“Great location and good value for money. ”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #8 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great location and good value for money. ”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I simply have fallen in love with this hotel.
I initially wanted to stay for 2 nights, however, extended my stay for another night.
The location of the hotel could not be better, it's just few minutes of walk from all major attractions. The receptionists Garret and Peter were very helpful and friendly. The check in was very fast and efficient.
The concierge of the hotel has arranged all my tours and he is The Expert. He had answers to all my inquiries.
The suite is very spacious, bigger than any average suite within this price range. The decor is appealing and very warm. It's home away from home.
I loved my bed. It's heavenly comfortable.
Breakfast was good. The hotel has to work a bit on room service. It took longer than I expected.
In general I loved my stay in this hotel and would highly recommend.
I would say that Hotel Monaco is the Best hotel in downtown Seattle.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Alex G
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thanks Alex, Garret and Peter are wonderful additions to the hotel and work on being terrific everyday, great stuff to read. Those Monte Carlo Suites are really a great value and seem to be a hit with many guests. We have 28 of them and they go fast so book early for your next visit which I hope will be soon!
Tom.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My family and I were looking for a last minute room to spend some time in downtown Seattle prior to our flight the following morning. I had stayed at a Hotel Monaco in Chicago before and liked the experience so I figured I'd give this location a try. I was pleased from the get go. When I called to make a reservation, they were able to give me a pre-pay deal that wasn't available on the usual travel websites. When we checked in, the staff was extremely professional and accommodating. I was traveling with 2 kids (one my 2-year-old son) and they had the suite all ready with crib and all without any reminders. In addition, I signed up for their loyalty and got to partake in free WiFi and their "wine time" in the downstairs lobby. The hotel itself was beautiful (as well as the suite). Price to value was better than expected. Overall, I'd highly recommend this hotel and will be staying here again the next time I'm traveling to Seattle.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank YNotHarder
Thanks Chicago, we sure appreciate those notes and great to read that you are finding the same wonderful Kimpton experience in Chicago as you do in Seattle! those Monte Carlo suites are great when you are traveling with kids, they really do give you both extra space and of course another TV! come back soon and take the kids to Sazerac, my kids cant make it through the chicken and fries, see if yours can!
Washington State
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We booked Priceline to try a new place. I was beyond ecstatic to see the Monaco hotel! We stayed in a Kimpton hotel through Priceline in San Fran and it was AMAZING. It is our go to hotel when we go back, booking through Kimpton and no longer Priceline. We thought that would be the case this time as well.
I called the hotel after I noticed it was a king bed booked. We needed two queens. I am always fine paying for an upgrade on beds. I dialed the option for reservations, she said no I had to speak to the front desk, then he transferred me to Jessica? She was super friendly and helpful said she would change the reservation to two queens and not charge me, but kept letting me know they usually do. I let her know we had a dog and kids, she added that to my reservations. I couldn't wait for our stay.
Check in day. Arrived at 3pm after driving 5 hours with 3 kids under 6 and a dog. Rooms aren't ready, and they don't have us in a pet room. Went to Whole foods, then went to the park. 4:30 and they haven't called, I call and ask them to rush as we have cold food from shopping getting warm. We need to get cleaned up for dinner. Get there at 5pm, they say a fish was in the room for the kids and the mini bar was emptied like I asked. Get up to our room and it's absolutely beautiful. Bed and dishes for the dogs, beautiful decor. Then we find the previous persons coconut water and trash left behind.Try to open the mini bar, but they didn't give us the key, kids are searching for the fish I have been telling them about, no fish. Someone eventually brings us keys to the mini bar, it's full, not emptied like they assured me at both of my check ins. Housekeeping came and got everything out. No coffee maker in the room, asked for one and was brought a crappy old one, not a Keurig like I read in reviews. Which I am figuring now that since we booked priceline, is the obvious reasons they just didn't care. It was annoying having to keep calling for items, and I could tell the front desk was annoyed. When I called for the min bar to be emptied the guys said "well what do you want us to do? remove it?" I asked if I could take it out and put it in the closet, I was feeling bad for calling and sensing his irritation, he said ok and hung up. Later someone came and got it out of our closet.
We didn't have our room cleaned and had read you get a $5 voucher for not getting it done. No voucher was given and at check out he said we couldn't apply it. Should have just had our room cleaned.
Happy hour in the lobby was amazing. Loved the seasonal drinks. The gentlemen handing out the drinks were super friendly. So were the parking attendants. The older gentlemen that brought us our fish and coffeemaker. Our room was so quiet. Never heard anything in the halls, never heard neighbors.
We checked out thought things were good to go, they were having a hard time locating the my car in valet. Then we realized it was because they charged our car to another family members room. Today I see my charges for parking and another random charge for $9.12. Call and they said it was for Oreos and Pringles. No we never ate anything, housekeeping took them! Did ask the guy on the phone to return it and he gave me my $5 credit I was owed.
I would definitely not pay full price to stay here, and I would definitely not priceline a room here either. I was suppose to be on vacation, check in, your good, go have fun. It was definitely not that. We will find somewhere else to stay when we go back up in two weeks.

Room Tip: Make sure to always use your room key for the elevators, no matter what floor your on.Took us a whil...
Green Features: I did like the refillable shampoo&conditioner bottles in the shower. Way less trash.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Serena98661
Thanks Serena, bottom line, the room you received was changed at the last minute and all those goodies that were set up for your room in advance didnt get moved. The room we had set up for you still wasnt ready when you came back to the hotel and the desk thought they were doing the best for you by getting you into a guest room, unaware that they had made all those special touches you asked for . Messed up big time and for that we hope you will give us another try.
Booking through Priceline is fine and you can score some good last minute deals, however you are not guaranteed any special room type or requests as Priceline is for those last rooms which havent sold. Booking through Kimptonhotels.com is always a better way to go!
Thanks for the nice notes, really we are on it, unfortunately a simple well intended error didnt allow us to show our best face.
Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed 29 May 2014

LOVE the snazzy vibe and decor of my room. The bed is comfy and the shower's hot!! I arrived after 11 pm, and was starving. Thank goodness room service was open. Had a delicious tomato soup and a scrumptious green salad. My business meeting ended early and now I'm on my way to play at the Seattle Art Museum, which is only a few blocks away. Makes it easy to walk around downtown by myself.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MBPillen
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Hey Hawaii, thanks for the great note, I stayed here a few weeks back with my son and we ordered a grilled cheese at midnite that was off the charts! All this comes out of Sazerac, which is the most comfy restaurant in the city, great food in a fun atmosphere. The location is our other hit as are the great staff, the cool rooms, the wonderful web site..... come back soon!
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Recently spent two weeks in the hotel. We were very pleased with the service, friendliness and professionalism of all the staff, particularly the valet attendants. The room was excellent, spacious and very clean. The wine tasting was an additional bonus, being able to sample the local wines in a relaxed atmosphere in the lobby. Its location is excellent for all the attractions that Seattle has to offer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Howdy Dave, after two weeks we normally put you on the payroll, hope you like the raise we gave you! so many guests enjoy that wine hour but it is really a manner in which the hotel uses to connect with guests just like you, hope we had a chance to meet, find out what we can do to make your stay a little better and share the great information on Kimpton! come back soon Dave, we loved having you here!
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We spent two separate weeks in thus hotel in May and had the most excellent friendly service. We were treated like family by the restaurant staff and the bell desk attendants. Our room was upgraded for the 2nd week to a suite which was large and vety comfortable. Sazerac restaurant us great for a meal, bar snack and breakfasts . Great location for the waterfront, shopping and toyrist attractions. Highly recommended. Only down side were the minute feathers, from the duvet and pillows I assume, which caused us to cough a lot.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Denise, another guest here for two weeks, wow you must really know the place inside and out! Thanks for the nice note especially about Sazerac, Chef Jason is so darn creative that I find myself raving about everything from deviled eggs to catfish everytime I am in there. If you really want a special treat - wander up the street to try Tulio at our beautiful Vintage Hotel. the roast chicken and gnocchi will change your day for the better!
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel looks great and it is full of nice surprises: the goldfish in my room was one of them. The staff is very professional and the room-service food is excellent. But all of these come with a cost: the parking is $36/ night. Also, I found the other costs to be a little more expensive than I was expecting.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sophie A
Thanks Sophie, This hotel is located in the center of the downtown core of an expensive city and thus you will find parking expensive, but the cost is for a secure, underground lot with great valets who will bring your car up and down as many times as you would like. Public parking is available up the street for about 10 bucks less, but you are exposed to the elements as well as everytime you move the car, another charge. Thanks for the nice notes on the staff and room service, we give it our all!