“Great Stay!”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #7 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Central location was great to get around the city by foot. The staff was very nice and the bed was comfy. Enjoyed the free wine tasting. The room decor was fun and room was spacious. Really enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: 10th floor and above have private elevator and were very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,440)

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I should start by saying I already love Kimpton properties. Our stay at the Seattle Monaco only served to reinforce that view. After a drive up from Portland, the front desk staff put me immediately at ease, and we were in the room within minutes. The Monte Carlo suite is both spacious and nicely decorated; I have to disagree with a previous comment about lack of storage space. Unless you plan on wearing 5 outfits a day, there is more than enough room to put your things. Same for the bathroom, I can't understand the criticisms.

The valet service was both quick and efficient throughout our stay, and there was never an unreasonable wait for anything, be it our car, bags, or a taxi. A special thanks to Pepper for helping out.

The lobby area can be very high-energy during the evening wine reception, so if you want to still enjoy your wine but in a quieter place, head down the stairs to the lower level. It's a great space and very nicely appointed.

Kimpton's hallmark is 're-purposing' older buildings and I love the feeling of modern quirkiness in an historic setting. But the real selling point has to be the staff. I always get the feeling that I'm checking into an independent hotel with a small, loyal clientele. It's amazing how well and quickly the staff gets to know you and respond, making you feel all-the-more welcome. I have to agree about the 'invisibility' of the housekeeping staff, and yet everything is kept clean and in order!

Special thanks to Garrett, who was such a great help to us at check-in and throughout our stay, also to Brynn and Jesse who made checking out so easy.

I can't recommend the Monaco-Seattle highly enough and look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stay at Kimpton properties frequently and this is a great one. The staff here is particularly friendly and the rooms are spacious and clean. Excellent location right in the heart of downtown. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Everyone pleasant, never saw the cleaning staff. I left my glasses which were turned in to Lost and Found. First stay here. I was not disappointed. If you like different food, the onsite restaurant had very good food and service.

1  Thank Sharon F
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Very friendly staff. Really central location. The beds were very comfortable. The décor is fun and having a goldfish in the room is a neat bonus. They have a nice wine hour in the lobby. I enjoyed the Happy Hour and dinner in the restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel. Great staff, great service, very spacious room, great breakfast and on top of it, in downtown Seatlle. I wished I could have stayed longer. The bed was extremely comfortable and the hotel very quiet even though it was downtown.

Room Tip: the 10th floor is apparently the best one. I was on the 4th floor and I had a great room.
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I booked this reservation for my bff's birthday. I made a mistake when I made the reservation and the front desk staff bent over backwards to fix my goof up and get us the room nights we wanted. My friend loved the decor from the lobby right up to the room. We had two comfy queen sized beds with plenty of pillows. My WiFi was free because I'm an "In Touch" member and they comped the WiFi for my friend as well. We sat at the bar in Sazarac, the fantastic in house restaurant and got several of the happy hour food specials. There was more than enough of each to share and I was stuffed. We even had a take home box when we left. Check in and check out was quick and painless. I've never had a bad experience at a Kimpton hotel in the five years I've been staying there. I hope to return many times in future.

• Stayed: March 2014