“Perfectly perfect stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas
“Perfectly perfect stay”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

From the minute I walked into the door (hours before the official check-in time), all of the hotel personnel were sweet and wonderful. I was offered a lovely nook by the window to work in while they prepared my room, and when I arrived at my room, I found that as a birthday surprise, my room had been upgraded and a bottle of sparkling wine was waiting for me.

The location was also great -- maybe 2-3 blocks from Pike's Market and 2-3 blocks from a long strip of shopping for anything you might be missing. Across the street from the amazing Seattle Public Museum.

My stay was for four nights, and each day that I returned to the hotel, I took a deep breath of gratitude for having found a "home" in Seattle.

Note - I accidentally clicked "excellent" on pool, and can't get rid of my rating, but I don't think they actually have a pool?

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Carolyn L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Where do I start! Max and Ariel are one of the reason that my two children want to keep returning to Hotel Monaco in Seattle. They are the goldfish that the hotel provides as pets to children in their Kimpton Kids program. Our family has stayed at this hotel two times for 1 week each time. My husband and I absolutely feel at home with the warm hospitality that Jordan and her staff at the front desk provide, the ever smiling Rachael, David and others at the valet welcome us to the hotel and the evening happy hours are a fun way to meet other guests while starting the evening off. This hotels rooms are very well appointed with the Art Deco furnishings. The service is impeccable.

Kimpton kids is an excellent program that my two children (5 & 7) brag about. When they complete their short questionnaire they are treated to a treat from the treasure chest and they get to pick an evening or morning when they would like a plate full of cookies and milk!

If you are Kimpton member, which by the way, is a free program, you are offered complimentary wifi. The hotel is situated in a very accessible place. Close to the luxury shops such as Louis Vuitton, Gucci etc or a couple of blocks away from the world-renowened Pike Place market. It is also approx 1 mile walking distance from Amazon corporate offices. It is right across from the Seattle Public library which has an excellent honor program four out of town visitors to borrow books...read " keep kids busy".

One may say, well these sort of programs are available at other hotels too. But, the smile and ever-willingness to go that extra mile is a far stretch to find at most other hotels in USA and this hotels staff delivers on it.

Overall, the cleanliness, food, warm hospitality wins me over every time at this hotel and I will keep returning.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed here for a girls getaway weekend. We arrived with only 15 minutes to spare before the Manager's reception was ending and the bell men let us out of our vehicle directed us to the servers and they poured us glasses of wine while they unloaded for us and got the check in process started. Rooms were large, nicely decorated and the staff was very welcoming and accommodating.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The kitschy wallpaper, Art Deco furnishings, not to mention the zebra and cheetah print robes; made this for a very fun stay! The room was impeccable, service was fantastic. Can't say enough about one of the staff that overheard us asking for a particular robe, and went out of his way to get us what we needed! The room was spacious for 4 adults, and the price was very reasonable. We were a very short distance to the pier and to all the shopping. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2013
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Hmmmm..... would never have thought of the wallpaper as Kitschy, and wont be running that past the designer anytime soon, but the fact that you loved the hotel and connected with the Art Deco/world traveller/upscale/eclectric/fun/stylish decor makes me happy! The staff here are reflective of the feel of the hotel and make the stay! Your guest room for 4 people was likely a queen queen which are a wonderful fit for any family or even a single traveller who just can't make up thier mind which bed to sleep in!
come back soon.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2013

This hotel is overpriced without the little perks you would expect from a room that costs so much. No coffee/tea in room, one bar of soap, no toothpaste and I was even charged $1 to print one page (even though I reluctantly agreed to 0.49cents). Ridiculous! I'd be sticking to something cheaper with included services.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank travellermr092
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Thanks for this, but I am guessing somehow you missed all the little perks which our guests have come to love, like... complimentary wine hour each night with a special event each evening. Pots and pots of coffee and treats in the lobby each morning, where else can you find a hula hoop in a fitness center or a goldfsh in your guest room and that coffee in your room - just ask and we will get one right up to you, its our pleasure. From a brilliant location to stunning guest rooms, we might be over the top, but never overpriced!
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I spent one and a half nights at this hotel for a girls' weekend. Normally, I only stay at Marriotts but the other girlfriend booked here first. It was a very nice boutique hotel and the service was very friendly and attentive. In my friends' room they sent up a bottle of champagne for her 40th birthday - what a nice touch!!

I was scheduled to arrive at 10:30 at night and I had already informed the hotel that I was going to be a late check in. I called again that day after 2.5 hour flight delay and told them that I wouldn't be checking in until after midnight. It took 10 minutes for them to take my call so I could have them note this in the reservation. I thought I called the hotel directly but it seems that I may have called the main reservation line?? Anyway 10 minutes on hold is a ridiculously long time to wait for anyone to be on hold for reservations. The woman on the phone took care of all my needs and was polite until the point where I said that I was on hold for 10 minutes waiting for someone to pick up the phone - I was told they were "busy" but I did get a half-hearted apology.

My 2.5 hour flight delay it was topped off by lost luggage. I showed up at the hotel with just my purse. Well on to the good part of the trip - the hotel itself. Check in went smooth and I informed the check in clerk -Nick - that I lost my luggage. He gave me such a nice care package to get me through the night/morning. The hotel room was very nice and large for one person - two would be comfortable. The bed and sheets were comfy. The bathroom was large and clean. Please note, the hotel's website states they have in room phone chargers - really it's for the iphone/ipads. I didn't have my charger with me as it was in my luggage but the staff at the front desk allowed me to use their phone charger overnight while I was sleeping. It was nice to have a fully charged phone in the morning.

I did not have a chance to use the work out facilities (see: lost luggage) but I did go down to look at it - it was a small room but well maintained equipment. It looked user friendly. We did not eat at the hotel but did avail ourselves of the happy hour in the lounge. It was a bit loud in there but really great happy hour prices and wine. We enjoyed it.

Other than the 10 minute wait on the phone, my only other complaint was that a room service tray belonging to the room next door was there at my check in at 1:30 am and was there when I told them about it at 3pm the next day - well after housekeeping finished with our floor. It was "hidden" around the corner in the hallway but had any housekeeping staff member attended to any of the three rooms it would have been clearly visible. But it was cleaned up almost immediately after I told the front desk about it.

If you only have a few days in Seattle, this location can't be beat. It's within easy walking distance of all the major tourist attractions. If you walk down 4th street you'll avoid all the hills....

I pre-paid for my hotel through the hotel's website. So my hotel room was ~ $200 per night - a decent price for the hotel. I am not sure that I would have felt the value for the money was there if I paid "rack" rate for the hotel room (~ $350)

The front desk was incredibly nice. Like I said before, I am a loyal Marriott member, but even with the perks of being a platinum member Marriott could/should pay attention to this hotel's attentive customer service. I will certainly would stay with them again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
I just finished reading your review, wow thats some serious typing but great feed back on all levels you even noted one of my favorite secrets which is that 4th Avenue (where we are) is one of the few streets without a huge hill on it! Nick is a great guy who lives to make a guests stay better on any level. Thanks for noting him. That is a frustrating experience to show up without your luggage but we will always do what we can, you are our guest after all!
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

Super boutiques hotels - the Monaco in Seattle is no exception. The right choice at a fine price for a perfect location. Lovely rooms - nice staff and a interesting room service menu- needed after a red eye arrival. Makes me smile... Even on a business trip,

• Stayed May 2013
I havent ever thought of our room service menu as interesting but as long as it made you smile that is what we are all about! thanks for the great notes about the room, you missed the note about the dynamic restaurant - Sazerac or Saz as locals call it, makes a trip to Seattle worthwhile on any level!
come back soon