“Hotel Twilight Zone”

Ranked #98 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Atlanta
“Hotel Twilight Zone”
Reviewed 3 September 2010

We checked in, saw the room and checked back out.

I can't add anymore to the description of the ugly, mold infested, creepy room than what has already been said from other reviewers. But I can tell you that it wasn't easy to find another hotel room on a Saturday afternoon. After calling nearly every hotel downton, we lucked out and wound up paying over $200 for the last room available at the Hampton Inn (which was beautiful).

But I still shudder at the memory of my very short stay at the Hotel Seattle.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ATL012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Czech first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 September 2010

I read the reviews…they weren't good…but I thought, well, its just a couple of nights and we will be out and about most of the day...what I didn't remember is this is the only place where we can go home and rest...and its not a place I would recommend to go and relax, it small, dingy, old and not conducive to relaxing. There are only two hard backed chairs in the room to sit on; otherwise there is only the bed. This hotel in general needs TLC. We observed unfinished repair projects which showed wires sticking out of the light indicator above elevator, unfinished "window transom" above lobby entrance, and lots of little things that wouldn't take much time to finish to give hotel a nicer appearance. Some things were just annoying like the only useful plug-in for an equally useless hairdryer (which you have to check out at the desk, I think they only have one) is on the FAR opposite wall from the mirror in the bathroom. The noise from the hallway sounds as if the people in the hall are in your room with you. It is enough to say the staff could give a rip!!! This attitude just trickles down from the manager so forget about appealing to someone higher up. All in all, not only would I not recommend this hotel for any kind of stay, I would picket it if I lived in Seattle to save people from checking in!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
7 Thank IRIS54

Travellers are raving about these Seattle hotels

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Water that went from cold to scalding throughout my fearful shower experience, a broken phone, and if it did work, absolutely no info on how to reach the front desk ( I had to call on my cell from the room!), poorly informed staff and an unresponsive manager, no AC and no clock anywhere in the room.

I would advise anyone to stay anywhere but at the Hotel Seattle!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank thehavens
NorCal
Reviewed 23 September 2009

Downtown was pretty full for Penny Arcade Expo, so we spent three nights here. Every facet of our experience was so comically bad I was waiting for the cameras. The bathroon vanity was falling apart. The bathroom crown moulding WAS mold. There was no water pressure in the morning! I mean, how is that possible? I kept my socks on whenever I was on the carpet. The "restaurant" in the basement took almost an hour to serve scrambled eggs and pancakes to us in an empty room. Why go on? If you can't find a room downtown for your trip, convention, what have you, you're better off staying at the airport or uptown and catching an express bus (or soon the Link light rail).

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
8 Thank IamTooch
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 3 August 2009

The location was great but that's about it. The whole hotel basically looks like every piece of furniture and accessory were taken from a trash bin and placed at the Hotel. We even asked the Front desk person about why a Hotel that has the potential to be amazing (The old building alone is reason to want to preserve this place) and he seemed to care less - though in his defense I'm certain he gets that question a lot.
My partner and one of our friends are both 6'5" and the beds were so small that parts of their legs were hanging off the edge of the bed. Bathroom was incredibly small and slightly dirty. Again location was GREAT! It's a shame really...
Luckily we just needed the room for one night as our cruise left the next day. Thankfully.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
5 Thank ErinmarieX
Washington
Reviewed 19 May 2009

I thought for$130 a night, the room would have to be SOMEWHAT decent, it was TERRIBLE! My friends and I joked it looked as though a crime took place there!!! Stains on the walls, dirty bath tub, NO updates, bedspreads were dirty (didn't fit the bed) I literally felt sick to my stomach! But there were NO other available rooms in Seattle so we stayed there. I would never in a million years go back to that hotel, even if someone PAID ME!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
5 Thank aspenkmc
California
Reviewed 22 October 2008

Hotel Seattle
where the sheets have 3 different colors of hair.
But that is ok
because they were clean on the second day.
The bathroom made my friend cringe.
She asked if I brought flip flops and sanitizer spray.
The dirty shag carpet didn't stop at the wall.
It crawled up at least another three inches.
I'd give it one star,
but I saw The Shining, and that was worse.

• Liked — location, but really, with a rental car, that's not so much of a plus unless you're lazy.
  • Disliked — it's not the year 1960 anymore.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends