“Highly recommend Warwick Seattle Hotel.”
Review of Warwick Seattle

Warwick Seattle
Ranked #44 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Portland, Oregon
“Highly recommend Warwick Seattle Hotel.”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Went to Seattle for a few days over Christmas holiday Perfect location. Though I live in Portland and visit my brother in the area many times, never have taken much time to check out Seattles downtown and waterfront. More sophisticated, Seattle feels like Portlands older bigger wiser brother
Love the restaurants we tried, including the hotel restaurant where we enjoyed breakfast and, after a swim in the Warwick Hotel pool, Christmas Eve dinner

Getting there so easy now on the Bolt Bus, I will be visiting more often, and stay at the Warwick.

Would have been 5 star if pets were accepted. Think Portland is a step ahead on that accommodation, but had a great time in Seattle and will pass it on

Room Tip: Loved our room facing the Space Needle, and able to see the Bay as well, from 16th floor
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Patricia C
Tim B, General Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Thank you for your review and for staying with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I also wanted to inform you that we are in the process of implementing a pet friendly policy, so I encourage you to check back with us for your future stays. Please feel free to check in with me personally if you wish.

Thank you again for staying, please come see us again soon for your next visit to Seattle.

Warwick Seattle Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Korean first
Friday Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Yes, there are renovations going on but we didn't find them bothersome. The Warwick staff is fantastic … we see familiar faces every time we stay. The price is better than most hotels downtown. And, they have a pool which is not big but just perfect for a few laps or for your kids to play in. I find the larger hotels to be impersonal and more rigid in their policies. As with any hotel downtown, try to get a room on a higher floor to cut down on city noise. They are within a block of several good restaurants. More often than not, we just enjoy a good breakfast downstairs at the cafe.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the Space Needle.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Islander417
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel! I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and invite you to return again soon!

Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Hotel is located close by to the main tourist attractions.

Lets start with the good:
Hotel room was nice. Two large queen beds. Coffee maker and fridge in room (forget if it was stocked). Nice shower with excellent water pressure. Slippers and robes provided.

The Bad:
Room was on the 4th floor facing front of hotel. All the street noise can be heard. Trucks, cars, people. Not ideal if you want to get some shuteye. Elevator took over 15minutes. Took the stairs most of the time. (I think only 1 was working).

Tips:
Free street parking from 8pm to 8am. Get a rooom on a higher floor or away from the main street.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cra8zy
Tim B, General Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for providing your review on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate that you chose Warwick Seattle Hotel for your recent visit to Seattle.

I noted in your comments that you had trouble with street noise while staying on the 4th floor. I am very excited to inform you that the recent renovation we have been undergoing was to replace all window walls in our guestrooms on all floors. We have listened to our guest feedback and recognized that the old windows were one of our primary concerns voiced. This project is winding down and all windows have been replaced and final aesthetics will be complete before the end of January.

I invite you to stay with us again in the near future so that you may experience the much improved experience for yourself. Thank you again for staying with us, and for providing your review. Please have safe travels.

Port Townsend, Washington
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Where do I start? In the past, we've had great service, comfortable beds and good prices from the Warwick Hotel - not anymore. Our objective was to spend a couple of romantic days together - good restaurants, a little Christmas shopping and lounging in our room before the Christmas rush. Here's what we got...The staff no longer greets you as a long standing customer - they didn't listen. We always request a room furthest from the elevator. When we arrived, our room was directly across from the elevator doors. To the valet's credit, he accompanied my husband down to the main desk to change our room. They moved us a few doors down, which was better, but neglected to tell us( until check in) that they were replacing windows and there might be some noise. The very next morning at 8:30 am the drilling and pounding began... it continued until we finally left to do some shopping. We didn't bother to come back for fear of listening to the obnoxious noise. So much for relaxing at the hotel. The room was a bit shabby - there were spatters all over the large photograph in the room and the bed was a lumpy, saggy disappointment - the sheets were coarse and uncomfortable. On the morning we were scheduled to leave, we received our bill under the door. You can imagine our surprise when the amount due was $4420.28! They had billed us $1709.00 plus misc. taxes for parking x 2. We called downstairs and of course, the mistake was corrected, but how did THAT happen? When the valet came up to take the luggage downstairs he promptly fell on top of my husbands bag (very Clouseau) and then later watched my husband load our SUV with our luggage never even giving him a hand. Very strange stay not to be repeated!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank laurenlovesfrance1
Thank you for staying with Warwick Seattle Hotel. I would really like to speak with you in person about your experience. It is my desire that, after 20 years of excellent service and experiences, you will be willing to forgive this one experience that is not up to the high standard of guest service we strive to provide our guests.

I will not make excuses when my team falls short. Please know that your remarks have not fallen on deaf ears and that I will / have personally addressed this with the appropriate people and those involved. Please accept my personal apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced.

I will be reaching out to you in hopes of discussing this further. Should you read my response before I am able to reach you please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel. Whenever a guest is dissatisfied I always want to make it right. If we fall short I do not want that to be your last experience at Warwick Seattle Hotel. I invite you to continue your long standing relationship with Warwick Seattle Hotel; it would be a privilege for us to do so as well.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel and it's a fantastic location downtown Seattle within walking distance to everything, but they are doing major renos and still selling out all of the rooms even though guests are disturbed between 9-6.
And when we were in town for the Seahawks game and stayed 2 nights we were disturbed at 8:20am each morning even though the front desk assured us construction wouldn't start until 9am.
The hotel manager claims that they have no way of knowing where the construction crews will actually be working so they can't block off rooms that are directly affected.
Unfortunately I work for one of the largest general contractors in North America and I know that of course you can plan ahead know exactly which areas of the hotel will be affected.
Our room was on the 7th floor and they assured us all construction on our floor was done, however both mornings we were woken up by the loudest grinding and hammering and drilling noises you can imagine. And they sounded like they were coming from every direction.
When we complained about the noise starting before 9am they told us the crew manager was notified and would cease work until 9. However then we were disturbed by the electrical/mechanical guys pulling wires through the walls.
When we checked out and I complained to the manage he seemed very nonchalant and simply stated that there was a disclaimer on the website warning us of the construction disturbance.
He confirmed that they were still selling out all of their rooms and when I showed him the videos I had taken of how loud the noise was he simply nodded and said, "yup that's construction".

In my opinion there are far too many hotels in Seattle with amazing customer service and great rooms to waste money at the Warwick right now while their staff aren't doing anything to appease their guests during construction.
We paid exactly the same price they normally charge sans construction.
We go to Seattle at least once a month for pleasure and usually rotate out stays between 3 major hotels and we will avoid this one for awhile.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank travel_princess82
Thank you for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel and for your review on Trip Advisor. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced due to our renovations.

I am not sure who you spoke with on site, but I will tell you that you are absolutely correct that we know where the work will be performed each day. While it was not the hotel manager you spoke with (that is me), I would love any information you can provide on who you did speak with so that I may then in turn speak with them. It is not appropriate to provide this incorrect information.

Our 7th floor was completed early on in the project and since you stayed in December it is likely that this was completed in advance of your stay. Because our building is solid concrete noise involving vibration travels quite well (such as drilling) whereas normal hotel guest noise is suppressed quite well. Fortunately renovations are not common so most of the time this is a great benefit to our guests, not the inconvenience you experienced.

I assure you that I will be looking into this further as best I can without knowing who you are or your exact dates of stay. Should you be willing to reach out to me so I can be better informed, and possibly convince you to give us another chance in the future, I would be honored to speak with you.

Although I know the window renovations have created challenges with noise and relaxation, please know that these efforts have been undertaken to further improve the guest experience we can offer our valued guests through the improvement of our building. Your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us.

Thank you for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel. I invite you to return for your next trip to Seattle.

Hollister, CA
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The location is really nice...downtown within walking distance of the market, great shopping, fabulous food etc.. We stayed 5 nights over New Years. The hotel room itself was fine but nothing special. Housekeeping did a poor job. We made our reservations by phone so never looked online to see that construction was going on. They told us at check in but what were we supposed to do then? It was not supposed to start until 8:30 or 9 each morning but started at 7:30!!! And it was right over our heads. Even the bell man commented on it. They offered to move us to the side of the hotel without a view of the Space Needle but that is why we booked the room in the first place....for the fireworks. But frankly it was the attitude of the desk staff that really angered me. Derrick especially who was patronizingly apologetic without ever looking us in the face. Had it not been for Bill the bellman who listened to our pain and arranged a lovey ride to the airport for us on Thursday, I would have given the hotel a worse review. I have news for the desk and administrative staff at the Warwick. I have money to spend on travel and I will never spend it again at this hotel! It would have taken so little to make me feel valued as a customer instead of having Derrick say "I'm sorry" without ever looking me in the face or offering me some little perk for my inconvenience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank 49erlover
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel. I was very disheartened to read your remarks and am embarrassed at the experience you had. Please accept my sincerest apologies. Unfortunately I am not able to determine who you are from your Trip Advisor review, but should you read this please contact me at the hotel. I would like to discuss further with you and make things right with you for your next stay in Seattle. Additionally, by learning your name you will provide me with the opportunity to trace who your interactions were with and speak to them about what transpired. You as our guest are our number one focus and the service you received does not appear to meet the high expectations and standards I have for my team. I take personal responsibility for this shortcoming and ask for your forgiveness.

Thank you for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel. Please do stay again so you may experience what a stay at Warwick is truly about.

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I really liked this hotel and thought it was good value. Great location and easy enough to walk to most places. Had great views of the Space Needle and glimpses of the water. The room was great (what you expect in a hotel room). What I liked most was the friendly and helpful staff, they were great. I also thought the place had a nice feel - not the usual sterile hotel style. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank AussiePerthGirl
Thank you for such a kind review on Trip Advisor. It means the world to us that you found the team friendly and helpful. That is why we are here!

Thank you for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel. Please continue to have safe travels, and should you come to Seattle again in the future I invite you to return for another excellent stay.