“Heaven on Earth!”

Guest House Stella Cadente
Ranked #1 of 8 Provins B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Wow, where to start? Daniel and Hélène are friendly and helpful and getting to know them was a highlight of the stay. I felt right at home. Daniel provided plenty of helpful information about what to do in Provins and where to eat. He also provides a pass that gives free access to a selection of attractions in the village.

The rooms are meticulously decorated, cosy and clean. I stayed in Puss and Boots and the bath is lovely. The house is peaceful and the beds are comfortable. I had a good night's sleep every night with no disturbances. The breakfast was great, with fresh breads, pastries, cereals, jams, coffee, tea, juice and Daniel will cook eggs for you.

The gardens are beautifully kept and it's a pleasure to read a book under a tree in the afternoon. Just up the road is the upper part of Provins, home to the Tower of Caesar and the ramparts. Make sure you visit the rose garden (La Roseraie de Provins) if you like that sort of thing - it's absolutely stunning, especially on a warm sunny day. Take a picnic and some wine and spend the afternoon.

I can't recommend La maison de Stella Cadente highly enough. I can't fault the whole experience and I will remember it forever. I booked it on a whim as a break from my two month stay in Paris and it ended up being the best part of my whole trip. Go during the week if you can because the village is quiet and you'll almost have the place to yourself. Thank you to Daniel and Hélène. I hope to return!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Emma R
DANIEL D, Gérant at Guest House Stella Cadente, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Emma thank you for your testimony. For Helen and me, it is very important to help our foreign guests with useful information about Provins. We offer indeed a pass visit for the monuments available for one person and for each room rentals. Our park, the only one of this size in Provins, is available for your relaxation, or why not to enjoy a barbecue, and if you have the opportunity to come during the week or for 2 nights with our special summer rate (a night bought, the second at half price) you will be amazed by the tranquility of the place. I agree with you that the rose garden merit a detour. Sometimes it is said that chance makes well things. We hope also to see you again and Tango awaits you for a walk.
Friendly

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this most unique B&B. Friendly staff, a beautiful room (Puss in Boots), comfortable bed, a good night's sleep, fantastic breakfast! Had we known that Provins was such a delightful place we would have stayed longer!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
DANIEL D, Gérant at Guest House Stella Cadente, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you very much for your testimony.
I like to receive foreign customers, introduce them to our guest house, Provins, and also have very fruitful discussions.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

A very beautiful maison, designed and decorated in an original way, with a a friendly atmosphere and a really personal welcome by friendly staff. Well worth the stay and definitely worthy of more than one stay. Also good surroundings, with its own gardens and located in the medieval town of Provins.
Thanks for the experience and (as I hope) au revoir.

Ernest, Pays-Bas

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
DANIEL D, Gérant at Guest House Stella Cadente, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

I see you've appreciated your first experience in a guesthouse. Very often, I say and I think it really :"you're like at home", so you're my guests.
It will be with a great pleasure to see you again.
Sincerely

Daniel D

Reviewed 3 November 2012

We were enchanted by this magical place. The whole house is an invitation to day and nightdreaming... From the outside, the house looks like a very nice and comfortable bourgeoise residence. In fact, the inside is an amazing place full of surprises... We had the chance to visit most of the rooms, each of them has its own story to tell (based on a fairy tale for most of them, Alice in Wonderland, Peau d'Ane). We had the White Queen room, a nice and comfortable cocoon, with much space though, and also with a fabulous decoration.
The host, Daniel, is a real gentleman, smooth and helpful, and he prepared us a delicious breakfast with fresh French pastries (we had one of our best "pain au chocolat" ever). Provins is also a very interesting medieval city with plenty of things to see (the underground city...)
Our stay in Stella Cadente's house was a very unique moment that we highly recommend to people looking for a romantic and original stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your testimony.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

My wife, our 4 children and I were looking for a different way to celebrate New Year Eve. My wife picked this Maison d'Hôte which turned out to be a little gem. This is very close from Paris (one hour drive) in the medieval city of Provins. The house is surrounded by a large garden and you litteraly see squirrels playing all over the trees from your bathroom or the breakfast room.

The decoration is pretty amazing (each room is decorated according to a fairy tale). There are several interesting buildings to visit in the medieval part of the city if you like History. We had a great New Year Eve celebration dinner for half the price we would have paid in Paris with twice as much to eat... :-)

I highly recommend this Maison d'Hôte for either a romantic get away or for a family escape.

One last note : the breakfast is first class and Daniel, the person in charge, is a very nice and helpful host.

Enjoy !

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank StephaneTreppoz
Reviewed 16 July 2011

A delightful bed-n-breakfast that is perfectly situated to explore the medieval town of Provins. The house is decorated in fantastic, whimsical designs at every turn. It's unlike any hotel we've ever stayed at. The Peau d'Ane Suite was perfect for our family of five – spacious, clean and comfortable with a fun animal theme. (Note: If you aren't a fan of hunting and taxidermy, then don't stay here.) The only downside is that the room with twin beds is completely lit in black light which is cool but makes it hard to see at night. Complimentary bottled water is a nice touch. The grounds are well-kept and our kids loved running around on the acre of grass in the backyard. Jessica was a friendly and responsive hostess. The continental breakfast was superb – a variety of bread, pastries, croissants, cereal, yogurt and fruit toppings. We were there during the week and it was practically empty... a wonderful, relaxing getaway!

Room Tip: Peau d'Ane Suite sleeps five comfortably.