“Very enjoyable stay”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #7 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here for my birthday. I am an InTouch member and had a wonderful experience. I have found all of the Kimpton hotels that I've stayed in to be exceptional. The staff was very friendly, polite and attentive. I appreciated all of their attentiveness to our requests.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Because I was unable to stay at the Alexis, I decided to try out the Monaco just up the street. The property is nice, with it's own personality. It's nice that although it shares a name with other Monacos, it's not a cookie cutter copy at all. The service was great, Melissa at the valet was awesome, why does she stand out? she came in on her day off to have my car detailed which I have not had time to do. How amazing is that? :D All in all, it's a great hotel with a fantastic restaurant. Unfortunately, my heart belongs to the Alexis. But the Monaco is a great backup and definitely one of the better hotels in Seattle.

Definitely make sure you register as a Kimpton In Touch member, because the will surprise you with a free upgrade to a better room without even asking. Thanks Monaco!

Room Tip: registering as a kimpton in touch member is a must.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ki C
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

On check in I was upgraded to a larger king room without asking. Good first impression! The room was comfortable and clean, with a Keurig one cup coffee Maker, Minibar with room for personal items. Bathroom Basic Amenities provided - I could have used a shower cap. (I am sure they would have brought be one.) windows do not open which is negative to me. The heating & a/c is quiet and accurate - a big plus.
Beware this is pet friendly hotel. Even though I was on a no pet floor I woke 2 mornings and during the night to a yelping dog in a nearby room.
The complimentary wine 5-6 is a nice touch.
If you decline housekeeping on any day you are provided a $5.00 gift certificate to restaurant.
Small Gym in basement.
The restaurant on site very trendy
and expensive. No Healthy items staff seems to understand that limitation of the menu and will try to find you something to eat. Nightly soup selection excellent!
(FYI Seattle is having a love affair with pork you need to ask because they put it in everything ugh .)
I would stay at the Monaco Seattle again!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed one night (Sat) for a anniversary get-away. Service was excellent, from valet parking to the front desk. We arrived early and they stored our bags and called when the room was ready. We stayed in a king suite which was spacious and well appointed and the bed comfortable. Lower level fitness area and business center are a cut above. The evening wine free happy hour was a nice touch. The property is walking distance from much of Seattle's downtown attractions and shopping. The price is certainly what you would expect from a high-end downtown metro hotel, but not over the top. The restaurant is also excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This was our first time at this hotel but we'll definitely be back! From the moment we wheeled our luggage to the door, we were greeted with hotel staff that was friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful...great! (Shout out to Peter!). We loved the daily free happy hour, sitting around the fireplace in the lobby, meeting other guests and listening to them rave about the hotel, sipping our hot drinks, and feeling appreciated by the hotel staff. Several nights there was even entertainment during the happy hour. Our room was spacious and clean. It contained a small refrigerator, coffee maker, and room bar/food (expensive, of course!). This was the most pleasant hotel stay my husband and I can ever remember. (Do join the free Kimpton rewards program for some extras and check their Facebook page for their special phrase.)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Judy L
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Monaco for a business trip. The staff is great and the hotel seems to do a great job understanding guest's needs. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Seattle area.

Room Tip: The suites are great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Oscar Wilde wrote that consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative, well that doesnt work for hotels when you are on the road. You shouldn t have any surprises unless they are something cool which we love doing here at the Seattle Monaco, I just sent a goldfish up to a guest with the name Russel Wilson after i heard he was a huge Hawks fan. Good to go, come back soon.
Tom.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed at Hotel Monaco for 4 nights in early December while in Seattle celebrating our honeymoon/Pearl Jam tour. We completely lucked out with the location! It was perfectly close to everything that we needed (with the exception of a laundromat). The room was welcoming and clean and the staff was more than helpful and accomodating. I booked through a thrid party site and got a great deal but was hopeful to upgrade to a room with a soaking tub but had no luck with that as the hotel was fully booked. But, the staff made every effort to make that happen. We even got a goldfish roommate and champagne upon check-in.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Hey Congratulations! what a great place to spend a honeymoon! tying it together with Pearl Jam, sounds like a good time. hope you managed to make it into Sazerac for dinner, or wandered up the street to Tulio, the roast chicken will change your life! We do have a few rooms with soaking tubs, very cool as they are about 4 feet deep you could practise your diving skills. Thanks for the nice note, and why not come back to one of our other great Kimpton hotels in the Pacific Northwest for your 1st anniversary?
Tom.