“Outstanding Hotel and a Marvelous Location -- within the Pike Place Market”
Review of Inn at the Market

Inn at the Market
Ranked #1 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 June 2011

This luxury hotel is a gem tucked into the center of the Pike Place Market. The hotel is quiet and smart. The rooms are spacious. The roof deck provides a spectacular view of the market and Sound. This is definitely the place to stay.

Room Tip: AAA discount and prices vary by day of week
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Birdie2050
Write a ReviewReviews (2,768)

Reviewed 8 June 2011

Water view and market access superb. Clean and comfortable. Good WiFi access.
Staff if asked will help.
We had three major problems which point to sloppy management: 1. Our room had a noisy smelly restaurant exhaust working overtime just outside the window. 2. Front desk advice on public transport was belatedly and reluctantly provided and was extremely inaccurate causing much trouble. and 3. Security: Our room was found locked open on our return after a late night out.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim6851
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2011

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your comments with readers of Tripadvisor and I do apologize for the manner in which you were treated, I am following up with the team. If you are planning on returning to the area in the near future, please contact me and I will ensure your next visit is memorable.

Reviewed 7 June 2011

The room was lovely - lots of space and plenty of comfort. The rooftop deck provided spectacular views of Puget Sound, the Olympic Mountains and surrounding attractions. The staff was friendly and welcoming; they really made us feel right at home, and the location was perfect, of course! We will definitely stay here anytime we return to Seattle.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank shasue67
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I booked 2 rooms at the Inn at the Market back in March. 3 weeks ago we needed another room. I got 2 nights but needed one night more. I called each and every day, sometimes twice a day, for 3 weeks trying to get that one night to no avail. Maria who was in reservations took my call 5 out of 7 days a week. She knew me by name. The day before we were to arrive I called one last time and got Maria, same story, no rooms were available. Defeated, I cancelled my reservations. I was bummed because this is where I've always wanted to stay. An hour later, I got a call from Noelle, the reservations manager, who informed me that a room had opened up and the reason she called me back was because Maria had told her of my diligence. I was thrilled!
The Inn at the Market has a location that can't be beat! It is steps away from Pikes Market, about 1/2 a mile from the monorail, close to shopping and many restaurants and the rooms are clean with very comfortable beds and the staff, is so very friendly and helpful! There is a balcony on the 5th floor with views of Mt. Ranier as well as surrounding mountains and the beautiful ocean.
A wonderful hotel complimented by a wonderful staff!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dahlia8
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Wow! one block and you are at the Market. Staff is great, complimentary umbrellas if it rains( hee hee), nice quaint fire in the lobby and the view is great on the verandah upstairs - you can see the ferries crossing with the "PUBLIC MARKET" sign almost able to touch, the Olympia mountains clearly seen. Great spot, nice area, wonderful staff.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bicycle53
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2011

Dear Guest:

Our views were recently categorized by Bing Travel as being in the top 10 in the world. One can wander through the market and pick up some cheese, smoked salmon, fruit and wine and sit out on the deck and enjoy. Thank you for staying with us and please the next time you are planning on visiting us please feel free to contact me at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com

Reviewed 31 May 2011

Inn at the Market is great place to stay. Well appointed rooms; great view of Elliot Bay from most rooms; friendly staff; daily papers [WSJ; NY Times; local papers delivered to your door; friendly bell staff. You can't go wrong staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors afford the best views.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rosscannon

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing the tip about room selection with views, we make a every attempt to honor requests made, so when making reservations with us please let us know if you are celebrating anything special.

Reviewed 30 May 2011

I thought this was a nice hotel. The room my wife and I had was very nice, but this was not the best hotel I have stayed at. I guess from the reviews I was expecting something amazing. The deck was the best part of the hotel. You could sit out there and relax and look at the water or the crowds down at the fish market. The ladies & gentlemen at the front desk were nice and efficient and did their job well. I think the price you pay for staying there is for the location. You are right there by the market and the downtown area, which is quite convenient. I would say if you want to stay at a hotel that is conveniently located and is a nice little hotel, then this is for you.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dwraff

Dear Guest:
Thank you for sharing with readers of Tripadvisor and sharing your comments about the hotel. Please the next time you plan on visiting contact me directly and I will see what I can do to enhance your stay.