“Only as a last resort! It was clean & that's all the good I can say...”
Review of Hotel Seattle

Hotel Seattle
Ranked #98 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Only as a last resort! It was clean & that's all the good I can say...”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This place needs shut down and renovated or convert it to something else. It's that simple...

First, there is no AC - just a window you can open/close... and the heat - if needed - is from an ancient radiator... You will not be able to adjust the climate to your liking! Better hope the weather is exactly how you like it!

I checked in on a Sunday evening - knowing how it is when the AM rush for hot water in the shower comes - I decided to take a warm shower. I found the water to be unable to produce any heat - until right as I was completing my shower... the pipes did a little banging and clanking (literally moving the shower head in & out of the wall itself) and then finally starting getting some warmth... Too late... I was over it.

It is an old facility and it simply has not been maintained... For example, there is an exposed drain pipe between floors in the bathroom... paint was peeling off all over it. The faux/drop-down ceiling bars are rusted and crusty looking... It doesn't cost that much $$$ to maintain those aspects and they don't even do that...

Another example of how rundown & poorly maintained this place is... They don't even provide a simple AM/FM/Alarm clock-radio bedside... The TV? Well... An old tube-based set that doesn't even appear to have basic cable... Scratch any in-room entertainment...

You want WiFi? Forget about it... You can go down to the lobby and ask for the password and they have a little old Belkin router sitting there... Don't expect to work from your room at all!

The restauraunt... mediocre breakfast... I won't beat up on them too much, but go ahead and look elsewhere... you can probably do far far better... It wasn't bad... just not "good"...

The bed was a bit spongy, the comforter & sheets looked to be clean & acceptable... And for me a BIG problem was that you could not close the blinds to block out the ambient downtown light. I like it dark when I sleep! I tried to rig a comforter up but their dilapidated curtain rod (barely hanging in there to begin with) but it only covered half the window... Of course as I sit here in a far better hotel (I switched after 1st night) I see they too don't seem to like the darkness!

There was even more wrong, but I'm ready for those memories from last night to fade...

Buyer beware... If you're homeless and cold in a snowstorm.... this is your place if it's all you can afford... You're stuck in town and every other hotel room is reserved..... It'll do...

Tetanus shots should be complimentary here...

Room Tip: A good room is somewhere else...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bhehe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Czech first
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Hotel personnel was rude, not just one of them but two. They didn't say what time check out was, what level our room was on or anything, just handed us the key. Which is actually still a regular door knob and key. The headboard was so squeaky that everytime you moved, it woke you up. The paint is chipped and nothing is updated. If you want just a place to crash out after a Seahawks game it is in a pretty good location. I thought I wouldn't care about how the hotel was and that I just wanted a place to sleep, but then I realized I was wrong when i could not even sleep; you definitely get what you pay for and this was the cheapest one I could find somewhat close to Century Link Field.

• Stayed October 2012

Travellers are raving about these Seattle hotels

New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We entered and immediately noticed the doors and elevator wide open to the city streets.
Older Hotel and should go by the name MOTEL! Old everything...room, bedding, walls, mold, muggy. etc. Wall were thin the air conditioning was the windows opens (no screens).
We needed a bed for the night, this is not the place if you are looking for comfort and quiet.
Very poor quality. We had to leave. We mentioned the quality and lack of air conditioning immediately it took us 4 hours to find another hotel, we maybe spent 20 minutes in the room but because we did not leave immediately and the clerk did not record our concern we were not given a refund because we were there 4 hours.
I did book through Kayak which is owned by Expedia so because they were not refunded neither were we.
Terrible 4 hours and frankly but customer service by Expedia and poor paper to pen recording of our concerns.

Room Tip: Read the reviews.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Melissa4642
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Though this hotel didn't have cockroaches it looked like a roach motel! When we first walked in the hotel, I noticed that the plaster was cracked and coming off of the ceiling and walls! Check in is at 3:00, we arrived at 3:15 and our room was not ready! So of course I needed to use the restroom, the door had no lock and there were holes in the plaster and walls where I could see the lathe every where I looked and it was filthy!!! We finally get our room and take the creaky, creepy two person elevator, it opens up to a dark,dank hallway with dirty, stinky, stained carpet! It's an image I could imagine to be in a Steven King Novel!!! Our room was even worse! The head boards and lamp shades had a thick layer of dust and dirt, the lamp shades also had splattered soda, I'm guessing, on the inside! The bathroom was moldy and dirty with the only outlet for the room next to the shower wall! No towel hooks or anywhere to put your toiletry's. I was afraid to sleep in the bed for fear of bed bugs! There were only 8 fuzzy cable channels No air conditioning so we had to sleep with the window open and you could hear everything. And the customer service was lousy, no help at all!!! The owner should be embarrassed and ashamed at the condition of this hotel! It should be condemned!!! I would have changed hotels but their cancellation policy is ridiculous and I would have ended up paying for my three nights stay either way! I also have pictures which I will try and post later.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here!!! Not worth the price at all!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Despite all the negative comments on this hotel, I chose this one because of the price and location.
All other hotels in the area were much more expensive. So I was ready for a compromise.
I received a quite room on the 9th floor with two double beds.Although the decor in the room was quite outdated and old furniture, the room was clean, clean sheets and towels. Best of all, we were close to many tourist attractions. This made it very worth while.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NiliK
Albany, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We arrived to a dark dingy room with no air conditioning system, temp at 90+ degrees. Dried toilet paper stuck to lid of toilet. General condition of room was basic shabby with no upgrades in the last decade or so.
We asked about air and they have none.
We asked about parking, NONE.
Closest parking was #37.50 a day.
We had expected basic items like air conditioning when we reserved, so cancelled our stay. They charged us for the first night. That's not right.
What a dump.

Room Tip: Book some where else. Even in the winter months, the old steam radiator heaters are likely usless.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I reserved my stay months in advance, for august 17th, the gentlemen I called to reserve my stay was helpful and nice, I gave him my debit card number to assure my stay and gave me a reservation number. I told him I would be paying cash when I came in on the 17th, and he ok'd that with me.
So it came as a huge dissapointment when I arrived, I signed in and was all ready and the deskwoman swiped my card(I said I was paying cash) and told me my card was declined. I told her I had no money in my account so she grabbed her manager, who was sooo rude. Over the top, raising his voice. Told me I could not pay cash, and raised the price of the room. And said I had to pay a 50 dollar cash deposit. I spent 200 on a dirty room where there was mold and the ceiling was falling in a little with very poor guest service. I will NEVER GO BACK! Do not stay here.

• Stayed August 2012