“An Amazing Wedding Experience!”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #7 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The hotel accommodations and attentive service throughout our experience was absolutely wonderful :-). For those considering an event with Hotel Monaco catered by their restaurant Sazerac, we have no doubt your expectations will be exceeded! The boardrooms and ballroom are beautiful; the hotel staff and catering manager show tremendous pride in their work. Several wedding guests mentioned that the food was the best they've ever had at a wedding. We'd strongly recommend Seattle's Hotel Monaco and Sazerac!!

Room Tip: Suites have two tv's and quite a bit more room to roam. Worked great for all the bridesmaids to...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Congratulations, that was quite a wedding, the party looked like such a good time I was pretty hurt you didnt invite me! We have 189 rooms in the hotel and over and over again I hear from guests having meetings here about the quality of the food and how great their meetings turned out to be. I am so pleased that your special day will be one to remember. Thanks for the great notes!
Tom.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,437)

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I'm writing this review during my last night of a six night stay at the hotel. Usually my reviews hash out all aspects of a hotel stay...the good, bad and the sometimes ugly. But this time I'll get straight to the point. My stay consisted of sending back loads of thinned, stained and dirty towels, finding suspicious stains on bed sheets, and dealing with half hearted attempts by staff to "correct" the problem. Too bad the Four Seasons was booked. If you care about hygiene and customer service, simply look elsewhere. It's just not worth it. Counting down the hours until I go home.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank msritajd

Dear Mrs. T, As you are well aware this review is false and I am asking you to please remove the posting. Your room had a do not disturb on it for 5 days and you only contacted us on your last day to advise that your towels had not been changed. It is my hope you will do the right thing and remove this offensive statement.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had a mini-family vacation to celebrate my brother's birthday and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. The staff are amazing, very friendly and genuine, the room was very comfortable with every amenity we needed, the "vibe" of the hotel was upbeat and fun, and the location is perfect. Can't recommend highly enough for someone looking for the quintessential Seattle experience!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynne H
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thanks Lynne! Great that you could use our hotel to connect with family, what a brilliant idea! the vibe comes from the staff and they actually have alot of fun here which really helps. The Green focus is a Kimpton special and that is very kind that you noticed. We estimate that we have eliminated 90,000 little plastic bottles each year from going in the trash. Thats alot of plastic!
Hope you took the family into Sazerac, great meeting for business or family, think i will head up there for a bowl of gumbo now!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Location- Great. Walking distance to many seattle features and right near public transit. Seattle is hilly though so bring your walking shoes.

Decor- Classy, modern, and funky lobby and interior.
( For an artist or designer- Rooms had lively prints that looked like a modern twist but were elegant looking, but my trained artistic eye was not at peace with a colorfield painting placed of center next to a photo of boat reflections, or oddly fitting ceiling trim)

Staff- Warm, helpful and had great suggestions for dinning. They even sent us an appetizer at the restaurant they booked for us, Elliots. Our phone wasn't charged so they sent someone to look at it in minutes.

Perks- We got a room upgrade when we requested a higher level. Great service for extras.
Coffee, lemon water, and a wine happy hour made me feel like extra attention was paid to me. The town car to the airport for $45 is also posh and the same price as a cab.

Room- Spacious, clean, modern, comfortable. Bed and bedding were excellent but the pillows were too smushy for me.

I got the AAA rate and it is great for what you get and compared to other places that are reviewed here I see why it is reviewed highly. I would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask to be on a high level and you might luck out with a free room upgrade as we did.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kumi77

Thanks Kitimat! you were a long way from home glad that you enjoyed the hotel, and really enjoyed your comments on the designer touches. Monacos are a sub brand of Kimptons and the design is specifically focused to challenge the senses. Some people love them, some people hate them but everyone has an opinion! the location seems to be a hit for everyone and certainly a great launching pad for everyone visiting our beautiful city. Hope you will come back soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

It was a pleasant stay, the staff was amazing and really friendly, they always helped me with any directions or to ask for a taxi. The rooms were most comfortable, but the cleanliness was the bad part, yhey didn´t clean that well the rooms each day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thanks Dorothy, great that you had such a positive impression from the staff they are a fun group and really enjoy coming to hang here everyday! The hotel has a program where we do a limited clean in your guest room in return for a credit everyday, wonder if that was your situation. If not, my apologies and we are on it! Come back soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was looking forward to staying here but unfortunately had a few issues with service. They were minor but added up.
Stayed for four nights and had to request our room be cleaned twice.

Had a towel with some reddish stains and initially thought they might be from my hair (had highlights done a week before arrival) but wasn't sure so left towel on floor to be changed. Next day when I got out of the shower I realized I had the same towel. Soap dish never cleaned out. Toilet paper is very very thin. Last day we were in a hurry and were showering and realized we only had two towels between myself, husband and child with no time to request more.

Room service terrible. Had a late night sandwich from the menu. Ordered a BLT substitute bacon for cheese and they wanted to add $1 for cheese but no credit for bacon. This sometimes happens but not usually at a "nice" hotel. We paid $80 for three sandwiches that came with burnt chips. The sandwiches had no mayo... Nothing. Ordinary bread, lettuce, 2 slices of tomato and 2 slices of cheese. Tasteless and dry. Sandwich wasn't even cut. I have no problem spending money on the convenience of room service but that was ridiculous.

Valet service... Some staff were really nice and helpful but it didn't quite make up for the incident in which one of the guys hit another car with my rental. We all heard it and I saw the car in front of my car move. I had to chase the attendant down. When another attendant saw he helped flag the guy in my car. The attendant denied hitting anything but one person on the street saw and even came over and took a picture, another couple stopped to make sure everything was ok and when the attendant continued to state he didn't hit anything a driver who was stopped in traffic yelled out he heard and saw it too. No damage was done so I really didn't care... It was a rental... But I was irritated that the attendant didn't take responsibility for what happened. Also parking comes out to around $45/day.

Got home and saw we were charged for a "second car" for two of the days. Called and accounting took care of it quickly.

On a good note we asked for a crib and got a pack in play that looked clean.

We stayed here because some other family members were staying at The Monaco but for a couple of hundred more dollars could have stayed at The Four Seasons. I would have likely found an overall better quality of service. Next time I will try somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank firelight3

Welcome California! Thanks for the nice notes on the staff, the group are a fun bunch and really connect well with guests as great ambassadors for the hotel. Can't imagine why your room wasnt serviced a couple of times, we do offer a program called choose to conserve and that seems to confuse guests with a credit to the room along with limited service, the cards look alot like the Do not disturb cards, pondering here that this was the issue. Never hesitate to pick up the phone and let us know that your stay isnt everything you had hoped it would be, I had some late nite room service the other night here and it was amazing for a late night snack, but if yours wasnt the same, let us know when you are here so we can get it right! Come back soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed two nights mid -week at the Hotel Monaco and we couldn't have been happier with our experience there.
It is not your usual hotel chain at all- from the wonderful and quirky art in the foyer, the companion gold fish you can have in your room for your stay, adorable bikes you can use for getting around thie downtown core. The staff were super friendly, cheerful, professional and we got a great recommendation for Thai that happened to be about the best food we've had in a long time. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hey Jeff, thanks for the nice notes, you seem to have hit all the high points from Goldfish to bikes, the rule is, just let us know how it we can make it work! the staff are a fun group here and they really want to make guests more comfortable with being in a great hotel and they get it done! next time pass up the Thai and try Sazerac, - great food and atmosphere or walk up the street to Tulio - the roast chicken will change your life!