“The people are what make a Kimpton hotel”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #7 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Immediately upon walking in the people at the front desk were friendly and accommodating. Their tone of voice suggests that they were looking forward to YOUR arrival.

Of course, like all Hotel Monacos, there is a funky flair to the lobby and rooms. The little features, like zebra or leopard bath robes have made it a distinctive Kimpton mark. This Kimpton unfortunately does not have a hot tub or sauna, which I could really have appreciated, but I also understand the need to maximize space in down town Seattle.

The free wine hour is always a fun way to get a free drink and meet new people from all over. But there is also the bonus of some fun easy entertainment, a magician one night, a guitarist another.

This particular Hotel Monaco also had town bikes to take out. I did not take advantage of this since the location of this hotel is so perfect for everything in downtown Seattle..... well maybe I could have taken them to the Space Needle or Chihuly Museum, but that was a good walk too.

Overall: I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,442)

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Monaco with 2 girlfriends while attending a continuing education seminar in Seattle. One of my friends has stayed there often and had told us to expect fabulous service. She was right. When the front desk checked us in they were very friendly and welcoming. When they were going over all the perks they offered when we checked in my girlfriend said she had heard they would be introducing us to Russell Wilson. We stayed 2/28-3/2/2014. They laughed and said they did not know if that was possible but they would see what they could do. We dropped our bags in the room and then went shopping at Pike Place Market. When we returned to our rooms to prepare for wine hour we discovered a surprise in my friends room. My friend who had wanted to meet Russell Wilson had a goldfish in a bowl with a sign that said "Hi, I am Russell Wilson". We were all impressed that the front desk had such a great sense of humor and did what they could to satisfy my friends ridiculous request.

The concierge reserved a table for us at Salty's across the bay and had them come get us in a limosine so we did not have to get a cab. The limo driver waited for us to finish dinner and then returned us to the Hotel Monaco. It was an incredible night. We had terrific service both at Salty's and the Kimpton. I will definitely repeat this weekend. It was truly memorable.

Wine hour was also terrific. Beds comfortable, location fabulous. Close to great restaurants and some fun bars. I will definitely stay there anytime I am in Seattle.

Room Tip: We both had great rooms. I did not request anything in particular but we both had decent views and...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have stayed in Seattle many times over the years and enjoy being in a downtown location. The Hotel Monaco far surpasses any experience we have have. The staff are rise above in this hospitality industry. They are exceptionally pleasant, professional and accommodating. The rooms are beautifully decorated, pristine and spacious This hotel is a true oasis in the city. Be sure to take in the 'happy hour'. Can't imagine staying anywhere else! KT, Kelowna, B.C. Canada

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen T
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thanks Karen, we so greatly appreciate our guests from Canada, who brave the border for a great weekend at the Monaco, we had the first happy hour in the city and arguably the best in Sazerac. Always a good time!
Tom.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We only stayed one night, but it was enough to know that we would go back. We checked in late after our arrival from Victoria on the Clipper, which I highly recommend. We went to the restaurant after checking in and even though it was after dinner service we were able to have drinks and great flatbread pizza from the late menu. Our room was very comfortable and if we didn't have to catch a plane I would have stayed in the bed until just before checkout. We had breakfast at the restaurant and it was as good as we had read. We checked out and walked a few blocks to get our rental car. My only disappointment was not asking to see the 'GMatthehotel' to tell him I specifically chose this hotel because I love his Tripadvisor responses to bad reviews from people who have apparently never had anything in their lives go awry. Apparently they didn't have a goldfish in their room to relax them........or liquor.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tater6
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I spend some 75+ nights a years in various hotels, and have never felt the desire to write a positive review. This is the exception to that rule.. The vast majority of the hotels i stay at fall within the price point of the Hotel Monaco in Seattle. Yet over the 15 years I've been doing this I've rarely been lucky enough to stay with a team as good as the one here. From the moment I entered I was amazed at how well the team worked together. From the cleaning staff, the valets, front desk hosts, bell person, and the managers. I was able to ask any for assitance and it was either immediately handled, or I as assisted in finding the right person to assist me quickly.
The team was efficient and quick, yet always curteous. Any staff member near a door would open it for you as you approached. I realize this is a very small item, but it represents the level of service you can expect here. I also found it representative of the service that the valet could match my car to my face, after only the first night.
I can honestly say I plan on staying here for all my future Seattle trips.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

First off I want to say, I have stayed at all 60 Kimptons, and bar none they are the greatest boutique hotels in the United States. That being said, my experience wasn't all it could have been. maybe I expected a larger room, first off I was in what was called a premier room and being in Seattle and not NYC, I figured it would be a bit larger. the real problem was that the room was at the end of a hallway and beside the door to the ice machine. Thank God at 4am the last person used that door and I could finally get some sleep. To give credit to the staff, they were very apologetic and actually took parking off my bill. Would I stay there again, absolutely. At the end of the day, a mediocre Kimpton stay is better than a great stay at most other hotels.

Room Tip: Stay away from 904 at all costs
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I've stayed at this property several times, and it never disappoints. As a business traveler, this is one of the places that blurs the line whether it's a great business hotel because of its location. or a phenomenal romantic place. The decor and style is over the top romantic, but not so much that's it's gaudy or weird. Maybe super inviting and warm is a good description.
Anyway, the entire staff is simply wonderful, the amenities are very high end, and although the on site restaurant is just "good," that's only because it's in such high competition with better choices a few steps away.
Always a great pleasure, and I will continue to come back.