“Great, no hassle trip and just might be back” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Warwick Seattle

Warwick Seattle
Ranked #44 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Sedro Woolley, Washington
“Great, no hassle trip and just might be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

After reading recent reviews including the problems w/ the security officer, I expected less. But I got a Deluxe room via "Best Rate Guaranteed" on the hotel website warwickwa.com and also felt I got the best value for money out of rooms available for Seafair 2011. I also asked for a view of the Space Needle. Also told the hotel I did not want but needed a non-smoking room due to allergies and that my bag I dropped off early in my day please be in my room. Got Room #1107 with the stuff in my room I needed, good work Warwick team!

Got to the hotel at about 5:30. Room was very clean, curtains & door to mini-balcony worked very well. View was just spectacular from the room.

However, important to note - the Warwick puts a $50 hold on your card for incidentials. I objected and got locked out of the TV, internet & minibar. Not that I care for the minibar and decided that a netbook was just too heavy to haul around versus a complimentary business center in the hotel to check e-mail, but would have been nice to check KING & KIRO when I got up to see the weather report for Seafair.

Did though appreciate the complimentary Wolfgang Puck coffee & AC outlet for my camera battery charger. You'll see that in one of the pictures I submitted to this review.

Also reserved through the hotel website and a few clicks a seat at breakfast at the hotel restaurant Brasserie Margaux. The country breakfast was great value for money and helped me power through a hot and happily loud Seafair Saturday.

Oh and a word about Seattle and transportation... I am disabled w/o enough income for taxis to chaffeur me around everywhere without some mass transit help. On that note: I walked about 3 blocks 4th & Pine for a great conduit at the Westlake Sound Transit light rail station to major attractions like King Street Station, the stadiums, SeaTac Airport, the Museum of Flight, & the next Seafair in 2012. You may need a taxi connection from the light rail conduit - I would recommend Yellow Cab of Seattle (Warwick has the #) or if you have street addresses instead of just destinations then Sitia may work out as well as a backup.

Overall, the hotel did very good. Especially the concierge, front desk & restaurant. I am already mentally planning the next trip with this as the hotel.

Room Tip: Get the best available rate from hotel website... & make sure to note NON-smoking preference
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank JosefAK
WarwickSeattleSales, Director of Sales at Warwick Seattle, responded to this review, 19 August 2011
Dear JosefAK,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your experience at our Warwick Seattle Hotel. I have forwarded the message to our reception desk and the restaurant, Brasserie Margaux. I hope you enjoyed your time in the Emerald City and had the opportunity to see the Blue Angels, hydroplane races, and/or the Torchlight Parade.

I would also like to apologize for your TV being locked out and for any inconvenience this may have caused during your stay. A hotel personnel checked Room 1107 to make sure the TV is functioning properly as all of the channels (except for pay-per-view movies) should work even without a credit card for incidentals. The issue has been resolved and it is currently functioning properly. I thank you for bringing this to our attention and I apologize once again for the inconvenience.

You mentioned another trip back to Seattle. The next time you're visiting the city, please feel free to contact me at roh@warwickhotels.com and I will be more than happy to assist you with room arrangements. Thank you and have a great weekend!

Richard J.H. Oh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

a beautiful hotel in a great location downtown Seattle. Nice restaurant, good staff, clean rooms. Only complaint: A bit of a hassle though getting wifi in the room.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank VanValGal
Dear VanValGal,

On behalf of the Warwick Seattle Hotel team, thank you for your comment and we hope you enjoyed your time in the Emerald City. We at Warwick are dedicated to the highest standard of hospitality and I hope we lived up to that expectation.

In regards to the Wi-Fi issue, I would greatly appreciate it if you are able to e-mail me the name on the reservation at your earliest convenience. I apologize regarding the inconvenience caused by the lack of Wi-Fi internet access in the guest room. I will personally look into this matter as soon as possible.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at 206-219-2251 or roh@warwickhotels.com. Thank you and we hope to see you again at our Warwick Seattle Hotel in the near future. Have a great weekend!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Excellent location! all rooms have balconies and the bar/restaraunt downstairs was very nice.
Nice walk to the Pike Place Market on the Bay.
We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Dear SunshinefromHobart,

On behalf of everyone at Warwick Seattle Hotel, thank you for your kind words. I have forwarded the message regarding our restaurant/bar Brasserie Margaux and Margaux Lounge to our Executive Chef and Restaurant Manager.

We hope you had the chance to open the floor-to-ceiling sliding door, sit by our Juliet balcony, and enjoy the view of the Space Needle or downtown skyline. Next time you're visiting the Emerald City, please feel free to contact me at roh@warwickhotels.com and I will be more than happy to assist you with room arrangements. Thank you and we hope to see you again at Warwick Seattle Hotel. Have a wonderful weekend!

Cedar Park, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

We had just come back from an Alaskan cruise and wanted to stay downtown. This hotel had some discounted rates and the location was pretty good. The neighborhood immediately surrounding it was not great. We did not eat at the restaurant as the prices were very high. We were able to walk to Pike's Place and the staff was very friendly and it did have an indoor pool. I don't think we would stay there again though.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank xinebtx
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

The hotel is located near the Westlake shopping area; easy access to the light rail from the airport and the monorail to the Space Needle. The front desk staff were very nice, though there was only one person at the desk when we checked in and she was on the phone trying to help a disgruntled guest who wanted to change rooms though they were sold out for the night. They did give us an upgrade and a room with a fabulous view of the Space Needle. The beds were very comfortable. They stored our luggage all day while we went sightseeing.
The only problem was that we had no hand towels in our bathroom when we arrived. That night we called housekeeping and they brought some right up.
I would definitely stay here again if I stay in Seattle

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank TheProf06
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

We had a very positive experience at the Warwick. The staff was especially friendly and helpful. We had a large room with a great view of the Space Needle, Lake Union and Elliott Bay. The bathroom was spacious. The location was great and it was easy to walk to public transportation. We enjoyed the swimming pool and hot tub. I'd stay at the Warwick again and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Get an upper level floor facing the Space Needle
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler51697
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

Reservations made one month earlier not honored. Staff aloof and inflexible. Property appears well past its prime with renovations grossly needed. Restaurant sub-par for Seattle. Best quality was the location which I rate as good, but overall this is a place to avoid in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family