“Great Hotel, Great Location, Great Staff”
Review of Inn at the Market

Inn at the Market
Ranked #1 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Hotel, Great Location, Great Staff”
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Overall, this is a great hotel with very friendly and helpful front desk staff. After arranging the room, I worked with the front desk staff to arrange a Town Car to pick my wife and I up at the airport. The driver was on time, professional looking, and very pleasant. The front desk staff also provided helpful advice on things to see and do and were helpful in arranging other transportation during my stay. I stayed in a full water-view room on the 7th floor (Room 704) and was very pleased with the room and the view, which was of Elliot Bay and the north end of Pikes Place Market. The view was quite remarkable! The bed was comfortable.The 5th floor deck was a relaxing and enjoyable way to start the day with a cup of coffee and a piece of fruit from the market below or end it with a glass of wine and good company. The Inn at the Market is right in the heart of the downtown area and extremely close to everything including restaurants, coffee houses, shopping, Pikes Place Market, access to the piers on Elliot Bay, and the many available tours. My wife and I enjoyed breakfast and a latte at Cafe Campagne, just below the hotel, several mornings during our trip. The room I had was quite spacious. However, it was not designed for individuals or families who intend to spend alot of time watching television as the foot of the bed was situated so that it was facing the sliding door toward the view of Elliot Bay. The television was positioned to the side of the bed. This was NOT a problem for my wife and I at all. The bathroom was also quite spacious, though I think it could have been designed more wisely to include a seperate shower space in addition to the bathtub, which was just average. (The water pressure was abover average though) Lastly, the odor from the restaurant vent below entered our room once during our four-night stay. It wasn't very pleasant, however, it dissapated quickly enough after I turned on the quiet fan in the bathroom, which I left running most of the remainder of my stay as a precaution.

I would definitely stay at The Inn at the Market again!

Room Tip: Choose a full water view room for a romantic stay.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Dear Guest:
I truly appreciate you taking the time to write a very informative review of the hotel. I have taken note of some of the items you highlighted and have passed them onto our design team. The next time you plan on visiting please contact me at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com and I will be happy to assist with your arrangements.
Best
David Watkins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (965)
  • Korean first
Boston
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The wife and I just got back from a trip to Washington. We began our journey in Seattle. We stayed at the Inn at Market. We absolutely loved this place. outside our room was the Public Market neon sign and a beautiful view of Puget Sound. The staff were so pleasant and helpful. The bed was very comfortable. The room was well laid out and gave you a at home kind of feel. This is where we will stay if and when we get back to Seattle.

Columbia, Md
Reviewed 25 September 2011

What can I say that hasn't already been said about this place... It's reputation is certainly well deserved based on my recent stay last week. Everything was as described and represented on the website. The room had everything I needed and one thing that I was particularly happy about was the fact that one of the windows in my room opened. I like fresh air and usually larger, more modern properties don't have that.

I think one thing that really makes this place stand out is the staff. Everyone I encountered was very warm, helpful and professional.

I normally prefer smaller, historic properties - which I also got to experience for the second half of my Seattle trip, but while the Inn at the Market is about... 70 rooms it has the feel of a much smaller, more intimate setting.

Room Tip: dont pay $2.95 for soda in the mini-bar, there is a soda machine right outside the elevator in the p...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, 26 September 2011
Dear Guest:
Thank you for ranking us up there with the Ritz, we really do try and create an urban oasis for visitors to Seattle. The vending machine is available for all guests, it is located on the garage level, good point to mention. I trust you are enjoying the rugby world cup as well.
Best
David Watkins
Bossier City, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Coast to coast, East to West South to North the Inn at the Market is tops. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Room was large as well as bathroom. Fifty yards from Pike Place Market. Outstanding staff. Internet wifi connection perfect. Only place to stay in Seattle.

Room Tip: Room location really does not matter.
Reviewed 22 September 2011

The hotel was very well positioned, with regards to the downtown area. Close walking distance to the light rail, which we caught from the airport. The room was very clean. The service also great. The only negative was the loud air conditioner. The street noise was minimal. For a first time in the US, it was a great place to start the journey.

• Stayed September 2011
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Friendly staff. Execellent location in a busy town. We had a room overlooking the sound and the sundown is really something extra. The room was pretty large and the bathroom too!
This is THE place to stay in Seattle.

Room Tip: Ask for a view!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We loved being at Pike Place Market. The hotel was a gem...including the French bistro downstairs. The croissants for breakfast were amazing.

• Stayed September 2011