“Beautiful hotel, prime location, wonderful staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #12 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Detroit, Michigan
“Beautiful hotel, prime location, wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed at Hotel Monaco for 4 nights in early December while in Seattle celebrating our honeymoon/Pearl Jam tour. We completely lucked out with the location! It was perfectly close to everything that we needed (with the exception of a laundromat). The room was welcoming and clean and the staff was more than helpful and accomodating. I booked through a thrid party site and got a great deal but was hopeful to upgrade to a room with a soaking tub but had no luck with that as the hotel was fully booked. But, the staff made every effort to make that happen. We even got a goldfish roommate and champagne upon check-in.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Hey Congratulations! what a great place to spend a honeymoon! tying it together with Pearl Jam, sounds like a good time. hope you managed to make it into Sazerac for dinner, or wandered up the street to Tulio, the roast chicken will change your life! We do have a few rooms with soaking tubs, very cool as they are about 4 feet deep you could practise your diving skills. Thanks for the nice note, and why not come back to one of our other great Kimpton hotels in the Pacific Northwest for your 1st anniversary?
Tom.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

No complaints! Room was smaller than normal, but still had everything you needed in it. Clean and comfy beds. Friendly staff. Will be coming back. Got a great deal, so it was well worth the money. Will be looking to stay there again. Parking is expensive, but all hotels in downtown Seattle charge an arm and a leg!!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
This hotel like many Kimpton hotels is a re use building, once an telephone switching station, we saved the building and made a cool hotel, why am I tellin g you this? because some rooms are large, and some rooms are smaller, we do our best to get you where you want to be and then of course the rooms are darn good looking! Yes, secured parking downtown Seattle tends to be expensive, but so is downtown Vancouver! just the cost for securing your car. Come back down soon, we love our neighbors to the north!
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed a week in the hotel Monaco in Seattle and had a great time! Everyone was super friendly and made my stay from home welcoming. The 5pm wine nights were pretty great too :) I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Seattle.

1 Thank JazMainer
Hey Maine, glad you made a long journey for a special place to stay! thanks for the nice note, we hope you escape that winter weather soon!
Edgewood, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I plan tons of events at various venues and with various caterers and my experience with Hotel Monaco on Feb. 6, 2014 was one of the best. The staff was beyond competent and professional during the entire event. They arranged/hired A/V specialist to help set-up our presentations and the price was pretty affordable. I received many comments and emails in the days after the event raving about the dinner that was served. Our event had over 120 PR professionals in attendance to receive awards. This venue was very elegant and fit right with our look and feel. Thanks for the great service!

1 Thank kslate2014
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
What a great thing to read! this is one of our special touches, we have some great meetng space in the hotel and loads of people have discovered that those rooms are not only beautiful but oh so quiet and staffed by a wonderful group of folks. The meeting room food is fantastic, I should know as my office is next door to the kitchen and yep, part of my job is official food taster!
tom.
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have stayed in Monaco in DC and Portland several times. I'm happy to have been able to now add Seattle to the list. I only got to stay for one short night, but as always the staff and rooms were amazing. I got stuck on a train for 2 hours longer than I was supposed to and the staff was kind enough to provide me with 2 wine vouchers because I missed the happy hour in the lobby. I plan on having to travel to Seattle a lot over the coming months and will make this my home away from home.

Room Tip: I've stayed in many and they are all great!
1 Thank Melody B
Well Melody, never hesitate to connect with the hotel if you are coming this way on a regular basis, we have our own in house staff to help you with any special arrangements, or needs. the train is a great way to connect Seattle and Portland, 3 hours, wifi and a bar car - what a way to travel!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

The staff at this hotel was attentive and was eager to make my stay a positive experience. My room was well appointed and welcoming. The drink hour with live music on Saturday night was a treat. A home away from home.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thanks Nina!
Travel for the most part is kind of a drag unless you are doing it for fun or heading to Waikiki, so my goal here is to try and make it a little less horrific. The wine hour, fun people and a goldfish, what else could you want! Next time add in a dinner in Sazerac, the catfish will make any journey a treat!
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed here on a long weekend with my boyfriend. It was our first trip together as a couple and so we wanted to stay somewhere unique and special. I love boutique hotels and have had great experiences at other Kimpton properties so I felt confident it would be a great stay for us.

Room was beautiful and extremely clean. Biggest surprise for us: being on east coast time, we were both awake by 5. Went down to the lobby in hopes that they could point us to a coffee shop open at that hour and found that morning complimentary coffee was already set up for guests, even on Saturday and Sunday morning when most other guests were sleeping in.

One thing I wasn't crazy about-- instead of personal travel size shampoo/conditioner/body wash, they had dispensers in the shower like you might see at a fitness center locker room. This feels less sanitary to me. While it may save money, I'd recommend the hotel do away with this. If it's a rule in Seattle (due to the city's green initiatives?), it would be nice to have a placard up that explains the shared toiletries are a "save the earth" thing.

Room Tip: We had a room looking at the wall of another building-- maybe request a view?
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hello Philly, thanks for the nice note, appreciate that you appreciated the early morning coffee ready to go, its actually just out to keep the night staff awake but if it worked for you, so much the better! Those wall dispensers are my idea and while they may take away from the joy of loading up on little bottles of shampoo for your house, we have save over 100,000 little plastic bottles from going into the landfills each year! thats alot of plastic, so here I am saving the whales. We also have a note in the rooms saying if you would like personal sized bottles, they are available as well. Being in the middle of the city, views are a tad challenging, but hey ask and we will do what we can for you, however the crashing surf isnt going to be seen from the Monaco, console yourself with a cocktail and some fritters in Sazerac or wander up the street to Tulio at our Vintage hotel and you will fall in love with old world Italy. Good to go.