“Great Stay, Great Shopping Location, Great Price”
Review of Warwick Seattle

Warwick Seattle
Ranked #44 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We booked the Warwick Seattle after much research on location/price, so, as we had no history with this venue, but we were VERY pleasantly surprised. We were on our first trip with our toddler Grandchild, so having the pool was a lovely diversion. The location was fabulous as we were only blocks from the Pike Place Market as well as the downtown shopping areas. We actually chose to hop a bus to the zoo as opposed to taxi, and were there in 15 mins.! Easy walk to Monorail, Malls--tourist destinations at our finger tips!

Staff were very accomodating and always helpful, the restaurant Brassiere Margaux was wonderful with expert hospitality staff, and although it has a warm romantic feel, they were quite welcoming to little ones. PS KELLY is an incredible waitress!

Our room was VERY Clean, Large & very comfortable with fridge for our own snacks/drinks which are easily obtainible at the grocer kitty corner to Warwick. We most certainly will choose the Warwick Seattle for all our future Seattle Vacations, which at minimum are twice a year and will defintaely consider their International destinations as well! Cheers! Mr. & Mrs. Smith

Room Tip: This is our first time, so not sure, but we had view of city from 912
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Warwick-Seattle, Guest Relations Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

It is always a pleasure to hear from our satisfied guests and we appreciate you choosing Warwick Seattle Hotel as your choice of stay.

We are so pleased that you were able to take your grandchild to our swimming pool, a rare find in downtown Seattle. Thank you for your comments regarding our staff also, we appreciate you mentioning Kelly in particular, she will be recognized appropriately for her exceptional efforts during your stay.

Your feedback is very important and we will certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest regards,

There are newer reviews for Warwick Seattle

995 - 1,001 of 1,930 reviews

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Spent our Canadian Thanksgiving weekend here. Could not get a room anywhere downtown but the Warwick due to multiple events on in the city, so we suspected we were in for a middling experience at best. Very true. Inside this hotel you would never know you were in a smart and vibrant city like Seattle (maybe it was the parking lot view). Seemed like a great fit for the pragmatic senior set who were in the majority. All public spaces are dowdy and cramped but functional. The run down pool and rec facilities in the basement border on depressing. My kids will swim anywhere but made excuses not to here. Room was passably patched up (the queen beds were the comfiest part of our stay) except for the tight little bathroom with decaying ceilings. Just don't look too closely and get outside! As all reviewers have correctly noted the location is convenient to everything you would want to see, do and experience with nearly all major urban highlights within a pleasant walking radius. With so many brilliant restaurant choices on every nearby corner, I certainly recommend ignoring the uninspiring cafe. I stayed here for three nights, passing the front desk dozens of times and never managed to make eye contact with a single staffer, not even to exchange a smile and nod. The ageing Warwick is cheaper than all other nearby accomodations for a reason. Choose it only if you are planning on busy day-long outings and require a central base.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We arrived by Amtrak bus from Vancouver and stayed 3 nights and enjoyed it all. Your location is convenient to everyplace we wanted to go. The staff was friendly and helpful, food was great, rooms were clean and limo to airport was appreciated. We will recommend the Warwick to friends and stay again. Thanks to everyone for making our stay a joy. Happy Holidays

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Trudy G
Warwick-Seattle, Guest Relations Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Warwick Seattle Hotel, it appears that you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for your kind words.

We are grateful for your comments with respect to our staff, it is pleasing to know that you found them to be friendly and helpful, also that you enjoyed the food in our restaurant, Margaux.

Thank you for recommending us, we hope to welcome you and your friends and family in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed at the Warwick for two nights through Clipper Vacations.

Overall stay was good. Rooms were nicely appointed and clean. Beds were comfortable.
Also, we had a nice view of downtown which was pleasant.
Another nice thing about the hotel is its location. Although a slight walk from most things, it was very central and a good location for adventuring around as downtown/ space needle/ belltown.

On the downside, we felt the pool/ fitness facilities were lackluster and needed improvement. Looked kind of like a sketchy basement with vending machines etc.. and was not really very welcoming and didn't make us want to stay long.
Lobby was OK, albeit small and it could be a mess with lots of people checking in/ out.

The Warwick didn't have any "wow" factors for me and it could have been any other 2.5-3 star hotel in a downtown area.
Having stayed at a variety of other downtown locations, I would likely not return to the Warwick as for an extra $10-20 or so/ night one could stay at the Westin or Hyatt, etc.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We had a room on the fourth floor which quite simply was just so well to have been outside on the street. The noise was incredible. I have stayed in many hotels and this was the worst for noise in the room. Every car, every bus, even people's conversations could be heard in our room. When I commented on the noise problem at checkout I was told that "you are in downtown, what do you expect?" What I expect is better noise insulation in every room. Judging by some of these reviews the rooms on upper floors are better. Our view was of the cinerama opposite, not very glamarous and not in keeping with some of the other reviews. We booked through Trailfinders and I'll be recommending that they remove this hotel from their roster. The room was clean but outdated in every way. The lady serving breakfast was good and to be fair, the food was good, no better than anywhere else but good. Be careful though. When offered coffee I said yes please, and when the bill arrived it turned out I was given a 3 cup coffee pot at a cost of $12. Breakfast for a family of four was $72. The kids are 7 and 5! It certainly wasn't worth it. It meant that we avoided the restaurant for the rest of our trip so the Warwick missed out on potential bookings for dinner and breakfast the next day. The pool isn't very big and with 5 people in there felt crowded. It wasn't a pleasant experience for my daughter and I. The hotel location is good for sightseeing around Seattle and convenient for the Airport but overall, the room was way too noisy and antiquated, there seemed a lack of care for the customer, the pool is small and the food is too expensive so I have to rate this hotel as poor.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on lower floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Tim B, General Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I was disappointed that there were aspects of your stay that were not enjoyable. Please allow me to address some of your feedback.

Although being in a major downtown environment does lend to more noise than more rural hotels, we are taking steps to reduce the noise significantly. As you are aware, our rooms have a floor-to-ceiling window wall that opens up to a private Juliet balcony. We are in the midst of replacing those window walls now with vastly improved versions that will significantly reduce noise and improve our guest’s ability to regulate temperature in the room. This is ongoing and we are completing the building from the top down and should finish the project in January. We are thankful to be able to make this building improvement to better serve and satisfy our valued guests. I will address with the guest service team that you left with the impression we did not care about the situation, and I offer my apologies that you were given that perception.

I am unsure of how the room is outdated, as the floor you were on was renovated in December of 2012 and includes all new wall covering, floor covering, furniture, bed, window treatments, artwork, television, etc… If time allows I would love for you to reach out to me to let me know what you felt was not up to standard so we have a chance to rectify. It is through our guest’s feedback that we are able to continually improve the services we offer. Our guests are our first priority and are the reason we are still in business after more than 30 years. We never want to mislead our guests, and in an effort to accurately present ourselves the room pictures seen on Trip Advisor and on our official hotel site are actual pictures of the rooms we offer.

I was equally concerned when reading about your experience in Margaux, and once again I ask that you please contact me if time allows. Our pots of coffee offered are a premium Lavazza blend but are only $4 for the pot, not $12. With our children’s menu containing meal options from a couple dollars to no more than $6 I would like to have the opportunity to review your ticket to ensure everything is processed correctly. We pride ourselves on providing a good value in both the restaurant and the hotel, so thank you for mentioning your concern.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback. I also thank you for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel. Should your travels bring you back to the Emerald City, I invite you to stay with us again. I hope to have the opportunity to speak with you at your earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Tim Bathke, CHA
Warwick Seattle Hotel

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed at the Warwick while recently attending a conference. The Warwick was well-located, a pleasant walking distance from both the airport light rail and the Seattle Convention Center. When I arrived too early to be able to check in, I was offered access to the locker room to freshen up as needed. The room was comfortable, clean, quiet, and had a beautiful view of Puget Sound and the Space Needle. I had a very pleasant breakfast in the restaurant in the morning. I booked at a special conference rate, which provided free wi-fi and complimentary continental breakfast. All in all, a great option if looking to stay in downtown Seattle!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Warwick-Seattle, Guest Relations Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Warwick Seattle Hotel, it appears that you enjoyed your time here. We are so pleased you enjoyed the location of our hotel and found it to be clean, quiet and comfortable.

It is gratifying to hear that you enjoyed a pleasant breakfast in our restaurant, Margaux and hope that if you return, you can try something from our Lunch and/or Dinner menu's.

Once again, thank you and we hope that your travels bring you back to Seattle.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We were able to walk most places we wanted to go. The Palace Kitchen was a block away -- great food. We had a lovely view of the Space Needle. Staff friendly. The room was spacious and clean. The restaurant looked nice, though we didn't try it.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience as we are always pleased to receive feedback from our valued guests.

We are grateful for your comments regarding our staff, we certainly do have a great team here at Warwick Seattle Hotel and hope that you feel the same way. It is also pleasing to know that you were able to enjoy a lovely view of the Seattle Space Needle from your room. It really is a spectacular view.

Our hotel is especially geared towards providing uncompromised service and we are happy that you enjoyed the experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Warm regards,