“Birthday weekend”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #7 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I've stayed at the Hotel Monaco many time before on many occasions. This was a birthday weekend in Seattle with my mom and including the Rock N Roll 1/2 Marathon on a Saturday. Even though I didin't check in with the birthday rate, they recognized me checking in for the birthday and then later we came back to the room and found the great bottle of wine for the birthday.

Peter and Brynn at the front desk and Colin on the front door... man... they made the trip the best. They were so helpful with information and all around good help... cheer to them!

My mom and I love to camp out at the Hotel Monaco... oh yeah, love the Mostardo at Sazarac (comes with the cheese plate)... I'm eating some right now!

Look forward to our next stay there!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thanks Mary, I am always delighted to have notes from return guests, you obviously know what you are talking about ! the hotel looks for guests having a special event and work hard to make it memorable. you hit on some of the best in the hotel, Peter, Brynn and Colin are a great collection of fun folks who really set the tone for the hotel. come back soon!
Tom.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,427)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We enjoyed the complimentary wine tasting each evening after a long day of work. The room was very large, unlike some other Seattle hotels we've stayed in. Updated and funky decor, robes in the room. Good location - we easily walked to restaurants nearby. Will stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thanks Canada! We are very thrilled to welcome our neighbors from the North to Seattle and of course if they write nice reviews like this we really like them! The location of the hotel is a key component as well as the number of great restaurants, just up the street you can find Tulio which will change your life with one order of gnocchi or at least make any day better. Come back soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Had a great experience at this hotel recently! Instant upgrade at check in, great decor, and super friendly staff. More over my keys got separated from my car keys when my car was with the valet and they sent someone on the ferry to Bainbridge Island to return them! Also, after filling out the survey they sent at the end, I was emailed back by the Regional Director who had clearly actually read my review. I love Kimpton hotels as a general rule, but this one is really exceptional. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks again Erin, that Regional Director is a great guy, I love working with him and hope he gets a big raise soon! We were so very sorry and frantic about the key chaos that the fact it worked out well and everyone pitched in was wonderful. Appreciate the nice note, come back soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Had a lovely 4 night stay, our first at a Kimpton Hotel. We were totally at home. Beds were super comfy, lots of space in our room. Perfect location for us - close to shopping, Pike Market, Link Train station, etc. Staff are awesome; super accommodating, sincere and helpful. Late check out was no problem; bag storage also a breeze. Special birthday treat waiting upon our check in so that made it special. There is a Kimpton loyalty program which offers lots of perks and promotions. Wifi was reasonably reliable. And we loved our room goldfish, Clark. <3 We will be back!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Clark sends his best regards and hopes you come back soon. He also forgives you for bringing fish and chips back to your room. Thanks for the nice note, the location is one of the great assets of the hotel and we are delighted to be just far enough away from the maddening crowd but close enough to the action. The fun staff and great rooms really make this a great place not only to stay but also to come to work everyday, just ask Clark!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The amenities are nice, the decor and environment is superb. But the staff has a lot to be desired. At ~300+/night I don't want to feel bad if I ask for late check out or other considerations. "lesser hotels" at this price range go out of their way to make me feel pampered and catered to. From more than one hotel staff member I felt like I should be thanking them for the privelege to stay here. Rather than being thanked for my business.
There are plenty of other fish tin the sea, I don't have to pay this much $$$ to feel poorly about myself, kind of like a knock-out girl who knows it and reminds you constantly that you are beneath her level.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mielcita

Thanks Texas, appreciate the notes, as I mentioned in my other email to you, any time we can extend a check out, or upgrade a room we will, but on days when the hotel is sold out and guests are waiting for your room it makes it hard to go past the check out time. It does tend to become a vicious circle, especially with cruise ships. The ships get people off early so they come to the hotel to check in but the guests going to the ship can't get on until later so they dont want to leave the room. We always extend late checkouts when we can, sorry it didnt happen for you this time. Come back soon, lets see what we can do!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

LOVE the Kimpton properties...stayed at Hotel Monaco for one night...we arrived early bell captain stored our bags while we took the ferry over to Bainbridge...we would have had breakfast in the hotel restaurant but it did not open until 8:00am...we were there at 7:30am...(same issue the next day...we had an early flight out so ended up eating at Sea-Tac)...our suite was perfect...loved the separate sitting area with sofa and chair and add'l TV...easy access to free wi-fi since I was a member of "in-touch"...great option to join and it too is free!...you also get a $10 discount towards the mini bar or we used it that night at the hotel bar...great hosted wine hour in the lobby...if the lobby is full...take your wine downstairs plenty of seating down there too!...great bed and bathroom amenities...you won't be disappointed...we arranged for the hotel town car to take us to the airport...easy!...best part of our stay...Seneca! our in room goldfish...if we have the option for a Kimpton property in a city where our travels take us WE WILL!!!...thank you!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah4501

Thanks Sarah, what a great review! the hotel is working on adjusting some of those opening times as guests seem to be getting out and about earlier and earlier to see our beautiful city. Appreciate you noting the special perks you get simply by going to kimptonhotels.com and signing up to be a loyalty member. you can make your reservation there as well for the very best rates and packages!
Thanks again, come back soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The front desk staff were courteous, respectful and provided excellent customer service. I found the room to be very clean and comfortable. The location was perfect and allowed me to walk to my business meeting. The breakfast was hot and delicious with generous portions.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thanks Austin!
you sort of hit on all the high points for the hotel, that breakfast in Sazerac is always a winner, the eggs in hell is about as good as it gets if you have to get out of bed. Up the street from us is the stuning hotel Vintage, Tulio there is the best Italian in the city. Its not always better in Texas!