Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$242
  • Breakfast included
US$304
US$241
US$544
US$526
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$331
Official Hotel
  • Room Service
2,462 results
All reviewswine hourgold fishmonte carlo suitesazerac restaurantfront deskwine receptionhappy hourcomplimentary winepike place marketmini barfew blockshousekeeping staffwonderful hotelking roomvalet parkingheart of downtownupon check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

After extensive research, we stayed here for a night at the end of a trip to Washington. We were really looking forward to staying here to cap off our trip, so we saved it for last. We had made our reservation months in advance. We then started getting emails advertising rates lower than our reservation rate. We called and asked about this, and were told we could only get that rate as a prepaid rate. We went with that. Then we got another email offering an even lower rate. When we called about that, we were directed to several staff members who told us that we were locked in at the pre-paid rate, and we wouldn't be able to change that. (Mind you, They emailed rates to Us--we just called to find out what the deal was.) We finally talked to someone at the front desk who took care of it.
The hotel itself is nice and in a good location. We were able to walk and explore shops and restaurants easily. The room was very large and quiet, with a large comfey bed and pillows. The service wasn't what we have come to expect from a Kimpton property. No one opened the door for us a single time, not even when we were struggling to get our bags in the front door, and two hotel employees were standing on the sidewalk outside. We arrived a bit early and our room wasn't ready. They said they would hold our bags, then call us once the room was ready. They never called, as our cell number was taken down incorrectly (honest mistake.) The bags were dumped in a pile inside the door of our room. We didn't expect anyone to unpack for us, but how about putting bags on bag stands/dressers/etc? I realize this sounds snobby and spoiled, but when you drop this kind of bread on a room, you just have higher expectations. To their credit, they sent a bottle of wine to the room, and we did get a very nice email from the hotel manager. Honestly, we probably just weren't there long enough to really give this place a chance. It wasn't horrible, and I would never say not to stay here. In the big scheme of things, these issues were each, by themselves, relatively minor. They just added up, as the hotel didn't meet our high expectations.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Plainstravellors
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thanks for the nice notes about your short journey out to the Emerald City, we appreciate any and all feedback from guests and generally are thrilled with the reaction our group receives. But that said everyone has a day and unfortunately it seems that you hit us on one of ours. The pre paid reservation is a little confusing to us as most of our rates at Kimptonhotels.com are free standing rates which allow you to cancel, change and adjust your rate, but we will look into it.
Thanks for the notes, points taken and we will strive to get back in our Kimpton groove!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed in May for the weekend of my birthday. It is a great location, 2 blocks from the Light Rail and all of Downtown. Front Desk staff is friendly and very helpful. We had a bottle of wine waiting for us in the room for my birthday.. Great atmosphere, Love the wine hour, love the room service and the restaurant attached.
Our only complaint was the housekeeping service could have been better. They missed a lot of little things such as not cleaning out the soap dish and replacing the hand soaps, they left the K-Cups empty and when we called for more they stated they were out and had to go buy some. The room was clean but the little details were missed.

Other than that Great staff, Great location and we will be back on our next trip to Seattle.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hey San Diego, thanks for the nice notes on the hotel, the location is one of the great aspects of the hotel and we are all thrilled when guests use us a their home base to explore the city. Being just far enough away from the noise and craziness of the Market to the easy access to the waterfront makes the Monaco a perfect spot to launch a Seattle trip from. We shouldnt ever be out of coffee - after all this is Seattle and its in our blood, but after your reveiw, bet we wont be out of them anytime soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Visiting a friend who was in Seattle on Buisness. Outstanding service and outstanding accommodations. Wow. First class service an unbelievable rooms. Couldn't ask for a better place! Will defiantly be back. Walking distance to pike place market. Starbucks next store! A gem in Seattle!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hey Coach - thanks for the nice note, Richmond was my home at one time just as a segway into my response. the location of the hotel and the attitude of the staff who really do work on making this as destination for not only a weekend trip to SEattle but also for a great vacation experience.
Good Stuff, come back and have a meal in Sazerac to make the experience perfect!

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I simply have fallen in love with this hotel.
I initially wanted to stay for 2 nights, however, extended my stay for another night.
The location of the hotel could not be better, it's just few minutes of walk from all major attractions. The receptionists Garret and Peter were very helpful and friendly. The check in was very fast and efficient.
The concierge of the hotel has arranged all my tours and he is The Expert. He had answers to all my inquiries.
The suite is very spacious, bigger than any average suite within this price range. The decor is appealing and very warm. It's home away from home.
I loved my bed. It's heavenly comfortable.
Breakfast was good. The hotel has to work a bit on room service. It took longer than I expected.
In general I loved my stay in this hotel and would highly recommend.
I would say that Hotel Monaco is the Best hotel in downtown Seattle.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Alex G

Thanks Alex, Garret and Peter are wonderful additions to the hotel and work on being terrific everyday, great stuff to read. Those Monte Carlo Suites are really a great value and seem to be a hit with many guests. We have 28 of them and they go fast so book early for your next visit which I hope will be soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My family and I were looking for a last minute room to spend some time in downtown Seattle prior to our flight the following morning. I had stayed at a Hotel Monaco in Chicago before and liked the experience so I figured I'd give this location a try. I was pleased from the get go. When I called to make a reservation, they were able to give me a pre-pay deal that wasn't available on the usual travel websites. When we checked in, the staff was extremely professional and accommodating. I was traveling with 2 kids (one my 2-year-old son) and they had the suite all ready with crib and all without any reminders. In addition, I signed up for their loyalty and got to partake in free WiFi and their "wine time" in the downstairs lobby. The hotel itself was beautiful (as well as the suite). Price to value was better than expected. Overall, I'd highly recommend this hotel and will be staying here again the next time I'm traveling to Seattle.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank YNotHarder

Thanks Chicago, we sure appreciate those notes and great to read that you are finding the same wonderful Kimpton experience in Chicago as you do in Seattle! those Monte Carlo suites are great when you are traveling with kids, they really do give you both extra space and of course another TV! come back soon and take the kids to Sazerac, my kids cant make it through the chicken and fries, see if yours can!