“Spacious and Comfortable”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #7 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Hotel Monaco is situated in a very vibrant and convenient location in Seattle. We had a lovely. bright mini suite with lots of room and every amenity we needed. The restaurant is also very good. The complimentary afternoon wine reception is very welcome after the day's activities and the hotel offers breakfast coupons or drink coupons good in the restaurant. We can't say enough good things about this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 July 2010

We traveled to Seatlle from Michigan to attend a wedding. We had many friends and kids strewn about the hotel. From the very first moment that we were helped from the taxi the stay was fantastic. Our luggage would not arrive until the next day, we were a tad stressed and missed the complimentary wine hour. The front desk folks gave us toothbrushes and cards to get some much needed and appreciated wine! That got a rotten trip off to fun and laughs in the lobby! What a lovely gesture. Our room was very cool and so was our gold fish, Hayden. After shopping Pikes Market my friends and I returned with bouquets of flowers for our rooms, the staff had vases delivered to our rooms in the blink of an eye...we were astonished. We all commented to each other about how the staff couldn't do enough for us! It was a remarkable stay at a really cool hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We stayed at the Hotel Monaco over Fourth of July weekend. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and decorated in a very funky style that I would never in a million years copy for my own home, but was a fun departure from boring for the weekend. The hotel was centrally located downtown, quite close to the Market and the ferry terminals. It was a great value and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I've stayed with Kimpton before and we thought that we'd try something new and stay at Monaco. I go down with my friend and we go for a girls weekend of shopping. This time we wanted to shop, photograph and enjoy the city. The staff at Kimpton are very friendly and informative. The staff are great, the room was comfy and the bed was really comfortable. The room was clean and at night there were chocolates on our beds. The restaurant was also very good value and we enjoyed the south western flare. When we missed morning coffee, a coffee maker was sent up very quickly. The staff were very responsive to needs. We enjoyed great, warm hospitality and friendly customer service. The location is great for starbucks and restaurants, shopping and Pike Market. My congratulations to the staff and Management at Kimpton...it's a good standard and good value for $. Also enjoyed the glass of wine at 5pm in the lobby...nice touch!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2010

I felt at home when I arrived, and the cordial staff was attentive from the moment I pulled up at the curb. I enjoyed the retro look of the hotel, and was impressed by the lobby which belied the fact that you were in a boutique hotel. Service was always prompt and courteous. The restaurant was excellent and I recommend the clams for a true taste experience. Their continental breakfast was one of the best I've had, with excellent fresh fruit and a perfect croissant. The room itself was spacious, nicely appointed and comfortable. Location was also excellent, being equidistant from Pioneer Square, Pike's Place and downtown. It's been my favorite of the boutique hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Kimpton Hotels have been a diamond-in-the-rough find for me.

While I would love to indulge in the Ritz-Carlton or Four Seasons scene, their prices have become prohibitive. But they do set the standard for service and organizational culture.

The Hotel Monaco in Seattle was a last-minute choice for me this past June. I had just moved across the country, the car was loaded to the roof, and the dog had become intolerant of the whole thing.

From the moment I pulled up to the curb, breezed through check-in, and was directed to my room, I was surrounded by folks who were sincerely helpful and made me feel like I just got home.

The upper floors are where the incredibly spacious rooms are hidden. And even a corner room had solid windows that didn't let the city noise in.

The complimentary continental breakfast was served quickly, and they even packed a go box with a full carafe of coffee for the late-slumbering spouse.

For dog lovers, the front desk and the front door staff remember your pets' names.

I am not sure what program is used to train the staff, but it is working!

I highly recommend you consider this hotel in downtown Seattle.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2010

We stayed one night at this hotel after a cruise to go to the baseball game and it was close to both locations. The hotel is nice and bed was comfortable. We did not use any services as we left early the next day for a train.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple