“Great balcony, Great view, Great room, GREAT ROOM SERVICE!”
Review of Warwick Seattle

Warwick Seattle
Ranked #45 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We stayed here because we had a 24 hour layover on our way back to Houston from Juneau. We loved having a reasonably priced hotel with a balcony. Fernando took our order quickly and brought our food right up. The room service quality was better than the Ritz-Carlton Maui that we stayed in on our honeymoon. Fernando answered the phone for room service with a kind and friendly demeanor, and he brought our order up within 10-15 minutes of placing the call. He is an exceptional server. He was friendly and courteous. I cannot say enough about what an excellent job he did.

Room Tip: Fernando is the man you want to talk to for room service. Housekeeping does an exceptional job as we...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joshua_Long
Tim B, General Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Thank you for providing a review and taking the time to recognize one of our employees. I will personally make sure Fernando knows he was recognized for his efforts and you appreciated him. I cannot thank you enough for giving me the opportunity to do so.

Thank you for choosing Warwick Seattle Hotel. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2012

We just completed a three-night stay at the Warwick in Seattle. Our first impression was quite "blah" as we walked up to the building. It looked a bit drab and under-kempt. We were greeted warmly, however, which brightened our attitudes. Some of what the Warwick has going for it: large bedroom; comfortable bed (ours was King size); floor to ceiling windows; pleasant staff (a particular shout out to the concierge who was knowledgeable and helpful - now he has to "get over" WU Huskies losing to the UM Wolverines in 2003 (?); and, to the woman who cleaned our room, who consistently greeted us with a pleasant "good morning" each morning - a great start to a day!); and, location. We walked all over the warf and downtown area from this locale. The exercise room was underpowered (one treadmill, one bike, one stair, one elliptical), but fortunately most people must have been out enjoying themselves rather than working out when I was there. Couple downsides: ceiling in our bathroom was "listing to port." That is, hanging down just a bit; only a desk chair in the room - made sitting in the room uncomfortable; and, my particular frustration in this day and age - daily fee for wifi. What? Free wifi is offered by all sorts of establishments; to charge $12/day makes me crazy. After three nights the Warwick grew on us and we liked it. If we go Seattle gain, we'll look for other options, but would consider it again. If I could have given 3.5 circles, I would have done so.

Room Tip: We were on 8th floor with a parking lot view. Perhaps the view would be better on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank psteg

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review through Trip Advisor. I am glad that, overall, you enjoyed your stay.

Warwick Seattle Hotel is about to undergo more renovations and nearly the entire interior, if all goes according to plan, should be renovated by the end of 1st quarter 2011. I hope you will come try us again the next time you come to Seattle.

Thank you so much for choosing Warwick Seattle Hotel as your place of lodging during your latest trip to Seattle.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

The Warwick Seattle Hotel hotel was as charming as their staff. We arrived by lightrail into the city directly from SeaTac airport at 7am in early June. Arriving so early in the morning and walking a few blocks in the cold rain we had expected that it would be a while before we could check in. But to our surprise they provided us with a wonderful room right away with a delightful view of the Space Needle! It was our first visit to Seattle. The accommodations were very nice, comfortable and full of those little amenities that were convenient. It was a very peaceful stay for weary but excited tourists like ourselves who had just arrived on an overnight flight from Hawai`i. I especially loved the old nostalgic look and feel of the hotel and it was had the touch of modern conveniences like wi-fi. Terrific, central location - walking distance to all the main attractions,sites of downtown Seattle. Staying at the Warwick on the first day of our vacation trip the day before sailing on the ferry the next day at 7am was a terrific choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a specific view, like the Space Needle.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hawaiiresident2day

Thank you for your very kind words. It is uplifting to read that you enjoyed your visit as much as you did. I invite you to return the next time you come through Seattle so that we may serve you once again.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review through Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Spent the night from 07JUN-08JUN at the Warwick Hotel. This was our pre-night's accomodation prior to our Alaska cruise. It was booked with Clipper Vacations.

Checkin - Quick and efficient

Room Quality - Above average bed. 32 inch flat screen TV. View was of the Space Needle, but that actually meant it was kind of ho-hum. Immediately across the road from us was a movie theatre and all the neon lights that entails. A highlight of the room was the rain-shower.

Location - Good. Short walking distance from the pike place fish market and the water.

Value - for the price paid I felt it was a little overpriced, but for Seattle hotels that is par for the course.

Sleep Quality - good insulation, excellent temperature control, good lighting control. Excellent sleep.

Overall - a good quality hotel. At $200 a night I felt it was a little overpriced.

Cheers!

Room Tip: Our room was excellent. No fancy tips, the hotel seemed well designed.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marktodandtravel

Your feedback through Trip Advisor is much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to provide everyone with your opinion of our Hotel.

I am glad to read that, overall, you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will come see us again during your next trip to Seattle. We would love to have the chance to improve your impression of Warwick Seattle Hotel even more.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed here one night prior to a cruise. The front desk personnel were professional and very helpful. The room was clean and the view was lovely, particularly at night. Location is very convenient with a small market across the street and in walking distance to the waterfront. The cab ride to the cruise terminal was short and not expensive. The room had everything we expected and needed. We will be revisiting this hotel when we go on our next cruise out of Seattle.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank debbie r

Thank you for providing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you will visit us during your next trip to Seattle. We would love to have the opportunity to host you again! Hope you enjoyed your cruise!

Best,

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Our room "view" faced a concrete wall (parking garage), the door wouldn't open, there were no windows - so no way for fresh air. Construction woke us at 6am daily outside the window - it is Seattle, something is always being built, so that's just part of the risk of staying in the city center. We just got stuck with a junk room - very disappointing.

You have to park on-site and it costs $30/night - valet or not. My rental car had been keyed along the front bumper. Internet is $11/day.

Housekeeping didn't think we needed more coffee creamer since we used 2 small packets the first day. These are cheap items that make a difference for people, so I felt that was a ridiculous area to skimp.

On the PLUS side: Location is great, staff was friendly & helpful. Grocery store across the street is always nice. Housekeeping did a great job otherwise. The safe is handy as well. Beds were comfortable as well. The pool is small, but great for kids (4"1' deep) and has the hot tub attached, so the water stays comfortable.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view. Be prepared for the parking and internet charges.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank A L
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you so much for taking time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your accommodations. However, I am very thankful for the many great compliments you provided our hotel in your last paragraph.

I do wish you had contacted us concerning your sliding door as we are not aware of any that are not working properly. Since you mentioned having a view of the garage wall we will check all of those rooms to ensure each door is still functioning properly. This will be accomplished quickly as only 7 of our 230 rooms have a garage view. Please accept my apologies for the difficulties you experienced.

I also read your comments about the creamer. I can assure you it was not because Housekeeping thought you did not need more that they were not replaced. Unfortunately this was a case of human error that should not have occurred. We want you to enjoy your stay with us and will give you as many in-room creamers as you need for your in-room coffee to be to your satisfaction. Once more, please accept my apologies.

It is apparent by the title of your review that you do not intend on staying here again. I want you to know that the experience you had is very uncommon and not indicative of what one can expect from a Warwick Seattle Hotel stay. I invite you to return on your next trip to Seattle. Please feel free to contact me personally should you need or want my assistance. I have no hesitation stating that you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

After an awesome 7 day Alaska cruise, my husband and I and another couple had a reservation at the Warwick Hotel for 3 days. We arrived early, shortly after 10 am and did not expect our room to be ready. We checked in our luggage with the bellman and was told that although 3 pm is check in, we should come back around 1 or 1:30.

We left and went for a walk. Pike's Place Market was not very far and the walk allowed us to become familiar with the area. We ate at the market and returned to the Warwick around 1:45. Unfortunately our rooms were still not ready and we were too exhausted to go anywhere. We joined the rest of the sleeping guests in the lobby until our room was ready.

Once we entered our room, on the 8th floor, it was very spacious. My husband and I were not sure if we thought it was large because we had just spent 7 days on a cruise ship or if in fact it was large. Either way, it was very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable and the view of the city was awesome.

Our friends and I decided to check out the hot tub, which was very relaxing and quiet. Before we went to dinner, we took showers and one of the towels had hair all over it, which I just dismissed as something that could happen anywhere. I called housekeeping and requested more towels and they were brought to our room immediately. The next day our friend, who was also on the 8th floor mentioned that they had an issue with their towels. From then on, we just brought extra towels back from the hot tub.

We were given free breakfast coupons which were good for the continental breakfast either in the restaurant or room service. It was a standard continental breakfast, some days were better than others. The waiter did not advise us that if we were to order off the menu would the value of the coupon be deducted from our bill, but it was no big deal.

We wanted to do the double-decker bus and we were told by one of the bus drivers that we could purchase the tickets at our hotel. I asked he gentlemen at the front desk and he looked at me as if I had asked some obscure question and told me they did not sell tickets. Moments later, the bellman/concierge saw me looking at the brochure and asked me if I was interested in purchasing tickets, which I did right there. This seemed like a very basic question that the front desk clerk should have known or at least found out. Further, the bellman/concierge gave us maps, several brochures and recommended tours and attractions, which we took his advise and went to a few of them. He was very knowledgeable and the information he gave us was helpful.

Overall, our stay at the Warwick was enjoyable and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Patricebill1
Tim B, General Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

I am glad to read that, overall, you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the team so they realize the errors that were made concerning your towels and the double-decker bus. Please accept my sincerest apologies for these errors that should not have occurred.

It is important to all of us that every aspect of your stay is great. I invite you to return to Warwick Seattle Hotel the next time you are in town. We would love to host you once again.

I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your cruise!

Warm regards,