“Great location and fabulous service”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #8 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 May 2013

A great place to stay, just a few minutes walk from the Convention C and the water front. The staff made everything also effortless. Great room service, room with soaking tub, what else does one need?

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank science13
There are newer reviews for Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Thank you Hotel Monaco! I was there a few weeks ago for my bachelorette get-a-way weekend and what a fabulous time we had! My favorite part was the location in the heart of Seattle. I am not sure why I have not stayed there before but will be back for sure. You walk out of the hotel and you are literaly surrounded by restaurants, shopping malls and shopping district.

Rooms were large, well equipped and very modern. The employees from the bell-staff to the front desk staff were very warm, witty and proactive. Thank you and looking forward to a return visit!

Room Tip: There are many adjoining rooms for parties. Some rooms even have three rooms that adjoin together so...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2013

From the minute I walked into the door (hours before the official check-in time), all of the hotel personnel were sweet and wonderful. I was offered a lovely nook by the window to work in while they prepared my room, and when I arrived at my room, I found that as a birthday surprise, my room had been upgraded and a bottle of sparkling wine was waiting for me.

The location was also great -- maybe 2-3 blocks from Pike's Market and 2-3 blocks from a long strip of shopping for anything you might be missing. Across the street from the amazing Seattle Public Museum.

My stay was for four nights, and each day that I returned to the hotel, I took a deep breath of gratitude for having found a "home" in Seattle.

Note - I accidentally clicked "excellent" on pool, and can't get rid of my rating, but I don't think they actually have a pool?

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Carolyn L
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Where do I start! Max and Ariel are one of the reason that my two children want to keep returning to Hotel Monaco in Seattle. They are the goldfish that the hotel provides as pets to children in their Kimpton Kids program. Our family has stayed at this hotel two times for 1 week each time. My husband and I absolutely feel at home with the warm hospitality that Jordan and her staff at the front desk provide, the ever smiling Rachael, David and others at the valet welcome us to the hotel and the evening happy hours are a fun way to meet other guests while starting the evening off. This hotels rooms are very well appointed with the Art Deco furnishings. The service is impeccable.

Kimpton kids is an excellent program that my two children (5 & 7) brag about. When they complete their short questionnaire they are treated to a treat from the treasure chest and they get to pick an evening or morning when they would like a plate full of cookies and milk!

If you are Kimpton member, which by the way, is a free program, you are offered complimentary wifi. The hotel is situated in a very accessible place. Close to the luxury shops such as Louis Vuitton, Gucci etc or a couple of blocks away from the world-renowened Pike Place market. It is also approx 1 mile walking distance from Amazon corporate offices. It is right across from the Seattle Public library which has an excellent honor program four out of town visitors to borrow books...read " keep kids busy".

One may say, well these sort of programs are available at other hotels too. But, the smile and ever-willingness to go that extra mile is a far stretch to find at most other hotels in USA and this hotels staff delivers on it.

Overall, the cleanliness, food, warm hospitality wins me over every time at this hotel and I will keep returning.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed here for a girls getaway weekend. We arrived with only 15 minutes to spare before the Manager's reception was ending and the bell men let us out of our vehicle directed us to the servers and they poured us glasses of wine while they unloaded for us and got the check in process started. Rooms were large, nicely decorated and the staff was very welcoming and accommodating.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The kitschy wallpaper, Art Deco furnishings, not to mention the zebra and cheetah print robes; made this for a very fun stay! The room was impeccable, service was fantastic. Can't say enough about one of the staff that overheard us asking for a particular robe, and went out of his way to get us what we needed! The room was spacious for 4 adults, and the price was very reasonable. We were a very short distance to the pier and to all the shopping. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: April 2013
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Hmmmm..... would never have thought of the wallpaper as Kitschy, and wont be running that past the designer anytime soon, but the fact that you loved the hotel and connected with the Art Deco/world traveller/upscale/eclectric/fun/stylish decor makes me happy! The staff here are reflective of the feel of the hotel and make the stay! Your guest room for 4 people was likely a queen queen which are a wonderful fit for any family or even a single traveller who just can't make up thier mind which bed to sleep in!
come back soon.
Tom.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

This hotel is overpriced without the little perks you would expect from a room that costs so much. No coffee/tea in room, one bar of soap, no toothpaste and I was even charged $1 to print one page (even though I reluctantly agreed to 0.49cents). Ridiculous! I'd be sticking to something cheaper with included services.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank travellermr092
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Thanks for this, but I am guessing somehow you missed all the little perks which our guests have come to love, like... complimentary wine hour each night with a special event each evening. Pots and pots of coffee and treats in the lobby each morning, where else can you find a hula hoop in a fitness center or a goldfsh in your guest room and that coffee in your room - just ask and we will get one right up to you, its our pleasure. From a brilliant location to stunning guest rooms, we might be over the top, but never overpriced!
Tom.