“Our Seattle Home Away From Home”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #8 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Portland, Oregon
“Our Seattle Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

There are very few hotels in Seattle who make their guest feel as welcome as they do at the Kimpton's Hotel Monaco.
From the moment you arrive every employee greets you with a smile and goes out of their way to make sure your stay is as comfortable as possible.
Having recently undergone a make-over, the newer Monaco is now brighter and a bit more "minimalist" than the old Monaco. I was very pleased with the new decor.
I would suggest that the put some drawers in the premium floor Queen/Queen rooms. We had to get creative in finding places to put our suitcase items for the two days we were there. I normally do not like seeing all my clothing laying about in the room, and had we been staying longer, this issue would have turned into a problem.
My only criticism is that the bath towels were very scratchy.
I want to send a special THANK YOU to Rachael at the front desk for all her help moving us over from the Hilton (see that review).
Bottom line, stay at the Monaco, you will be glad you did!

Room Tip: Premium floors are a MUST!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel on returning from an Alaskan Criuse. On my initial reservation I requested our room to be ready at 09:00 and when we arrived it was and we were checked in with luggage in our rooms within minutes which was fantastic especially as we had a sleepy 5 yr old. The hotel is very well located and the rooms are very spacious and decorated to a very high standard, the staff are always there and available but not too much!! We stayed for 5 days and loved every minute of it. I would highly recommend anyone staying in Seattle to stay at this hotel, if we return to Seattle we will definately stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I love this hotel. The decor is charming and the rooms are spacious, but the best part is the staff. They are uniformly friendly and helpful all across the board. I've stayed there twice and will definitely stay there again if I find myself back in Seattle.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
CT
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I stayed here on a Saturday night in August for a girls weekend and truly enjoyed my stay. This hotel has it all-just the right amount of trendiness, excellent and attentive staff, ammenities and a great location. It is pet and child friendly ( although we had neither with us). Its within walking location of many restaurants and attractions. The social hour in the lobby was very relaxing and had a nice choice of beverages.
There is a suggestion board where guests can write their suggestions on what to do in Seattle. Its next to the bikes that can be borrowed.
Our room was quite roomy and comfortable. The bathroom not only had a huge and deep tub, it also had a nice separate shower and a blowdryer. We used the animal print robes that are in the closet after raiding the minibar. The ceiling is quite high and there is more than enough room to spread out since there is a couch , coffee table and chair as well as a desk.
I used the gym and it was more than adequate for me I even used the hoola hoops that were part of the equipment. There are several machines- treadmill, ellipse, bike and free weights as well as towels and a cold water dispenser.
This was a wonderful experience from check in to check out and I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2012 via mobile

We have stayed in Kimpton Hotels in other cities before, and this one did not disappoint. I was not a member of the rewards program but joined using the link I got in my reservation confirmation; the free in-room wi-fi and $10 mini-bar credit were terrific perks. The room was both hip and comfortable, and we enjoyed tasting Washington wines at the complimentary evening cocktail hour. Great location, excellent service, and fun surroundings - we will definitely be back.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Bowen Island, Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I have stayed here twice in the past few months, for two days in May, and one night last weekend. It is very central, with free downtown buses right outside, and is only a few short blocks to the Seattle Art Museum, as well as kitty corner to the new library, which is definitely worth a visit if you like interesting architecture. I found the newly decorated character of the hotel really inspiring, as a designer myself, and the rooms are comfortable at the same time with little artsy classy touches throughout. The complimentary wine hour is very nice, with changing offerings in the time I've gone to it. Last week they served a very nice gin cocktail, merlot and a range of appetizers that were ingeniously delicious. They had a magician doing card tricks last time as well. Very trendy place, with excellent service and friendly staff who enjoy their job helping guests. The restaurant serves creative meals and all were exceptional in my experience. I'll be back and love the loyalty program they offer.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise, but it's not bad anywhere I stayed. (7th and 10th floor...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
hmmm I wonder what appetizers we were serving that night at wine hour? dates wrapped in bacon? potatoe croquettes with truffle oil? All items coming out of Sazerac our brilliant Southern inspired restaurant. You have a great point the rewards program is terrific, just head over to Kimptonhotels.com and sign up, great deals and the easiest way to make a rez at any of the 60 Kimpton hotels. Thanks for the nice note!
Tom.
Clark, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Beautiful modern hotel with a very good staff and some nice amenities. We recently stayed at the Palomar in Philadelphia and the Monaco in San Francisco and this one is almost as nice. Great location, easy to get to everything. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Almost as nice! shocking. Actually each Kimpton hotel has its own look and feel, which is one of the reasons I love staying at them. Unlike all those other hotel groups, you never know which Kimpton you will like the best, naturally the Seattle Monaco should be at the top of the list, but you have it up against some great competition!
Thanks for the fun read, come back soon and try the other 2 Kimptons in the city.
Tom.