“Such fun!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Such fun!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to visit Seattle to celebrate our anniversary and her birthday simply because, having traveled fairly extensively, we'd never seen the city. We couldn't have picked a better hotel for our introduction.

While this was my first Kimpton experience, I'm told they often go out of their way to personalize the experience of their guests. They did that fabulously with our stay. Anniversary champagne, birthday wine, bread pudding (my fav) and chocolate covered strawberries (my wife's fav), along with rose petals and two balloon arrangements, greeted us when we entered the amazing Ambassador Suite.

Our room was great - nothing less than you'd expect from a first rate hotel. Great linens, comfortable bed, superb soaking tub, etc.

Everyone, from Shanie at check in to Dan the man Chef Concierge, went out of their way to see we had a great time.

The only, relatively minor, complaint I have is room service seemed understaffed. On two mornings in a row, I was automatically transferred to the front desk because no one picked up in room service. Someone called me back relatively quickly. Still, when paying for my every whim to be immediately fulfilled, I expect instant gratification (and immediate room service response).

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
yikes, you came to Seattle from Arkansas for your anniversary? Makes me feel bad that I took my wife to Applebees. We were delighted to go all the way crazy for you with your big event. Thanks for the note on Shanie and Dan, both rock stars here and really makes them smile for the shout out. We were slammed both days with room service orders and are coming up with a new program, but working on this and so much more for your next anniversary!
Tom.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my Mom and Aunt. We were upgraded to a great suite. Coffee maker and fridge in suite. Well appointed. Not crowded even with three people. Lots of storage. Nice patterned robes. It might be a problem travelling with children as the mini bar stuff is just out.... Could be costly! The wine time in the lobby is great. Lots of choices. Location is great very close to everything. Seems safe enough walking at all times.

Stayed April 2014
Hey Tara, thanks for this, glad you had a great time, hopefully you managed to get into Sazerac for a dinner, perfect place for you group of party gals! come back soon!
Tom
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for our trip visit to Seattle. It was in a perfect location & we found the reception staff to be incredibly helpful! We only had one day in Seattle so they front desk staff gave us a huge list of things to see & even a potential itinerary to follow. The rooms were really lovely too, with comfy beds & a great decor. I will be staying at Hotel Monaco again when I return to Seattle.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Only one day in Seattle, but all the ads we have say 'two days in Seattle' you actually need two days as chances are that one of the two it will rain! Those front desk folks or the Concierge can make any sort of plans for you, Dan was telling me of setting up a tour of the Woodinville wineries the other day, there are 70 wineries out there and we can make just about anything happen! Seattle really is a great walking city, lots to see and do with the ease of walking about, try walking up the street to Tulio, at our Vintage hotel, you will never feel the same way again about Italian food!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

The room was nice, quiet and clean. As a woman who wears eye makeup, I really appreciated having a lighted magnifying mirror in the bathroom! The staff was polite to a fault, the restaurant selections were good and my dinner was excellent. The decor was nicely done. My only regret was it was just an overnight in the middle of two long and busy work days, so I couldn't enjoy the amenities of a bike rental or even the wine bar. But I will stay here for sure on my next leisure trip to Seattle.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Those lighted mirrors are a shocking thing to wake up to, but great for eye make up I would guess, never been one for eye liner. Yes! we have some very cool bikes which you can borrow and explore the city with anytime! it will be 70 degrees on Sunday and you know that they will be out and about! come back soon and we will set you up with a great bike ride, nothing like a ride along the waterfront to see the first Starbucks and watch the ocean liners come in, that is about as Seattle as it gets!
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed at the Monaco for two nights and was so impressed. The property is beautiful and is centrally located so you can walk to most major sights. We walked to Pike Place, the aquarium and the monorail station to go to Seattle Center. The rooms are perfect and they even offer a goldfish to keep you company if desired. The staff was super knowledgeable about the area and so friendly. Shanie at the front desk was a superstar and made us feel so welcome. Would definitely stay here the next time we're in town.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Only Perfect? what we are losing our grip! thanks for the nice note, it is a great hotel location for exploring all aspects of the Emerald city, we are delighted you spent some time with Shanie, she is a rock star and loves connecting with guests, come back soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived around 11am and were greeted by a lovely staff. Unfortunately our room was not ready yet so we went for a long wander, luckily the weather was nice. At around 3 pm we went back & the room was still not ready but they managed to accommodate us in another of the same size room. The rooms are cool. Good size with funky boutique style decor. As much as we liked the style the only two things we didn't care for were the couch (not very comfy & a bit dingy) and that there was not one switch for a ceiling light. It was all floor & desk lamps which was a bit annoying late night when we came in.
It was our anniversary & the hotel really made the effort with a bottle of bubbly and some balloons, which was very sweet.
We had a goldfish! Seems like a silly thing to offer I suppose but it was nice to come home to dear old Madeline after a long day of traipsing about the city.
The staff was more than friendly & helpful. The rooms were quiet and the bed was extremely comfy.
This was our first time staying with a Kimpton Hotel but we will absolutely stay with them in the future.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Madeline sends her very best and looks forward to your return. We are thrilled that you could join us for your special day! We will check guests in anytime your room is ready, there honestly isnt any secret plan to make guests wait for their room and we really really try hard to get everyone in the moment they arrive, if only everyone would leave us at 8 am in the morning we would be good to go!
the hotel was recently renovated but we are always updating and changing the layout and furniture, so come back soon and you might notice some changes!
Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I've stayed here a couple of times now and the last one was great. My room was comfy and even came with a pet goldfish to keep me company for the night. I'm happy to say he was still alive and well when I left. :o) The staff and concierge were helpful and friendly. The wine hour was pretty nice as well. Thanks Monaco!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Hey Doctor! thanks so much, good to know that if there had been a problem with your fish friend you would have known what to do! We are always delighted to welcome guests to that special wine hour every night, gives me a chance to meet with you and connect and find out what you like about the Monaco or any Kimpton, never hesitate to share your thoughts! Hope you wandered into Sazerac after a glass of wine and had the best roast chicken in the city! Tom.