“Executive room with a view”
Review of Warwick Seattle

Warwick Seattle
Ranked #45 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was in a good location - about a 15 minute walk to Pike Market and the sea front. We were lucky enough to be on a high floor with a good view and the executive room was a good size with the usual bland corporate feel.

I didn't feel any particular specialness about the hotel - it was fine but the desk staff were a bit curt. The free continental breakfast we had with our deal was very basic - mainly sugary cakes. It is charged at $10 on the menu, but only had a $6.50 value if we wanted to put it towards a cooked breakfast. I wouldn't rush to stay here again, but it wasn't offensive - just middle of the road!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scarlet-Poppy
Tim B, General Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I greatly appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know about your experience. I will share your comments with the Guest Services Manager about the desk staff coming across curt. Service is our first priority and everything we do must exude that.

If your travels bring you back to the Emerald City in the future I invite you to stay with us again.

Warwick Seattle Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,963)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

As I was a very late arrival and I had told them I would be late, I was greeted by name which was a very sweet touch. The check in and check out process was very quick and the staff are very friendly. The room is really nice as is the bathroom. The balcony is very narrow but it’s enough to check the weather each day so you know whether it’s cold or not. I was on the 3rd floor so my view was the cinema across the street which has a very, very bright sign. I believe you can see the space needle from higher floors. I used the business centre which was good. It seems to be equal distance between the Space Needle and Pike Place so it was really convenient to walk everywhere. Overall, it was a great experience. Do the duck tour - it's totally worth it!

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for choosing Warwick Seattle for your latest trip to the Emerald City. It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed your time here. An excellent experience for each of our guests is our goal, and it is always nice to hear how your stay went.

Thank you for staying with us, please come see us again on your next Seattle adventure!

Best,

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Customer service is top rate.always nice to go back and see a familiar face.rooms are comfortable and clean.and the restaurant next door has good food.easy to get to pikes and all attractions from this location. This is always my go to place when I visit Seattle.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your repeat patronage! It is such a pleasure to welcome back our frequent travelers such as yourself. Please have safe travels and we will see you next time!

Best,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Attending a wedding in Seattle, I skipped earning SPG points at the Westin or Sheraton to try the Warwick - and I didn't regret forgoing the points. From my interactions, I can attest that the Warwick staff has been well trained in customer service. The location is excellent - one block from the Moore Theater, within a block of several Tom Douglas restaurants, a couple of blocks from the "subway" you can ride to Pioneer Square. Pike Place Market is a short walk - the Sunday afternoon I was there I quickly realized the Warwick garage was the closest parking space I could get to Pike Place - and also Kress IGA Supermarket, a good place to buy snacks and drinks if you don't want to break the seal on the in-room minibar.

The only drawback to the Warwick is that it doesn't have an ice machine on each floor. I was fortunate to get a room on the 15th floor, which does have an ice machine, but I noticed a sign in the elevator that listed the floors having ice machines - and there were only about four floors on the list.

(The Warwick is a "traditional" hotel, which is the type I prefer... but I mention it only because some in the wedding party opted to stay at the nearby Hyatt Place for its check-in kiosks, 24-hour "deli" in the lobby, and studio-style rooms with separate sitting area.)

Room Tip: If you're going to pick up a case of sodas at the IGA or across the street at Ralph's, you m...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

I am glad you liked our location and enjoyed your stay with us in Seattle. Taking care of our guests and helping to create a positively memorable experience is important to us. I hope that the wedding you were attending also went great and that your travels back to Florida were safe.

Thank you for choosing Warwick.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here on a photography expedition just for the view, and discovered a great family of hotels.

The view produced amazing photos.
The room was beautiful, stylish and comfortable.
Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room was clean and balcony opens to let you step out and further enjoy the view.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

It was excellent news to read that we are your new favorite chain. As you experience Warwick in other cities in the future I am confident you will come to note that the service and experience we strive to provide here is given equal attention and detail at all of our other locations. Thank you for your review and for staying with us.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel on 2 different occasions and had an overall pleasant and comfortable stay. The hotel is in a great location and within walking distance to the Space Needle and those attractions or to the Pikes Place Market. We even had a Space Needle view one of our stays that was amazing. There is also excellent shopping and dining options very close to the hotel and you can walk anywhere. The rooms are comfortable and nicely furnished but not to a 4 star luxury level. So if you need a luxury hotel this may not be the best choice. I would call it a 3-star. The staff are very accommodating. Caleb the bellhop went out of his way not only to assist us with our bags but to call cabs for us - that was beyond what he was required to do. Also, an older gentleman who worked at the concierge really gave us terrific advice on where to go and what to do to have an itinerary that would make them happy. The only negative experience we had was to get a knock at the door at 8:00am on a Saturday morning from housekeeping attempting to clean our room. That is really to early to disturb the guests and it really ruined our sleep. That is one improvement management should definitely make. Overall we like the Warwick very much and would return and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Ask for the Space Needle view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review and for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed both of your stays with us. I did note that housekeeping disturbed you rather early, and please know that I did bring this to the attention of the department head. I agree that 8am is too early to be interrupted.

Once more, thank you for staying with us. I invite you to return again on your next trip to Seattle.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

A nice hotel room in a good central location, but do not leave anything valuable unattended. I am unable to prove the below story because the hotel does not want to check security tapes, but I am very close to certain that the below happened.

We arrived at noon on June 13th, and our room was not ready yet. I did not want to cart around my luggage, so I very unwisely left my wallet inside of my bag in the baggage storage room, taking only one credit card and my license with me. When I picked up my bag, everything was still there.

I later logged into our bank account and found that transactions totaling $1,100 were charged to my bank account on June 14th and 15th.

I then checked two credit card accounts and found that well over $1,000 of fraudulent transactions were charged to a Paypal account, as well as fragrance.com (although all of these charges were declined by the credit card company). The only card not charged with fraudulent transactions was the one I had with me when I left my bag in the hotel. I also don't use one of the credit cards used for fraudulent transactions whatsoever, so it was not feasible that it was stolen electronically or at a retail location.

We have called the hotel three times, and they have been unresponsive, merely saying "We will look into it." I really would have expected them to take our information and have some sort of an investigation or look at security tapes. We have also contacted Warwick Headquarters, and they have not responded yet.

So, in conclusion, I recommend against keeping anything valuable in your luggage. Also, they don't have a safe in the hotel room, and if they do have a safe behind the hotel desk, they should offer the use of it for any valuables before storing your luggage. Although I definitely should have not have left my wallet in my bag, both of these would alleviate these kinds of security concerns. I am still working on getting the $1,100 back into my bank account.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nthomas27

Dear nthomas27,

Thank you for your comments. Because I have never been contacted by you I am unable to assist you with your remarks. It is unfortunate that what I consider to be false allegations have been made concerning the honesty and integrity of the hotel. At this time I have not been contacted by you, nor has a member of our corporate team. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you, so know you are more than welcome to reach out to me at the hotel.

Our bellman store luggage near the Front Desk and it is unlikely they would ever be in a position to take the time to go through one’s belongings without being noticed. We also have a seasoned team with no allegations against them performing these services. Lastly, all team members regardless of department are subjected to criminal background screenings to help ensure a safe and secure environment for our travelers.

It is unfortunate that unsubstantiated claims of this nature have been made against Warwick Seattle. Our company philosophy is one where taking care of our guests is our first priority without hesitation.

Once more, know that I would welcome the opportunity to discuss with your further. Thank you again for your comments and please have continued safe travels.

Regards,