“They made my special event spectacular!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #13 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Edgewood, Washington
“They made my special event spectacular!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I plan tons of events at various venues and with various caterers and my experience with Hotel Monaco on Feb. 6, 2014 was one of the best. The staff was beyond competent and professional during the entire event. They arranged/hired A/V specialist to help set-up our presentations and the price was pretty affordable. I received many comments and emails in the days after the event raving about the dinner that was served. Our event had over 120 PR professionals in attendance to receive awards. This venue was very elegant and fit right with our look and feel. Thanks for the great service!

1 Thank kslate2014
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
What a great thing to read! this is one of our special touches, we have some great meetng space in the hotel and loads of people have discovered that those rooms are not only beautiful but oh so quiet and staffed by a wonderful group of folks. The meeting room food is fantastic, I should know as my office is next door to the kitchen and yep, part of my job is official food taster!
tom.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have stayed in Monaco in DC and Portland several times. I'm happy to have been able to now add Seattle to the list. I only got to stay for one short night, but as always the staff and rooms were amazing. I got stuck on a train for 2 hours longer than I was supposed to and the staff was kind enough to provide me with 2 wine vouchers because I missed the happy hour in the lobby. I plan on having to travel to Seattle a lot over the coming months and will make this my home away from home.

Room Tip: I've stayed in many and they are all great!
1 Thank Melody B
Well Melody, never hesitate to connect with the hotel if you are coming this way on a regular basis, we have our own in house staff to help you with any special arrangements, or needs. the train is a great way to connect Seattle and Portland, 3 hours, wifi and a bar car - what a way to travel!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

The staff at this hotel was attentive and was eager to make my stay a positive experience. My room was well appointed and welcoming. The drink hour with live music on Saturday night was a treat. A home away from home.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thanks Nina!
Travel for the most part is kind of a drag unless you are doing it for fun or heading to Waikiki, so my goal here is to try and make it a little less horrific. The wine hour, fun people and a goldfish, what else could you want! Next time add in a dinner in Sazerac, the catfish will make any journey a treat!
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed here on a long weekend with my boyfriend. It was our first trip together as a couple and so we wanted to stay somewhere unique and special. I love boutique hotels and have had great experiences at other Kimpton properties so I felt confident it would be a great stay for us.

Room was beautiful and extremely clean. Biggest surprise for us: being on east coast time, we were both awake by 5. Went down to the lobby in hopes that they could point us to a coffee shop open at that hour and found that morning complimentary coffee was already set up for guests, even on Saturday and Sunday morning when most other guests were sleeping in.

One thing I wasn't crazy about-- instead of personal travel size shampoo/conditioner/body wash, they had dispensers in the shower like you might see at a fitness center locker room. This feels less sanitary to me. While it may save money, I'd recommend the hotel do away with this. If it's a rule in Seattle (due to the city's green initiatives?), it would be nice to have a placard up that explains the shared toiletries are a "save the earth" thing.

Room Tip: We had a room looking at the wall of another building-- maybe request a view?
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hello Philly, thanks for the nice note, appreciate that you appreciated the early morning coffee ready to go, its actually just out to keep the night staff awake but if it worked for you, so much the better! Those wall dispensers are my idea and while they may take away from the joy of loading up on little bottles of shampoo for your house, we have save over 100,000 little plastic bottles from going into the landfills each year! thats alot of plastic, so here I am saving the whales. We also have a note in the rooms saying if you would like personal sized bottles, they are available as well. Being in the middle of the city, views are a tad challenging, but hey ask and we will do what we can for you, however the crashing surf isnt going to be seen from the Monaco, console yourself with a cocktail and some fritters in Sazerac or wander up the street to Tulio at our Vintage hotel and you will fall in love with old world Italy. Good to go.
Oahu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I love ALL Kimpton properties. We stayed here during the Valentine's Day and everything was AMAZING!! I requested a corner room, that was granted, extra pillows, that was granted. Everything went fine until the fire alarm went off at 2 am. Of course we had to evacuate and we were outside standing in the cold for 10 minutes and it was just a horrible night after that. I had to be at work by 9am and the entire night, I just couldn't sleep after having to evacuating the building. The young lady who worked the night shift, was calm, and caring making sure her guest was doing good. You owned it!!! Way to go!!
During our check out, the young man, I believe whose from Chicago, just didn't seem to care nor did not ask how was our evening. He probably had a bad morning to start off with.
Any who, Hotel Monaco is in the heart of downtown Seattle close to everything. I highly recommend Hotel Monaco! One more thing, I rate the pool & spa terrible because I haven't tried any of their amenities yet ... so don't quick to judge :)

Room Tip: Call in advance for any room request if your looking to get a nice room. In this industry, I've...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jae206
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Hey Jae, appreciate the notes and certainly appreciate your understanding when the alarm went off in the middle of the night, we had a tiny smoke issue in the kitchen and as horrible as getting out of bed at 2 am is, the whole system worked the way it should. Claire our Night Mgr, did all she could to make the guests happy and as always - your safety is number one.
hmmm.... we dont actually have a pool or spa, but if we did I know it would be awesome! thanks for the notes, come back soon.
Aloha Tom.
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I travel to Seattle quite often for business and this hotel is the one hotel I will always go to. Compared to the other hotels I've stayed at in Seattle, Hotel Monaco by far exceeds in customer service. The level of professionalism at Hotel Monaco never wanes. Staff is always respectful, polite, and caring to ALL hotel guests.

A special shout out to Peter who works at Hotel Monaco's reception desk - Great job and thanks for your respectful manner! It's because of employees like you that I'd choose to return to this hotel! ;)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks Wisconsin, appreciate your thoughts on the hotel and staff, Peter is a rock star! he has just received a little promotion just because of all the stuff he accomplishes around here. The hotel staff here are chosen for their ability to make guests feel special by finding out what you need and making it happen. Come back soon, check out the latest and greatest in Sazerac, there is a blackened salmon sandwich which will change your life! Tom .
Mokena, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Love this Kimpton! Location is perfect...walking distance to restaurants, shopping, pikes market, monorail to space needle, lite rail from airport university street station stop is a short two block walk...restaurant is outstanding! Everyone makes you feel welcome! Rooms are immaculate and beds are super comfortable. Wine reception is always good! Our flight was cancelled and we had no problem booking our same room for two more nights. Everyone was very accommodating! You won't be disappointed!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks Deb, what a treat to be able to stay in a great hotel when your flight is canceled vs. sleeping in the airport! The location of this hotel really is one of the great aspects of our success, across the street from the library, which while just a library is also listed as one of the top 10 most important buildings in the country, you can also walk up the street to the hotel Vintage and experience the best Italian restaurant around - Tulio will make you come back to the city for the roast chicken everytime! Look forward to seeing you at wine hour!