“We will be back but bring our own pillows!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Warwick Seattle

Warwick Seattle
Ranked #45 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Victoria, Canada
“We will be back but bring our own pillows!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Booked into the Warwick for a long weekend in Mid-March after getting a great deal on HotWire. Location is perfect, room was just fine for 4 of us (me, the wife, 2 kids). Kids loved the pool, so did we.
Only bummer was the pillows. They sort of felt old and at the end of their pillowy life. Throw them away.
Yeah, I wish parking was cheaper. Let us self-park for $20 a day, no worries about valet!
Yeah, I wish wifi was included, that's a cheap and easy inclusion regardless or room rate.
As a HotWire deal, we got the 4th floor so not much of a view but we didn't care. The staff is great and its fun to stay in the heart of the city.
Location is fantastic, we walked everywhere except the museum of flight. Lots of colourful characters nearby, a decent grocery across the street and lots of good restaurants within stumbling distance.

Room Tip: bring yer own pillows!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank NC M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Korean first
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I purchased a one night stay through an internet deal that included wifi and self parking at a great price. I had never stayed here before and had doubts even with the great reviews online. When we arrived, we were given instructions on how to get access the self parking. Unfortunately, there are only stairs (no elevator) to get up and down from the various levels so if you are parked higher, remember to grab everything you need from your car! From the outside, the hotel looked old and the lobby was small and dim. Check in was fast and Jesse was friendly and great in providing us all the information we required. When we got up to the room, we were pleasantly surprised to find a nicely decorated room with a bar fridge, room safe, flat screen tv (although channels are not in HD), and slippers! We called for an extra pair of slippers and they were delivered immediately upon our request. The washroom was a bit small but functional and stocked with Soames and Gilchrist bath and soap products. Wifi is accessible by code and limited to 5 devices. I did not have any issues logging in on my iPhone but our Blackberry device had a weak signal. There were a set of outlets next to one side of the bed and a power bar inset in the desk for charging all your devices. Also, there was a small juliet balcony where we had a view of 4th Avenue and the monorail. The bed was nice and firm which was great after a long day of walking. There are a bunch of Tom Douglas restaurants steps away including Serious Pie, Dahlia Lounge/Bakery, and Lola. Shopping is only a few blocks away as well as Pike Place Market. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Wilmington, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I recently took a trip to the West Coast - started in Seattle and worked our way down through Oregon and California. This was our first hotel, we stayed two nights. I called as we were arriving into Seattle and they were accommodating and set up our reservation immediately so we could check in. I was a bit surprised at $35 a night to pay for parking in the adjoining deck, but as I found out later in my trip, this isn't much different anywhere else you go on the West Coast. At least we had the option to self park (other hotels are more expensive for parking and *require* valet parking at an off-site location).
I asked for a room with a view and was advised it'd be about $20 more per night. I should have asked specifically for Space Needle view, as that's more what I was seeking, rather than just city view, but it was still pretty panoramic and gave us a nice look over the city (although I don't know if I'd pay more for the same thing again).
It was about a 10-15 minute walk to the Pike Place Market, and about the same to the Space Needle or shopping district. Very central location, grocery store right across the sidewalk which was nice for a bottle of wine to take back to the room or a bite to eat. Bartender was fantastic in the restaurant downstairs (I think his name was Dave?) and he shared stories of his adventures with whale watching, as well as made great recommendations for our trip.
One downside was the outlet situation in the room. We had one outlet on the desk by the TV. I would have liked to have options to plug things in elsewhere, but we worked it out.
Overall a nice place - a bit expensive but based on location and good service, was worth it to us.

Room Tip: Be specific if you are looking for a room on a high floor with a "view" - if you want the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I think this could be a good place for business travel, but it didn't hit the mark for us wanting to just really kick back and be on vacation for a day. No robes in the room.We asked for them and got them. However, we had to follow up after about 40 minutes when we hadn't received them yet. The toilet ran. Had to jiggle the handle to make it stop running. The smell of cigarette smoke came in from the vent in the top of the closet. If we kept the closet door shut it wasn't too bad, but it was still pretty gross. It's an older property that they've tried to keep renovated. Loved the marble shower and the shower head. Loved that the room had lots of plug-ins. Breakfast room service was on time and the food was decent. Best to eat out when you're there, since you in the center of an area with sooooo many good restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank GinaDu72
Tim B, General Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your review. I was disappointed that you experienced concerns with your stay. Please accept my apologies for the oversight with your toilet. This should not have missed room inspection and I will politely remind the department heads involved so they can remedy this more thoroughly for future guests.

Our entire hotel is non-smoking, so I am surprised you had issues with smoke coming through your ventilation system. It is rare that guests violate our no smoking policy. Please rest assured knowing that this should never be a repeat occurrence.

If you wish to provide any more feedback regarding your stay I would love to speak with you in more depth. Thank you again for your review, and thank you for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel. I invite you to return again in the future and wish you the most enjoyable and safe travels.

Best,

Cannon Beach, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

It wasn't worth the price paid. There wasn't a continental breakfast. Parking was $37 per night for hotel guests (highest in Seattle). No available electrical outlets in the main room; to plug in a laptop, you had to move a chair near the bathroom & use the one outlet for the coffee machine. The entry to the bathroom (which two people could not fit into) was blocked anytime the small closet was opened. Could not put both travel suitcases in the same closet. We tried 3 different rooms (problems with noise, musty smells). Customer service was so-so. Often told 'I don't know" when inquiries made. (the valet attendant was more helpful). We eventually switched hotels after two nights to the Sheraton.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kathleen C
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I would love to speak with you in more detail about your stay, so please do not hesitate to reach out to me at the hotel if you desire. Based on your review, I am unsure of how we have been misleading in our advertising. The pictures on our website are legitimate pictures of our rooms and hotel, not a model room or similar shot off location. We try very hard to fully disclose exactly what we have to offer as we want everyone who stays with us to be satisfied. It would not benefit the hotel or our valued guest if we cannot meet expectations upon arrival. In fact, it is certainly a detriment to both.

I did note some comments that were incorrect, and for the benefit of any who read your review I would like to take a moment to clarify. Our parking is far from the highest in the market. We charge $28.69 before tax for either valet or self-park in our attached garage (unlimited in and out privileges). After tax (22%) this total is $35. On our website we list $35 as our parking charge so that no one is surprised by the steep tax that is charged on this service in our area. Many hotels and garages do not list the pricing in this fashion so it is important to check when reserving. We are on the lower half of hotels for parking expense based on the latest pricing survey completed by the third party company who manages our garage. If you feel the above is not what you were charged, please do let me know.

I also noted that you said there were no available electrical outlets in the main room. Each room comes equipped with multiple universal outlets (no convertor is needed for international travelers) in each living room that are not being utilized. These are located at the headboard just above the nightstand (most rooms) and in the desk (all rooms).

Once more, I encourage you to reach out to me personally so we can discuss your concerns further. Your detailed feedback will prove beneficial for me in ensuring satisfaction for future guests. There is nothing more important to us than the satisfaction of our guests. I invite you to return on your next trip to Seattle so that we have an opportunity to change your view of our hotel. I am confident that Warwick Seattle Hotel will meet and exceed your expectations as we do so often for so many others. I look forward to speaking with you.

Warm regards,

Issaquah, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

We're local to Seattle & well-traveled internationally, but the Seattle Warwick is our go-to-hotel when we have an occasion to stay in town. We've stayed here at least 6 times & find it to be consistently reliable. The staff is attentive and service from the front desk, bar, and room service has always been excellent. Plus, if you're celebrating a birthday or anniversary, be sure to tell them when you book your reservation... they acknowledge it with a small split of wine, a plate of macaroons, and a bottle of water--it's a nice touch. The rooms are clean, all have a great view whether you're facing the space needle, city, or towards Puget Sound. The corner rooms are our favorites--aim for the 11th floor or higher for less street noise & better views. All of the rooms we've had came with a mini-fridge--some were empty (there for your personal use) & others are stocked as a mini-bar (front desk will provide a key & you pay for what you consume). If you're not familiar with Seattle, the hotel is centrally located & within easy walking distance to Pioneer Square, Pike Place Market, Seattle Center, Space Needle, Seattle waterfront, shopping, Seattle Art Museum, & Cinerama movie theater. If you're flying in to Seattle, the DowntownAirporter conveniently drops you off right at the Warwick & there's a local bus stop across the street.

Room Tip: Corner rooms on the higher levels (11th floor or higher) offer the best views!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pagels_travels
It was very nice to read remarks from someone who has stayed with us repeatedly. I am glad to see that we continue to provide a good service that you appreciate. Please know we recognize the trust you place in us by choosing us as your hotel while in Seattle. We greatly appreciate that you do so.

I invite you to stay with us again the next time you plan an overnight in Seattle. It is a pleasure being your hotel of choice.

Best regards,

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

For the money this is a very well situated hotel in the heart of downtown seattle. My room was a double queen - nicely decorated with a contemporary look. Each room has it's own thermostat which is nice - none of those awful HVAC units. I ordered room service each morning which was prompt and efficient. The staff were friendly and helpful. It could use a bit of an update - the safe is too small for a laptop, the lobby could use a little work, the bathrooms were fine not the best, but fine. I would stay here again. The attached restaurant however is awful (the drinks are good though). There is great food in Seattle so no need to eat poorly.

Room Tip: A higher floor is nice - good views to be had.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review and for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel. I was pleased that, overall, you enjoyed our hotel. I did note that you had a bad experience with the restaurant. Please know that I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about this should you desire. It is only through the feedback of our valued guests that we can continually improve our operations and subsequently the guest experience. The experience of our guests is of the utmost importance to each of us.

I would consider it a privilege to be your hotel of choice once more should your travels bring you back to Seattle. I encourage you to let us know if we can be of any future assistance. Once more, thank you for staying with us.

Best,