“If only I'd checked the reviews!”
Review of Hotel Seattle

Hotel Seattle
Ranked #98 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Portland, Oregon
“If only I'd checked the reviews!”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

The worst! Filthy. Carpets throughout the hotel stained and dirty. Layers of dirt behind doors. Cigarette burns in the bedding. Bugs in the elevator. Wallpaper falling off the walls in the room. Blechh :(. I just went on to Expedia to find a decent room for the night reasonably near the train station. But Motel 6 would have been far better. Disgusting.Thoroughly disgusting. The only up side was that the young woman behind the desk, while powerless, was sweet and apologetic.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank portlan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Czech first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 April 2013

The ONLY good thing you can say about this hotel is the location. The rest is beyond terrible. I give this a rating of one because there are no negative numbers here. The hotel is filthy, it stinks and is poorly run. Whats more - if you are driving its not as cheap as it looks because there is no parking. You have to pay 38 bucks a day for parking a block away (and that's only if you don't use your car at all - it works out to be more if you exit and enter the garage multiple times).

Do yourself a favor and stay away - this place sucks!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank vssami

Travellers are raving about these Seattle hotels

Cottage Grove, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I've stayed in hotels that have been budget (at a much lower price, cleaner with no problems), as was repeatedly pointed out to me, during my complaints. BUT this went beyond BUDGET. Wish I had read the reviews before I booked. Check in is 2PM, we got there about 2:30, rooms (2) were not ready & were told that we could wait in the lobby 'cuz it should only be about 1/2 hour. Had plans & didn't want to leave our luggage in the car. With some trepidation, left it behind front desk (all was fine when we picked it up), returned at 5:30PM & rooms still were not READY!!! Reason=very simple, they had a full house the night before (& I suspect only I housekeeper). Ok, room finally really at 6PM, now the problems really begin. Get to the 1st room, dirty, wallpaper falling off, hotter than heck, tv sporadic. 2nd room, filthy, trash under the bed, tv not working at all, no heat & radiator doesn't work. Both rooms have 2 wall plugs in them, with extension cords-but doesn't reach tv! Back down to lobby, asked for housekeeper to return to 2nd room, NOPE, gone for the day. So then asked for a vaccum to do it ourselves, refused again. When complaining about tv in room #1, was told that room always has problems with tv reception. I told them that I felt they owed me a 6 hr. refund for waiting for our rooms, since I knew that they wouldn't let us stay past check-out. Once again-refused. Clerk was fairly polite but very condescending. While speaking to him, he was turning away customers with confirmed reservations saying that expedia.com had overbooked the hotel & he had a stack of people he was going to be dealing with. I wanted to tell them that they were really LUCKY. I asked him for the name of the owner of the hotel & he said he didn't know (?), that Joel (manager) signed his checks. And upon checkout I got to deal with him, never been treated so rudely in my life. Basically told me that I get what I pay for & said that he doesn't know the name of the owner either. Hard to believe! I am so going to the Better Business Bureau & Building & Safety (we found an open electrical box next to the elevator & took pictures of everything to substantiate our claims). Thought it would be fun to stay in a quaint hotel (this went FAR beyond that). Only GOOD thing? It was within walking distance to alot of fun things. JUST GLAD I ONLY BOOKED US FOR ONE NITE!!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel, even if you have to pay more, definitely would be worth it. I wish I had somethi...
Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Jude Q
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Slept in a chair all night because my sheets were DIRTY! So here's the list:
Fecal matter and pubic hair on the wall next to toilet, trash and food under the bed, TV ancient and did not work, thick orange shag carpet full of food crumbs and glitter, outlets in bath room did not work, wallpaper coming of the wall, and I could go on and on. I would not let my dog sleep in this place!!! I have the photos to back this up.
My advise, don't stay there.

Room Tip: There were no good rooms at this hotel. Dirtiest place I've ever stayed!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Joann H
London
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

For the price you are paying, you get what you pay for. For 88 dollars or so which I have been in two different rooms for a week, the hotel itself is really drab looking and you can notice that you will be getting basic amenities straight away.
When I first arrived the rooms needed to be cleaned so waited for a while.The staff are friendly and helpful providing as much support as possible. However when I got into the room, the room is outdated like a motel with dull brown colour and just a sliding window to open and close. No air conditioning, no proper heating as such with old pipe radiator in a corner, no proper wifi, no modern TV, and no kettle, tea or coffee. What you only get is the essentials, soap, shampoo and towels. I didnt like the shower tap, its hit and miss to get hot water or water coming from the shower head. Only gripe I have which is the worst thing was the noise, a loud clanging sound from the water piping in the bathroom at 11pm and 5am sharp, first night this scared me but over the week, I had to get used to it whether I liked to or not. If you are on a basic budget and you cant afford anything else go for this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank guinnesslee
Reviewed 12 January 2013

There's a problem with pipeline and it went on for 5 hours late at night and when I called the front desk they told me their building itself was old there's nothing they could do and insisted at least they gave me a room slept only 3 hours between 6 to 9 am I asked them if they can give me another hour to check out since I couldn't sleep because the pipe banging noise the said absolutely not u get what u paid for its dirty and old and older guy at the front desk is extremely rude

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Sxc14a89
Stockton, California
Reviewed 10 November 2012

If you are looking for posh, look elsewhere. The carpet is stained, some wallpaper is loose, the rooms are small, there is no towel rack, the exhaust fan in the bathroom comes on with the bathroom light. Having said that, Hotel Seattle was a good choice. The room, towels and linen are clean. The hotel is convenient to the waterfront and Pike Place Market and restaurants and cafes. It is a half block from the urban transit train station, and the people at the desk are most helpful. And the cost is quite reasonable. Recommended. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front. The street was quiet at night. OTOH, maybe all of the rooms are on the...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business