Inn at the Market
US$299
US$272
  • Fitness centre
2,811 results
All reviewsrooftop deckcafe campagnepartial water viewperfect locationpuget soundliterally stepspost alleyfifth floororiginal starbuckselliot baycity viewboutique hotelferris wheelolympic mountainsturn down servicewithin walking distancecorner room
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I booked reservations at this hotel because of the responses of manager, David Watkins. I thought someone who cared that much to respond to every trip advisor comment, truly cared about his hotel. He does! This comes across through every single employee, from the second you arrive at the hotel. Everybody employee comes across as happy. Happy to be there, happy to be of assistance, happy to recommend great places for dinner.

The rooms were beautiful with fantastic views.

The beds are tough to get out of! High quality bedding was wonderful and almost worth spending all day in.

My only con...low flow shower. Great for the environment (not for a good shower!)

Regardless, I will chose this hotel for my stay, every time I come to Seattle!!

Well done, David!!!!

Many thanks!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2011

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your compliments, I am pleased to read you enjoyed your visit and I will have someone look at the shower in the room. Please let me know when you plan on returning.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

and had booked the inn on TA reviews. We arrived very early and tired, the 4PM check in is always an irritant, however, Paul , at the front desk was very considerate concerning our request to check in early and got us right into a room,we will not forget this gesture. The hotel is located in prime tourist friendly territory, and staff were all excellent, helpful, courteous, professional...hotel is very clean, well decorated and very well kept and updated, looked as if it had been recently painted. The terrace on the 5th floor is wonderful, and that is a real plus at this property on warm days of course. Our only complaint ....and we are I am sure much more noise sensitvie than most folks...was the street noise. We had a city view room, the least expensive, and I wish we had been forewarned or I had asked, we might have upgraded. Windows are good sound proof windows but takes alot to drown out buses and motocycles, even from the 5th floor. We had to take sleeping pills in the end. But this was the only complaint...bath was super clean, supplies plentiful and coffee service always available..DOwntown hotels are always expensive, so it was a splurge for us.

Room Tip: ask for a room other than city view, alot of rooms face the entrance patio, the other street, not as noisy or the water view, probably these are very expensive however.
1  Thank kokosandiego
Reviewed 15 October 2011

This was a special trip so we booked a "water view" King room. Fabulous!! Floor to ceiling windows that opened onto a view of Pike Place Market below and Elliott Bay beyond. The room was large with plenty of storage space and comfortable furniture. And the bed is the most luxurious I've ever slept in--helped, of course, by high-quality bedding and fluffy comforter.

Every single staff person we interacted with was friendly and helpful. I had occasion to talk to 2 young men during our stay and they both said that they were proud to work for the hotel because of its fine reputation and quality. That says a lot about a place and about the management.

If you're considering a stay at this hotel I encourage you to look at the website. It's an accurate representation of the facility, the rooms, and the attitude. I suppose that the location---right across from the vibrant and fascinating Pike Place Market--might not appeal to everyone, but we loved it. Within 2 blocks of the hotel you can find a choice of good coffee shops and a terrific French Bakery.

There are a lot of hotels that deserve an "excellent" rating, often for different combinations of qualities and circumstances. Our experience at The Inn At The Market ranked it among the best hotels we've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Splurge on a water view room---you won't be sorry!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Dear Guest:
Thank you very much for your kind words in this review we all do try our best to make every stay special.

Reviewed 15 October 2011

We LOVED this place. Having been to Seattle several times, this was our first visit to IATM. First, I have to say that Katie at the front desk was extremely helpful with sleeping arrangements for our children, after we had a slight snafu with Expedia. She also helped us arrange transportation and reservations during our stay. What impressed us most was that she accepted total responsibility when 2 drivers appeared to pick us up at the airport. Long story, but she handled it like a total professional. That's rare, usually they blame a co-worker. As far as the room, SUPER comfortable bed, beautiful elegant bathroom, very nice mini bar selections (our kids love to snack from mini bars!). Location can't be beat. Literally a few steps from my favorite bakery at Pike Place - La Panier. Forget Starbucks and head there for the best cappuccino! Also one block from a huge Nordstrom Rack. Best shoes ever! Bell service, housekeeping service (including turndown) A+++. Can't say enough about how we loved this place, and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Liane B

Dear Guest:
Thank you for reconigtion of Katie and other members of the team, I have shared your posting with them. The next time you are visiting Seattle please feel free to contact me at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com and I will be happy to assist with arrangements.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

Staff was outstanding from bell men, front desk staff, to room service personnel. The stay was most memorable when my traveling companion and I ran into Katie from the front desk staff with a plate of gourmet cupcakes in the elevator. We casually commented how great they looked, and returned to our rooms later that day to find a message saying there was "something" special at the desk for us. Katie and her staff went out a purchased a variety of delicious cupcakes and had them delivered to our rooms! The room with a bay view is a must, and worth the small additional cost. The facilities are is pristine condition, and the location in the heart of the Pike/Public Market There is no doubt that I will be returning the the Inn At the Market.

Room Tip: Room with a bay view a must!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends