“Eating and drinking our way through Seattle”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #9 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Eating and drinking our way through Seattle”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I reached out to the hotel's concierge, Daniel, as I was planning a girls' weekend and we're a group of foodies. He spent a considerable amount of time on the phone with me understanding our interests and appetites, and ultimately every restaurant / bar recommendation that he made totally hit the spot. He also connected us with the car service that the hotel uses for a trip out to the Woodinvale wine region, which was spectacular (the wine and the car service).

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Loved this hotel..the location was perfectly downtown...that you could walk to shopping, restaurants, pike place, mass transit, safeco field. We chose this hotel because of our great experience at the Hotel Monaco downtown Portland. The staff were excellent..every single one of the including room service. They offer coffee in their lobby in the morning and wine in the evening. The suite was great....we had one that was separated by ceiling to floor curtains so 4 of us could stay.. bed was comfortable and there was even a pet fish in each room..,kids loved that. Thank you for a great stay...we would chose this hotel again on our next visit.

Room Tip: Pick one of the suites if you have a family staying.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We had a lovely time at the Hotel Monaco in Seattle.
Particular highlights included the free afternoon wine tasting daily, the free bikes (we recommend trying out the Burke-Gillman Trail - we took a bus out to the start of it) and the delightful staff - most specifically Shanie who was really helpful and couldn't do enough to assist.
The location is fantastic.
The only hangup was the poor shower pressure and bathroom toiletries came in dispensers rather than individual bottles.
Other than that a flawless experience.

Room Tip: Perhaps go low in order to get better shower pressure?
Green Features: Unclear whether there was anything environmentally friendly except the free bicycles.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Corvallis, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed with our 9 year old son and German short-haired pointer over spring break. We found everyone friendly, helpful and courteous. Food in the restaurant was excellent. They also have a "wine reception" every evening for two hours to enjoy a glass of wine - on them! I would definitely stay there again. Location very central with walking distance to most downtown highlights.

• Stayed March 2014
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was our first stay at a Kimpton hotel and we are happy to report that it certainly lived up to the hype! The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious and decorated with a fun, modern décor. I especially enjoyed that the room included a yoga mat with a few options for yoga programs to follow on tv; great way to start my morning. The free happy hour cannot be beat; loved that they have a variety of local selections! The location was perfect; we were easily able to walk to all of the primary attractions. Our only issue was some loud and inconsiderate neighbors; of course, no fault of the hotel. I mentioned the loud neighbors in our hotel survey and received a personal response from a regional director apologizing! Overall, we were very pleased with our Kimpton experience and look forward to staying at another location soon!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Austin TX USA
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I travel the world, literally. Top level in several hotel programs. I've stayed at Kimpton's before but have tried to funnel my stays in the main programs to treat my family to some resort time yearly. I was sort of forced to stay here and boy am I glad. Shanie at the front desk was memorable in her friendliness, helpfulness, and her pushing me to understand a few of the hotel amenities and local establishments. Best front desk person ever. All in all, good food at the restaurant, very helpful desk folks, an evening wine hour that was actually relaxing (as opposed to Embassy Suites cattle call) and everything worked like a charm. Thanks, Monaco!

Green Features: Great option to avoid all maid service and they give you $5 credit! Their ploy worked as I had a nice dinner in the hotel restaurant.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Hotel Monaco is a really cool little hotel. Aside from the nice interior design, the hotel staff were some of the nicest that I have encountered. Prior to my trip, they were quickly answering any questions that I had and made accomodations for my late arrival. When I finally arrived to the hotel around midnight, the man at the front desk was so nice and very pleasant for how late it was. He quickly got us checked in and up to our room. Once there, all of my Inner Circle member preferences were waiting on the TV stand, a little Pirate's Booty, a VERY tasty red velvet cupcake, and a couple of glasses of bourbon. It was awesome. A bottle of champagne was also sent up shortly after we arrived, which was a nice touch. We stayed for a few nights, and the staff was just as friendly and helpful for the remainder of the trip.

The location of the hotel was also very good for us as we did not have a rental car. We were able to easily walk to all of the places that we wanted to visit, including Seattle Center and Pike's Market. If I ever go back to Seattle, I will definitely be staying here!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends