing I love about this hotel is the location. It's located in the very Porte de Clichy, which only took 10 minutes from Arc De Triomph. The hotel's duty manager is very accommodative, and in fact all the staff are very friendly and helpful. I hope to stay again for my next visit

• Stayed May 2014
jpbenaiteau, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Daniel T,

Thank you again for you nice message and hope to see you soon in our property.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel is well located, about 5 minutes from 2 metro stations. Taxi from CDG is about €70. Internet speed is excellent and there are plenty of plug sockets in the rooms.
Breakfast is chaotic but there is a good choice of food. Surprisingly they stop serving food at 11PM though! The staff we dealt with were all friendly and spoke decent English. The rooms are incredibly well insulated and we heard no noise from the traffic outside. They also had a nice view of Sacre Coer.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very nice indeed
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear MarcusHurley,

We are attentive to our breakfast service and we are looking at new layout to improve in this matter.

We are happy to see that our new internet service have meet your expectation. Since last year, this service (4mbps) is free for all guests and a even stronger connection (100mbps) is also available for only 9€ per day.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back,

Director of Sales and Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clichy
Batignolles-Monceau
Timhotel Paris XVII Bd Berthier
Hotel Residence Europe
#1 of 10 in Clichy
Grand Hotel Clichy
#2 of 10 in Clichy
Hotel Median Paris Congres
#1,251 of 1,801 in Paris

Been to Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy? Share your experiences!