“The worst hotel I've ever stayed in!!!!!”
Review of Hotel Seattle

Hotel Seattle
Ranked #98 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 19 May 2009

I thought for$130 a night, the room would have to be SOMEWHAT decent, it was TERRIBLE! My friends and I joked it looked as though a crime took place there!!! Stains on the walls, dirty bath tub, NO updates, bedspreads were dirty (didn't fit the bed) I literally felt sick to my stomach! But there were NO other available rooms in Seattle so we stayed there. I would never in a million years go back to that hotel, even if someone PAID ME!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
5  Thank aspenkmc

Reviewed 22 October 2008

Hotel Seattle
where the sheets have 3 different colors of hair.
But that is ok
because they were clean on the second day.
The bathroom made my friend cringe.
She asked if I brought flip flops and sanitizer spray.
The dirty shag carpet didn't stop at the wall.
It crawled up at least another three inches.
I'd give it one star,
but I saw The Shining, and that was worse.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank expressoparking
Reviewed 13 October 2008

We needed a place to stay in Seattle prior to catching an early morning Amtrak train to Portland. We looked around the train station but there is not much there. We were dropping our Hertz car off at the Hilton downtown and just wanted a place to spend the night. I called the Hotel Seattle based on it's location on tourist map near the Hilton. I didn't have access to internet to research any reviews, so did not see any until after our stay. The location is great, virtually next door to the high end hotels. It was half the price of the Hilton so we thought we would give it a try. When we checked in, I asked about a AAA discount, but the clerk's response was "What's that?". That was the first time I ever heard of a hotel desk clerk (in US) not knowing what AAA was. Our room could have been used for a low budget movie's version of a run down hotel, threadbare carpets, dingy curtains not quite hanging right, minimal lighting (a strange hanging light in the middle of the room), dingy bathroom. Although it was definitely dingy, it did not appear obviously dirty. No a/c but luckily we didn't need it. The bed was not particularly comfortable, a little on the boucy side and with two people you both definitely gravitated to the middle. There was no clock in the room, but we did get the wake up call we requested.

It was ok for spending the one night, I wouldn't want to spend more. On the positive side, it was a great safe location, quick taxi ride to train station, and the shower was great. They have not invested in low flow shower heads so the water pressure was really high. We also really enjoyed the conversation with the desk clerk the next morning. When I mentioned the clerk the previous night had never heard of AAA, he told us that clerk was a moron and that the owner must not have asked him anything but his name in the interview. He went on to say that we should check out the reviews on Trip Advisor, they were listed as one of the worst hotels in Seattle! You gotta love that type of enthusiastic employee!

All in all, it worked for us for one night. But our friend the day clerk did mention that we had one of the nicer rooms! (I definitely don't want to see the not so nice ones!) Recommend you ask to see room before committing.

2  Thank 08NOVA
Reviewed 6 October 2008

Hotel Seattle is right in the heart of downtown, and is perfect walking distance to anything. The room we stayed in was abominable. It smelled like a thrift store, the pillows and blankets were minute, the bathroom belonged to a truck stop. The tile in the floor was cracked, the vent sounded like a wind tunnel, there was mold in every crease and there was no liner to rank-smelling shower curtain. The staff was unfriendly. The cleaning staff's cart was parked infront of our room's door when we first arrived. The maid watched impassively as we put down our luggage and stuggled to move her cart without offering any assistance as we moved it aside to get into our room.

It was a bed for the night near to Seattle's attractions, but that was it.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank teamfightingchicken
Reviewed 1 October 2008

I had read the reviews before I booked and knew what I was getting into. With that in mind, I wasn't surprised. In fact it was better than we expected. Yes, the rooms are outdated, the towels and floormat were thin, limited cable TV and an overall lack of amenities that one is use to in a US hotel. But as one reviewer said "it is like a budget overseas hotel" and I have stayed in several that were in similar condition and I just enjoyed the experience.

The check in and desk service was great. We asked for extra pillows from the maid and got them. We also spent $5 for flowers at Pike Street and they added character to the room.

Location is everything. Our friends stayed at the Fairmont across the street and we stayed for 3 nights what one night cost them. My money went to dinners, trip to Victoria and baseball games.

3  Thank cpalawSpokane
Reviewed 28 September 2008

The only good thing about this hotel is the location. We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights before our cruise to Alaska (room only thank goodness). The hotel decor was depressing the sheets were threadbare and the bathroom the pits. They messed up our booking due to the fact that someone there booked us in the previous weekend so when we arrived on the Friday evening at 10.00pm US time (very tired) after a 10 hour flight they said there was no reservation for us. We had no option but to use our credit card to cover a one nights stay until it was sorted. We then had to wake up at 3.00am to phone the travel agent (due to the time difference) to try and sort it. This did not get sorted properly until the Sunday morning when we were due to leave for the cruise. This spoilt our stay in Seattle.

4  Thank 19,691,972
Reviewed 24 September 2008

We arrived late evening and were only staying overnight before boarding our ship to Alaska. It was modest accommodations and worth the $115 price. Our room was on the 8th floor and had no air conditioning; however, the windows were open to allow for the cool night air. Note that the window have no screens! And, because downtown is very noisy at night, we heard the nighlife from the local clubs and delivery trucks well into the wee hours. Unfortunately, it was not a wonderful location for a restful night's sleep. The restaurant on the lower level offered a WONDERFUL breakfast and allowed us plenty of time to walk to Pike Place Market and enjoy some sightseeing before checking out.

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled with friends