“Great hotel, great location, great service”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #8 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Denver
“Great hotel, great location, great service”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We just returned from a 5 night stay over Thanksgiving at the Hotel Monaco. With both work trips and visits to family taking me to Seattle frequently, I've stayed at a lot of hotels downtown, and the Hotel Monaco is one of my favorites. It's clean, stylish, centrally located, and offers truly great service. I feel like the staff are genuinely happy that I'm there.

We stayed in a Monte Carlo suite with our 2 young boys, and it was perfect - my husband and I had a king bed, the boys shared the fold out couch, and we had a heavy curtain separating the 2 areas so the boys could go to sleep before we did. The kids loved having a goldfish in their room and the welcome gift bag they got upon arrival. My youngest had a cold while we were there, and at midnight one evening I called down for a humidifier. They sent one right up, and we used it for the rest of our stay, which helped our son sleep comfortably. You won't get that at just any hotel!

While it doesn't have a pool, the service, location, and quality of the room more than makes up for it. We will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Eastsound, Washington
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This is my new favorite hotel in Seattle-much nicer than the large business hotels in the same class. The location is excellent-you can walk everywhere-and the ambience classic Kimpton-friendly, sassy, excellent follow-through. Our room was large and lovely, very clean, and very though it was only on the third floor. The Kimpton amenities are great-good newspapers, robes, umbrellas, bar credit, and a smart concierge who listened.
I'll be back!

Room Tip: Really, they're all good, and In Touch members are upgraded whenever possible. Our room faced t...
Green Features: They're in place. they even give you a $5 daily credit if you don't want room service!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 1 December 2013

It's a nice hotel, with friendly, helpful staff, and in walking distance of some great Seattle areas. I arrived to find that I had been upgraded in order to accommodate a person who was joining me later during my visit. There's free wine in the evenings, free newspapers, and overall a nice atmosphere. My only issue is that some of the "perks," like discount coupons for the bar, were never deducted from the bill. (It's only $10, but hey, it's $10.) This aside, it's a hotel I will definitely stay in again next time I'm in Seattle!

Room Tip: Don't expect a view, but if you can get upgraded to the top floors, it's quieter and the roo...
Green Features: There are efforts to curb unnecessary housekeeping, towel collecting, etc. There are recycling bins in each room, which I found very helpful, too!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank craftyphd
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thanks so much for hitting the high points of the stay with us, we hand pick those folks at the desk and door to make the experience that much better, and the location, what can I say! so close to the shopping, great eats and waterfront. If it is raining on one of the 300 days here that it does rain, just pop into Sazerac for a bowl of Gumbo, and you will never want to leave. Hey those Raid the Bar perks, if we missed it on your account just shoot me an email and we will get it right, it is most certainly not a test to see if you will bother to use it! Can't wait for you to come back, see you soon.
Central California
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

First stay at a Kimpton property (5 nights - 2 adults / 2 children in a Monaco Suite). Having visited the Seattle area six previous times, trying a different hotel each stay, I read great reviews about the Monaco and decided to give it a chance. I joined their loyalty program and booked a great rate at $135 per night. Hotel location was great. Easy walking distance to downtown shopping / dining, as well as Pike Market. If you were venturing further than your legs would take you, the guys out front were great about grabbing a cab for you.
However: When it comes to housekeeping, things were lacking to say the least. We only received maid service 3 days of our stay, 4 occupants only received 3 towels each day and we had to make 3 calls for toilet paper & tissue during the stay??? I'm about a 7 on the high maintenance scale, but this was a bit much! If the housekeeping gets under control, everything else is good to go.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsClanton
Thanks for the great note, you certainly scored a terrific rate, bet you went right to the Kimptonhotels.com web site and read all about the rates, packages and special things going on. Glad you had such a good time, we routinely stock all our rooms for 2 guests with an extra supply for that 4th person in the room, just stop by the desk and let us know that you have 4 folks in there and we will pile the towels and TP inside the door. We have a wonderful program which allows you to skip housekeeping service for a little treat in Sazerac, as we never miss housekeeping service, and I mean we never miss doing a room, wonder if you used the card thinking it was gettin your room taken care. of? The housekeeping service is cracker jack on it, never hesitate to pick up the phone anytime you arent getting what you would like, from Toilet Paper to tissue to towels, we would rather you have it than us keeping it in the closet!
Come back soon, keep checking that web site for more of those great rates.
North Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel offers personalized and professional service, comfortable amenities plus the $10 credit for snacks in my room. Plus they have a store to stock up on anything you might need. Room service is punctual with a menu of local favorites.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 9meredithb
The Seattle Monaco is one of my favorites too! We also have a couple of other Kimptons for you to try next time you are in Seattle! The Alexis down on 1st avenue is a gorgeous hotel with all the elegance of the golden age of hotels, the Vintage up on 5th is a wonderful true boutique with the best dang Italian on the West Coast, one meal in Tulio and you will never look at Italy the same way and then there us us!
Come back soon.
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

This is a gem of a hotel. We've stayed here a couple of times and have always had a great experience.
At check in, the front desk agents were very friendly and informative.
The rooms are very clean and decorated in a very chic way.
The wine/ beer hour is a very nice way to meet other guests. One night they had a fabulous musician performing solo on his guitar.
Lastly, we used the hotels bikes to ride around bainbridge island and had a blast.

• Stayed October 2013
you made it to Bainbridge Island on our bikes? Wow, that would be worthy of a glass of wine or two at our wine hour, that guitar guy is name Nate June and at some point people are going to pay a lot of money to see him, he is brilliant, or you could just get a room at the Monaco, have a glass of wine and sit in our stunning living room and listen to him for free. What a seriously terrific idea! Thanks for the nice note, glad you had such a good time with us!