“Great Property, great location and excellent value.”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #7 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We have stayed here a number of times and always find it absolutely perfect. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. The staff are friendly and helpful and the location downtown is close to shopping and restaurants, as well as sporting venues. Sazerac is a nice, buzzy restaurant with excellent Cajun chow. All in all, a great spot in downtown Seattle.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank BRIAN F
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

The location of this hotel is really terrific Brian, I should know I practically live here! The center of the city (think market and Macy's) has a little too much buzz for most people and the location of the Monaco is great in that you can get there if you want to but more importantly you can get out of it if you want to! There are some great restaurants in our area, Tulio, Bookstore Bar and Sazerac spring to mind for some reason but a long list of others can be found with our ever so friendly Concierge can get you there.
Come back soon!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

It was our first visit to Seattle and our stay at Monaco Hotel made it memorable. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. They were able to accommodate us in all our requests and the restaurant was amazing. We definitely plan on coming back!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank magz_lanza

Thanks for the note - the restaurant Sazerac, has been a fixture for some time and evoved from a Southern eatery to one whc has great Pacific Northwest dishes with a slight taste of the South, come back soon and give it a serious test drive!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My best endorsement would be to say I arrived at the Monaco late in the evening after two delayed flights, in the rain and wind and from the second I pulled the hotel it felt like home. Valet was on top of getting my bags, and ushering me in under an umbrella, my room was just as my preferences requested, and the front desk made a room service recommendation for a warm soup and grill cheese. DONE and DONE. I want to stop there because really I don't want to taint the fact that it was a great stay. The room was on the smaller size, but perfectly cozy. I had a good amount of work to do so laying in bed I thrilled at the brilliance of the power outlets on the side the night tables. Bathroom was average size, but traveling alone I had enough space for everything. I had a car and had planned to drive through town, so the location wasn't as big a concern, but its definitely in a business part of town. That being said theres NO view, in fact it was in the shadow of a much larger office building next door.
If your deciding amongst the Kimptons in town…Alexis is the best location, followed by Monaco with smart rooms, and then Vintage, just a block away but looks a little worn.

Room Tip: High floor, facing away for the office building
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank v'nes
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Hey, thanks for the great note on your experience with us! this hotel actally has 17 different room types which was likely done to see if we could make the reservations agent crazy, however as a building which was converted from something else, it just turned out that way. Some of our rooms are great for 1 person some great for 4 or more, there is likely a room type fore everyone. We are located in the middle of the downtown core and yep, there are a number of buildings around us, but we also have some decent views, just depends what you are looking for. The Alexis is a great hotel and good location except for those hills, and the Vintage - is going to be the shiniest kid on the block shortly when they do a massive remodel, however one thing won't change - Tulio is the best Italian restaurant outside of Italy!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

A lovely boutique hotel in the heart of Seattle. Good proximity to shops, restaurants and Pikes Place Market. The rooms are very nice with lovely linens and well appointed bathrooms. My son loved having his very own goldfish - they will lend you one during your stay - feel free to name it!
Very friendly staff as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank westvanclan

Hello Canada, thanks for the great note, the nice thing about being a boutique hotel is the feature of being able to do what we want to make a guest feel better about staying here than one of those beige hotels. I worked for a big box hotel and one day when I heard someone at the desk yell out 'next' to the crowd of people standing in line, I really had to ponder what gracious hospitality was about. Its about making your son smile with a gold fish or hiring a street musician to play guitar while you have a glass of wine, thanks for the nice note, its why we are here.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Monaco (a Kimpton property) in mid-October. We showed up at 9am and were able to leave our luggage in storage while we saw the sights in beautiful Seattle. At 2pm, we received a call that our room was ready. We promptly returned to the Monaco and got keys to our suite which was very nicely appointed, very large, and comfy bed. We even had a goldfish to keep us company. The wine tasting hour was very nice, unlimited pours and even beer was available. Would definitely stay at the property again due to its comforts and convenient location close to the light rail and all Seattle sights!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roger a

Thumbs or Thumps its all the same. Glad we were able to make your October visit more of a success with having staff who work to get the process right! While you were waiting sometimes we direct you into Sazerac for a bowl of gumbo or a glass of vino, whatever works. Every afternoon we have our hosted wine hour where you can have a glass of wine, sometimes a beer and sometimes a cocktail, we keep it interesting and if that wasnt enough you can sometimes get me hanging out sharing wit and wisdom.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Monaco, and it was wonderful. Every night there was a happy hour of beer and wine, in the lobby--for free. The room was comfortable and spacious, and I liked how you could skip housekeeping and get a $5 voucher to be used in their restaurant/bar. I can make my own bed, and use my towel more than once. A big highlight was that the hotel was right off the light rail line. Only 2.75 to/from the airport. Can't beat that. Also, we were central to lots of sights including Pike Market and the Space Needle (a few blocks away from the monorail to the space needle). Would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks JoAnn, apprecaite those travel tips. Fair warning, the light rail which is excellent is about a block from the hotel but up a mighty steep hill. For most people likely no issue, I just always think about my family who have a travel mantra of 'pack heavy' when i see people coming up that hill. We do have a great location and easy access to so much the Emerald City has to offer. Its a great base for the city and even if you dont want to venture too far, Sazerac in the hotel, has brilliant food and a great bar for the perfect evening. Come back soon or we will come to San Diego and visit one of the great Kimpton Hotels in the sunshine!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Had a great long weekend stay at Hotel Monaco in downtown Seattle. Hotel is about 4 blocks from Pike Place and 4 blocks in another direction to Pioneer Square, so great if you are planning to walk around. Probably about 8-10 blocks to get to the aquarium and water taxis as well. It is also close to the lightrail if you are planning to take that to and from the airport.
The hotel itself was nice and the restaurant downstairs, Sazerac, was tasty as well. Rooms were cool with fun decor, but not overly big, which is to be expected for a hotel in downtown. Beds were comfy and everything seemed clean. The shower and bathroom left a little to be desired, but all in all not bad. Would definitely recommend this as a great choice if you're looking to be close to things in downtown.

Room Tip: In the heart of downtown, so no views from any of the rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple