“Terrible customer service”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #7 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The keys to my room were not working. Went to front desk for re coding. But they were still not working. Called front desk from my daughters room. The young man told me I had dead bolted the room and thus the door was not opening. I tried to explain that if I had dead bolted I could not get out of my room, and I had met the cleaning lady before leaving. The front desk kept on repeating the accusation and made no effort to understand what was going on. I travel and a travel a lot, but they sure need front desk people who are bit more mature, less argumentative, would make an effort in what their customers are trying to say. It's not fun when you have bags and are staying outside your room for thirty minutes and going up and down an elevator.

Stayed: January 2014
11  Thank davycVancouver
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

Thanks for the update Davy, we appreciate the note and hope you finally managed to straighten out the key issue. Not sure what the challenges were but will get back to the desk and find out. Agree totally that the up and down of the elevator race when those keys aren't working isn't fun. Hope the rest of the journey was less of a challenge and you might come back soon.
Tom.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,440)

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I reserved my room online- the website was very easy to navigate. Ethan, at the front desk, was wonderful! He checked us in quickly, was personable, and took care of our needs promptly. The room was stylish, comfy, and quiet. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Three of us were sharing a room, and purchased a room with 2 Queen beds. This was perfect for us.
1  Thank Angela A
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We became hooted on Kimptons after a stay at the Portland, OR Hotel Monaco...and have never looked back. I absolutely hate staying anywhere else. The staff are ALWAYS helpful and full of positive energy...they must be doing something right for their employees to seem so genuinely willed with hospitality! The design, decor and vibe of the hotel makes me yearn to visit Seattle. The location is perfect, the room service is prompt and delicious and the gym is handy...even if it is on the small size BUT at least there is one. And our very well mannered pets can come to stay with us...a huge bonus!

I am a member of the In Touch member reward program...and feel like a special guest with notes in the room, access to specials and a warm welcome when I walk through the door...not to mention free nights from time to time. It is easy to book directly with them and i have always found it to be the most competitive rates. I could go on and on...but the point is I could rave about Kimptons and especially the Seattle Hotel Monaco for days!

Room Tip: I was told that you can look over an online map of the rooms.
1  Thank PoppyAK
Reviewed 21 January 2014

So happy my sweetie and I selected the Hotel Monaco as our home base for the Seahawks Championship game this weekend. Every moment in the hotel was a pleasure, from checking in, to the excellent wine hour where we met very cool and interesting fellow travelers, to the super comfy, stylish and quiet rooms. The food at Sazarac ... and through room service ... was also consistently delicious, and surprisingly affordable ... breakfast prices, were no different than our favorite restaurants in Missoula, Montana. Every time we passed staff, we were greater with genuine smiles and hellos, and felt that anything we might desire was as simple as asking. It may be also helpful to note that while there were several celebrities staying the same time we were, the hotel staff made us feel that we were equally important to them. If you're looking for a stylish place, with excellent service and super comfy beds, you can't go wrong here! Not only will I be back, I'll move Klimton Hotels to the top of my list when visiting other cities, too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gayanna
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We recently hosted a dinner event at Hotel Monaco to celebrate and honor one of our firm leaders. The event was perfect! The staff at Hotel Monaco, beginning at our very first meeting, treated us with exceptional service. They accommodated last minute changes to the menu, set up and offered great solutions every step of the way. I will definitely return for future events!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thanks Anita, what a pleasure to read somethig like this! The hotel has a great amount of meeting space, lots of break out rooms and wonderful little spots for inpromptue meetings. With two other Kimpton hotels just around the corner, there are loads of options for your attendees to either stay or visit. The Vintage with its stunning renovation and the Alexis always a class to itself, as a meeting planner you will hit a home run!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Some of my co-corkers and I have been wanting to check this hotel out for a number of years but it had never worked into my schedule. I finally had the pleasure of staying here with my husband for a Seahawks game just last weekend. EVERYTHING about our experience here was exceptional. From the valet to check out the staff were always prompt, efficient, and so friendly. In particularly, Andy at the front desk was a Rock Star. Our room was lovely and most importantly the bed felt luxurious. Our meal at the restaurant was wonderful and I enjoyed the morning Bloody Mary/Mimosa bar, what a treat! Our rare weekend getaway was make extra special by the staff at this hotel and I look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thanks so much MaryAnn, we are thrilled you had the chance to make it over to the Monaco after thinking about if for all those years! We are a small oasis in the middle of the city and have 3 other Kimptons for you to try soon! Any meal in Sazerac is a great time and I am with you that the bloody Mary bar is a special treat. Come back soon, we have so much more to show you.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I don't write many reviews, but of the 5 or 6 I have submitted I believe half are of Kimpton properties. The one thing about Kimpton hotels is that they come with no surprises. The rooms are always beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and comfortable. The interior design of the public spaces is always a little bit trendy, yet refined and incredibly inviting. The complimentary wine hour is always a nice way to start the evening, and meet some really nice people in a relaxing living room setting. And the complimentary morning coffee in the lobby is a nice perk as well. Last, but certainly not least, the hotels NEVER have that "hotel smell"!

The Monaco Seattle definitely does not disappoint. In addition to living up to the amazing, dependable Kimpton reputation, this hotel also has a super friendly and helpful staff. Hotel is perfectly located, 1 block from LINK light rail, and a few blocks from the main shopping street and Pikes Place Market. The food at the attached Sezarac Restaurant is quite good and reasonably priced as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Of course now I am pondering what the 'hotel smell' is that you refer to, but glad I dont know. Great to read of all the positive notations you find at a Kimpton hotel. We try very hard not to be the big box beige hotels and you really are alot more than just a room number here at a Kimpton hotel! Yes Sazerac is a great addition to the hotel, but up the street at the Vintage hotel try out Tulio, the best Italian on the West Coast!