“Wonderful!!!!”

Ranked #44 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver BC
“Wonderful!!!!”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This was our first time in Seattle from Vancouver, BC Canada and everything about the Warwick Hotel was perfect. The staff were all super friendly. The hotel was super clean. We used the pool, we used the business center to print coupons for the Zoo. My parking fee was waived so I could spoil my girls at Pikes Market, the Zoo etc. We were upgraded to the 16th floor when I told them I really wanted to take my 2 young daughters up the Space Needle so they gave us a fantastic view of the Space Needle. They treated my young daughters very well with little welcoming gifts. We will for sure stay at the Warwick again very soon........but next time we will bring my hubby and maybe get one of the suites on the top floor. Thanks again Richard! You Rock!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Room was musty and not well decorated. But, that really doesn't matter.
Was shocked at the rudeness of staff though. For $200/night, did not expect to be insulted. While coffee machine was in the room, there was no coffee. Went down to front desk, and was told I should have checked for the coffee the night before. What? This is my fault that you forgot to stock the room? Do not reprimand me for your mistake! What ever happened to the attitude - 'So sorry for your inconvenience. Can we bring the coffee packet to you?' Horrible and terribly rude!
Good location for me, but the attitude was so very poor. A block or two away I will have a much better experience.

Room Tip: Stay away and bring your own coffee for the in room coffee pot, or you will be reprimanded
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank MaryCatherine503
Tim B, General Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this review, 26 May 2012
Thank you for providing comments about your stay at Warwick Seattle Hotel. Please accept my apologies that you experienced interaction with our team that was not excellent. I want you to know that your comments were taken very seriously and the entire team reminded of the importance of all interactions.

I wish you had contacted me directly so I could have resolved your needs when they occurred. It is important to me that every traveler who stays at Warwick Seattle Hotel has the opportunity to experience the service excellence we have developed over our 30+ years serving our guests. I am very sorry that your experience was not what it should have been.

I would like to invite you back and have another opportunity to serve you appropriately. Please know I am at your service should you need anything.

Thank you so much.

Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife, son (17), and I spent four days/nights at the Warwick and enjoyed our stay. Its our first stay in Seattle, so I cannot compare directly to other hotels, but we felt it was a great deal. Its best feature is its location. On the negative side were the relatively small bathroom size and no microwave. The staff was courteous and responsive to our requests. The living area of the room was spacious, the beds comfortable, and the unique ability to open up and step outside onto a balcony was very appealing. Now the balcony is only about one foot wide, so its more of a ledge, but being able to open up and let the fresh air in was a nice and unique feature. The hotel also has an indoor pool, but we never used it. The hotel has a full restaurant, which is convenient. Its a little pricy, but when we checked in, the front desk gave us free continental breakfast coupons, which consisted of a bowl of fruit, sweet rolls, and some coffee or juice. We only had the continental breakfasts and saved our eating for all the great places outside the hotel. The room has a safe and a refrigerator. The bathroom has a bathtub and shower and one sink, the towels were nice and large, and the water pressure/temperature were great. However, the size of the bathroom was rather small. Forgive my methods, but a measure I have for bathroom size is if I can sit down on the toilet and shut the door without the door hitting me. I could not. For a family of four or more, this size of a bathroom would be a negative. Again, the bathroom itself is clean and nice, but rather undersized for a room that could accommodate 5 adults. If the bathroom was larger, I would have given the hotel 5 stars. I've attached photos for you to see. We were in room 912 and our cost per night was around $150.

The location of the hotel was great for us. We did not rent a car, but used public transportation or walked to everything we wanted to see (I believe its around $30 a day for parking at the hotel). We rode the train (SoundTransit) from the airport to the hotel (we walked from Westlake station three blocks to the hotel). Look for signs in the airport for Sound Transit Link Light Rail and take the train for $2.75 per person to the Westlake Center (the very last stop). If you drove, its about 25 minutes. Taking the train takes about 45 minutes because of a few stops along the way. The train was easy, clean, safe and gave you great views of Seattle. When you are ready to go back to the airport, call the hotel concierge and they can get you a flat rate ($40) town car that will drop you off at your gate.

Once you are at the hotel, you will find a grocery store/pharmacy right across the street that's convenient. For fun you will find that you are only two blocks from the Monorail that will take you to the Space Needle (round trip is about $4.50 for adults $2 for kids). You are three blocks from the Bus 99 route (which is free) that you can take to the Olympic Garden, Pikes Place, Pioneer Square, and Chinatown. For walking, its only a 7 block (15-20 minute walk) to Pikes Place. If you want to rent a car for a day trip somewhere, Enterprise Car Rental is only two blocks from the hotel (and they do drive to the hotel to pick you up). We rented a car for a day ($30) and drove up to Skagit Valley/Anacortes to see the tulips and daffodil fields (see photos). Its only 60 miles straight north along Interstate 5. Anacortes is also a major location for many of the whale watching boats.

For food, just about any place in Pikes Place Market is worth trying. We would recommend Lowell's Restaurant at Pikes Place. Great food, reasonable prices, and wonderful views of the Puget Sound (see photo). For a sweet breakfast treat, go to La Panier along Pikes Place market waterfront. French pastry croissants, breads, and sweets you can eat as you walk and enjoy the open air fish market that is full of artists, vendors, and shops. Near the hotel, we would recommend visiting the Icon Grill located just two blocks from the hotel. Casual, fun dining experience with a pretty traditional menu (meat, pasta, seafood) and a macaroni and cheese that I think even a finicky eater would love. If you want Italian, on the same block as the hotel is Assaggio Ristorante with pizzas, salads, and pasta in a semi formal (but casual dress allowed) setting. Another family place worth visiting is Serious Pies, which is one block from the hotel that has great pizzas and service. Also for the finicky eater, a Subway is located just one block from the hotel.

Needless to say, coffee shops abound so try them all! Visit the very first Starbucks in Pikes Place. I also enjoyed the lattes at Cherry Street Coffee on 1st Avenue and Seattle Coffee Works on Pikes Street. We would also recommend taking the Underground Tour located in Pioneer Square. Its about a 60 minute walking tour that will give you an interesting and fun view of Seattle's history and put you in the middle of a lot of wonderful art galleries and restaurants to try. Finally, although a bit expensive see if you can find the Intrigue Chocolate Company in Pioneer Square. He makes a dozen new flavors of chocolate truffles every month that are really good.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
liberty lake, wa
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Everytime we come to stay in downtown seattle we stay at the Warwick. I booked last fall this time and got a fansastic rate I could not find anywhere near that area and it included parking! I was thrilled to get upgraded to a room with a view of the space needle and queen beds. Two of my three nights I paid 109 with parking. This hotel has been updated in rooms and is in a great location to the waterfront, pikes market and all of the shopping. We used the pool and workout room and all was great. You can just park your car and walk everywhere., However the parking garage does not have an elevator so be prepared to walk stairs to get to you car or go valet. I have not eaten at the restuarant so cannot comment on it but it sure smells good throughout the hotel. Thanks for another great stay staff and we will be back soon!!... Thanks for continuing to give us reason to choose your hotel over others in the area. Appreciate the refrigerator in the room too. A microwave would make it even better...

Room Tip: if you want a view of the city you need to get a room higher up to get above the buildings surroundi...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lisamariew
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Hotel was convenient as usual and well tended. New head of catering and food services, Albie, is a great young man with innovative ideas. Pool was not reopened but had been remodeled.Parking lot adjoining hotel is most convenient. We walked to Pioneer Square for dinner, Seattle Museum, and to Pike Place Market.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LibrarianL
Lafayette, In
Reviewed 4 April 2012

As another recent reviewer has had the same experience as our family, the hotel staff must relish the fact that they put three people in one bed if you dare use a discount website.
Imagine how they snickered as a father, wife, and their six foot tall son go up to a room with one bed at 11:30pm knowing that the call from room 216 will certainly come. I bet they have a running bet as to who gets closer to the time it takes for the haggard guests to call.
"Sorry sir nothing else is available." Oh really? You have 100% occupancy tonight?
What a way to treat their guests.
What really leads me to believe that they are purposely antagonizing their guests for having the nerve to purchase a discounted night in their fine establishment is that the room is large enough for another bed along with the king size bed that is there. There is a spot left barren where a bed could be fitted. Also the room lighting overhead was track lighting with about 12 fixtures at about 50 watts each so if you had the lights on it was like a Hollywood stage.
Also if you take the steps down from the second floor you are bound to exit through the back of the kitchen and through the restaurant. Shouldn't exits be more clearly marked? This seems like some sort of violation to me.
Good travels everyone.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Warwick.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Familytravlr
Tim B, General Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you for your recent review.

Please accept my apologies that you did not receive the room type that you desired. However, at no time do we switch the room type of a reservation received from a third party source before the guest’s arrival. If we had a room available upon your arrival we would have gladly changed you to that room type.

Many of our guests book through our partner booking agencies. We do not discriminate regardless of where the reservation comes from. It is always our desire to ensure every guest who walks through the door has a satisfactory stay. If we did not want bookings through “discount websites” we would not do business with them. At no time are we obligated to partner with these websites so it would not make sense that we would intentionally cause problems with reservations associated with them.

Online Travel Agent, or discounted websites as you referred to them, bookings differ from bookings through a hotel’s own website. This is true for nearly every hotel in the world. When you book a discounted rate through one of these agencies it is best to read the fine print as much of what you book is a request and not a guarantee. In the case of your reservation we put you in the room type that was reserved with us by the booking website. We did not change the booking nor do we ever find humor in those concerns. Quite the opposite is true. It puts us in a very tough spot when we are completely sold out and have a guest who is unhappy and believes they were guaranteed a different room type than received.

I wish we had a room more to your satisfaction available but we were truly 100% sold out the weekend you were here (the last weekend of March). In fact, being in a prominent downtown location in the middle of many of Seattle’s famous attractions we sell out frequently and especially on the weekends.

Please know that you are invited to contact me should you have further questions or comments. Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to me and I would love to speak with you.

Warm regards,

Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stayed here for two days on a business trip. A good stay all around. I will return in the future

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank rdtOregon
Thank you so much. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay.

Please come see us again soon!

Best regards,