“Needs some TLC”

Ranked #44 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Sequim, Washington
“Needs some TLC”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The Warwick has some good bones but feels dated. They were doing renovations while we were there - albeit noisy in the AM due to construction - it didn't start till around 9am. The sleep was nice, the rooms were spacious with good amenities. There was no hot water in the morning which was disappointing and the bath linens were threadbare and scratchy akin to a YMCA. Something they could easily improve immediately. The pool and sauna were in the basement and kind of sad. My hope is once the renovations are done it will be the glorious boutique hotel of old it is reputed for.

1 Thank Kerry M
Tim B, General Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am investigating thoroughly your comments about the linen, as our bath towel is a very high quality and should not ever give you the impression of a YMCA. I do want you to know that the pool plaster is being redone currently and the basement is scheduled for refurbishment this year. We hope to refresh it and expand our exercise room in the process.

Thank you for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel. It would be our pleasure to be your choice of accommodations again in the future.

Best regards,

Warwick Seattle Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Korean first
Belfair, Washington
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We spent New Years' Eve at this beautiful old hotel. Our spacious (for an older hotel) had a beautiful view of the Space Needle. Our location was amazing....within easy walking distance to the Needle, the Market and shopping.They are currently renovating so there was alittle noise in the afternoon but quiet after 6:00p. This was one of the most quiet hotels we have spent New Years' in as far as the hotel itself. The only negative was the key cards. Our first trip to our room required us to go back down as the key did not work....this was again the case the next morning. Every time we left our room (prior to checkout) we found our key disabled. We left for breakfast, I forgot something....had to go get the key activated. Went to breakfast, came back to pack up...key disabled. Very annoying as the hotel was very busy, elevator wait long....While at the checkout desk, we noticed other guests coming down with the same problem. Wondering if this is a standard practice on checkout morning?

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and for spending your New Year’s Eve with us. I was very glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel and found it to be quiet excluding the renovation work that stopped before 6p.

I have noted your comments about the key cards deactivating and can assure you that this is not a normal or standard practice. While this happens at any hotel from time to time, it is usually rare. We also noticed this increase so we cleaned all systems and replaced the keys that were being used to ensure this was prevented moving forward.

I greatly appreciate that you chose to stay at Warwick Seattle Hotel. I invite you to return for your next trip to Seattle.

Kind regards,

Shetland
Reviewed 30 December 2013

A two night stay in this lovely hotel was not enough to appreciate all that the Warwick Seattle Hotel could offer. A good central position within easy reach of downtown Seattle makes it easy to not require a car. The lobby / reception is smaller than one might expect yet sufficient , with knowledgeable and friendly staff. The bistro offers good meals at reasonable prices in a good environment. The waiting staff were attentive yet not intrusive. A solid breakfast was had by all which was very enjoyable. A city centre hotel which deserves to be supported by all types of visitors whether on business or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RedHamish
Tim B, General Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at Warwick Seattle Hotel. It was our pleasure to be your choice of accommodations while you were in the Emerald City. Thank you for staying with us and come see us again the next time you come to town. Safe travels!

Best,

Reviewed 27 December 2013

If you want elegance and class of 60s and 70s the Warwick is your hotel. The bar and dinning are superb. The rooms of this vintage hotel are very comparable to modern 5-4 star hotels. The front desk staff are extremely accommodating. Yes I did upgrade my room for an extra $30 due to road noise but this also included free internet it was well worth it. This also included a great view of the space needle. I saw American Hustle at the Big Picture movie theater 5 blocks away (this movie house has a great bar and will serve your drinks to your movie seat). If you see a movie go early put some extra clothing on your seat in the theater and go back to the bar until movie starts. With the movie and the hotel it was like I was in a time machine going back. The hotel are doing renovations now so try to plan to be out of the hotel between 8:30 to 5 if you have a room where noise is an issue.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your review and for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel! I am thrilled you had a good time and enjoyed your movie going experience as well. I am happy to inform you that we have just finished with the last window installation so our lower floors are now far more sound resistant than they were before. We all hope that our guests enjoy the new product immensely.

Once more I thank you for staying and I invite you to return on your next trip to Seattle.

Best regards,

Forest Hills, New York
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I was really excited to stay at Warwick. I spent hours researching the hotels in Seattle, as this was our much needed vacation, and I just wanted to sit back and relaxed. Reading all those raving reviews, I had very high expectation. And I was very disappointed.

I think we were just at the hotel the wrong time, since all the rooms were booked due to a conference, and we weren't able to change the room. Our room was on 6th floor facing the garage. The room was tiny. I was expecting a bigger room. Just the set up of the room and amenities weren't up to my expectation. Also, they had some renovation going on that week, and one morning, we were woken up by the drilling noises.

Considering this is a brand name, I was very disappointed. I wish I had booked at Westin, which is a few blocks away.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AyeSMoe
Thank you for your review. We appreciate that you chose to stay at Warwick. I empathize with your disappointment at being booked on a floor that is only one level higher than the parking garage. Although the garage does not block your view, I know it is not nearly as magnificent or breathtaking as the majority of our views from the higher floors that we are rated so highly for by our guests. I sincerely wish something else had been available as it is always our desire that our guests have an excellent experience at Warwick Seattle Hotel.

I encourage you to reach out to me should you have any plans to return to Seattle in the near future. I would be happy to help personally handle your accommodations to ensure you have a room higher than the one you received during your most recent stay.

Thank you again. I greatly appreciate your feedback.

Kind regards,

Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We revisited the sky city restaurant this week, now 51 years since our date night together at The worlds Fair 1962. We just had our 50th wedding anniversary and thought an overnight in seattle would shorten our flight time to our maui destination where our family of 12 would be joining us. The Warwick hotel had very good internet reviews and we agree that it was a great place to stay. We came to our room as darkness came over the city and our large picture window framed the seattle needle all lit up for Christmas. It was a spectacular view and the hotel staff had champagne on ice and a plate of sweet treats to make a perfect toast to our memory of an earlier time, and the beginning of our dream vacation!! We highly recommend the Warwick and plan to return. Seattle looks like a vacation destination for another trip.

Room Tip: 18th floor with view of needle and city..don't remember the room number
1 Thank Travel502013
Thank you for a great review. It was wonderful to read you had such a great time and chose to spend part of your important holiday with us. Seattle is an excellent city for vacationing and there is a lot to see and do here. I look forward to your return visit with us, and I am confident my Concierges team would love to assist you with some fun ideas of things to do while here!

Please continue to have safe travels, and belated happy 50th anniversary!

Warm regards,

Pullman, Washington
Reviewed 18 December 2013

The Warwick is, hands-down, the best high-end value hotel in downtown Seattle. I am a loyal customer, having stayed here dozens of times, and having other friends do as well. There is a little street noise every now and then, but for the most part, it is just the best. The hotel staff seem to be relatively consistent over the years, which also says something.

Room Tip: Better to stay Seattle-side if you want quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Warwick-Seattle, Guest Relations Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience as we are always pleased to receive feedback from our valued guests.

Thank you for rating us so highly for value, location and rooms. It is wonderful to read that you note us as being the best high-end value hotel in downtown Seattle; we hope that you will continue to book with us in the near future.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Warmest regards and Happy Holidays!