“I wish there was a worse review # than 'ZERO'”
Review of Hotel Seattle

Hotel Seattle
Ranked #98 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 29 September 2013

worst dump I've every stayed at. it was cold and rainy in Seattle. the room had NO HEAT! Was told the first time I called to the front desk "Don't worry, it's on a timer, it'll come on later.", then 2 hours later (after huddling under the covers), "it might come on later, some rooms are colder than others." After another hour, personally went to the front desk and was told "Nothing I can do for you. I can give you another blanket, or check you out." this after full payment done (no reimbursement), or the offer of another room that 'might be colder than the one you're in'. It was stormy and cold and wet out, the heat NEVER came on once all night. we couldn't wait to get out of there this morning.

Room Tip: NEVER book this hotel at any price.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank PortMoodyKarenr

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed at Hotel Seattle for 3 nights before we took a cruise to Alaska.

The Hotel is centrally located in Downtown Seattle. We were therefore able to cover the sites in Downtown Seattle by walk.

The rooms are somewhat small and a bit worn. This is the price one must pay for a reasonably priced Hotel in Downtown Seattle - US$ 95 in mid-June!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank giridharmurthy
Reviewed 27 September 2013

You get what you pay for, and you cannot get a room this cheap anywhere near Seattle's downtown otherwise. If you are like me though, and enjoy the city and barely see your hotel room by the time you crash, all you need is a clean bed, and the Hotel Seattle delivers.

The hotel has only had moderate renovations over its 80 year history, and its age shows. I stayed here for two nights, the second night, one of the power strips in my room went out. I just pushed the TV to the other side of the room, plugged it in and was able to get a good night's sleep. At home, I live in a house built in 1871, so I was probably more at home than others might be. There is a starbucks right at the base of the hotel, so if you are still stuck on Eastern time like I was, you don't have to wander far to kill time in the morning. Though Pike's Market is only a few blocks away, so was the yummy Purple Wine Bar and Cafe.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Troubbble X
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This was the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Arrived after my partner and I had booked the room two days before and was told "I dont have a room for you" by Richard at front desk followed by "it won't do you any good" to ask the manager (Joel) for compensation for your hour long journey to the hotel to find out there's no room. Not one apology or even an apologetic tone to Richards voice. I understand mistakes happen but to be delt with in such a rude and dismissive manner made me very angry. Also Hotel lobby looked like a backpackers and was dirty and shabby. Would rather spend the night in the alley behind the hotel with the beggars that seem to frequent the area. Terrible.

• Stayed: September 2013
7  Thank Ollie B
Reviewed 17 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Mahalia N
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Well, after reading these reviews I was incredibly nervous about staying here because there wasn't much good said. I stayed last night and would probably stay again. The rooms are kind of meh, like holes in the curtains and the blanket and the wallpaper is slightly peeling off but those are all just cosmetic and the room was clean otherwise. The lobby is nice with couches and chairs where you can use their wifi. I met some cool people while sitting out there and it's really cool (hot upstairs) because they leave the front door open. The front desk people are super chill and nice, I liked it quite a bit. But yes, it's run down and the elevator is bad but all this stuff doesn't really matter to me. It was clean, did what it needed to do, and had a good atmosphere. Oh also a bit loud, but I assume everywhere in Seattle is that way

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mary T
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I booked this hotel for my husband and I for two nights in August through Expedia, where you don't know which hotel you are in until you have booked it, and cannot cancel. We usually stay in one of the Best Westerns in the Seattle area on our frequent trips there. The Hotel Seattle is quite the worst place I have ever stayed. As others have mentioned, it was quite the worst place I can ever remember staying. Stained carpets, everything old and dingey, a double bed instead of a queen, and even no coffee maker in room. We went next door to the recommended restaurant for breakfast and the waitress was so rude that I left before ordering. The fellow at the front desk at the hotel was very pleasant and informative when we checked in, and the only other good thing I can say about this hotel is the location, as you can walk everywhere easily in the downtown area, the Pike Place market and down to the piers on the waterfront.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple