“What A Find”

Ranked #8 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
“What A Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

Had not been in Seattle for many years. Decided to try a "different" hotel from the norm and was intrigued by the photos of the Monaco. I went with Trip Advisor and those reviews convinced me to try it. May I ad this review to the growing list of happy travelers. In person the generous room more than lived up to its quirky, elegant furnishings. Comfy fluffy bed too. The cuisine downstairs at their restaurant was so good and original and healthy I dined there mornings and evenings! Excellent service and warm, friendly staff. This unique chain of one of a kind hotels will soon be opening another in my own backyard in Palm Springs. Cannot wait to drive 30 minutes for a starvation.

• Stayed May 2014
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thanks Ralaine, so glad that these TripAdvisor reviews helped you find us. I greatly enjoy hearing from our guests and the feedback is important as we hone our trade. Sazerac is a great find in the hotel, and breakfast is one of my favorites. there is a dish there called Eggs in Hell which some days I dream of. Dinner is also pretty cool someone decided that combining Southern Cuisine with the Pacific Northwest (wonder why we call it the Pacific Nortwest, there isnt an Atlantic NorthWest, anyway....) was a brilliant idea. Check on the progress of that Palm Springs hotel at our web site kimptonhotels.com there are about 20 hotels on the books, we will be everywhere!
Tom.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

actually the beds were great....great free happy hour with achoice of red and white wine, cocktail and flavored waters after 5 pm...
great location. staff was always willing to go beyond to accomodate your needs. Very classy hotel.
Free newspapers available....many to choose froml

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Appreciate it New Jersey, your heading scared me, but hey it was a great movie and we have copies at the desk for people to watch. Great that you enjoyed the bed and the ever popular wine hour, you may have seen me as I hang out there pouring wine alot of nights. (very handsome guy with a moustache that would make Tom Selleck jealous) anyway.. delighted we hit the mark with you, come back and see the other 3 Kimptons in Seattle or 3 in Portland they are all great!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Arrived at check-in with a mix-up on my arrival date (My assistant booked me for the wrong day...) The front desk attendant handled the "situation" with the utmost discretion and professionalism. With the on-site manager's approval, the front desk staff was able to solve my conundrum, re-book my reservation for that night at the proper rate, and properly resolve the booking error. Needless to say, the room and hotel accommodations are above par, and the handling of my account was resolved with a win-win solution in mind. This proves, that exceptional customer service does exist at Monaco Seattle.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thanks M R. This is always a great delight when it all works out and there are a lot of times when the dates are wrong (hey I have seen the year wrong as well) travel today especially for business is along the same lines as receiving a tax audit, so anytime we can make it a little better, we will. Some times it works and sometimes it doesn't but the fact you took the time, really made my day.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

I stayed at this hotel in July for the Tottenham Spurs vs Sounders game. It was the 2nd time staying at a Kimpton hotel this year, and I was not disappointed. The hotel has a very unique use of colors and shapes that adds an element of fun to the experience; also very clean and service was excellent. The rooms were very spacious and loved the unique minibar options. The free wi-fi and wine hour did not disappoint. The hotel is centrally located so you can walk to almost all points of interest. I definitely recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
yes, but who won the game! Today we have a Seahawks game and the lobby is packed with fans, a little scary up there, but those folks have figured out that you can WALK TO THE STADIUM from the hotel which is a score on any level. What a perfect night, head there watch the game come back and have dinner in Sazerac and then a great night in a wonderful room. Sign me up!
Walnut Creek
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

We moved to this hotel because it was centrally located and we had stayed one night in University area and didn't like the area at all.

This hotel was fantastic. The room was colorfully decorated, bed was very comfy, and the restaurant in the hotel was wonderful. But I have to say the best part of our stay was our concierge experience. We wanted to do a restaurant hop at multiple restaurants and we wanted fun, innovative places with great food and cocktails. Jeffrey is the concierge and let me tell you, he knows his stuff. He listens and then makes suggestions. He hit our taste with all the places he recommended. We went to five!! We never would have found these on our own. It was a magical night full of fun and new discoveries. All the staff at the hotel were very accommodating and wonderful. Loved it!!

Room Tip: They are also dog-friendly and don't charge extra for it (who does that?!). We will be doing a...
Green Features: All the Kimpton's we've stayed at have been whimsical, unique and fun. The rooms have great amenities, they have animal print robes instead of the boring white ones, A great hotel group!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hey Wildelk - appreciate the shout out to Jeffrey and Kimpton hotels in general. Jeff is a wonderful guy and great find. He started here parking cars and when that didnt seem to be the right fit (darn cars kept hitting things) he moved to the Concierge and there he is a champ. Wonder where he sent you, but delighted that you could try some of the great ones in the city, hope you included Tulio up the street, the gnocchi is world famous (or close to it) and worth you coming back soon!
Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

I and 2 family members from Virginia stayed at the hotel for a pleasurable week, and it was undoubtedly one of the best hotel experiences we have had. From the moment of check-in with Brynn and Jesse, every staff person was courteous and friendly, and definitely accommodating. We booked the Premier Queen/Queen and it exceeded our expectations as far as the size and decor of the room, including the bath. Larger would have been nice, but it was comfortable, including the beds!! We loved the boutique concept, as small can be better. We enjoyed Starbucks coffee in the mornings, refreshing water in the afternoons, the wine reception in the evenings, and the on-site restaurant, Sazerac, was very good!!! As other reviewers have commented, location and the goldfish are a bonus. Kudos to all staff!! They made our stay very enjoyable, and we shall return.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nvr2mchtrvl4me
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Monaco for a few days in fall 2013. Upon arrival the staff greeted us like we were old friends. They found out it was our one year anniversary and upgraded our room to a bigger size, sent us a free bottle of wine to enjoy, and just all around made us feel like we were special. I have NEVER had a hotel do all the nice things they did for us.

The hotel was a great location for seeing the sights and the attached restaurant had a great breakfast. We ate breakfast at the attached restaurant on our last day, the bagel and lox plate was incredible. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great stay in Seattle. It can be pricey but we found a great deal on one of the travel sites.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple