“Impressed”

Inn at the Market
Ranked #1 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I'd say this hotel has the right combination of.... well... everything. I've only been to Seattle twice. But it's hard to imagine a better location for visiting this city. One of the things I liked the most about this place was the walk-ability of the area. The area has everything a visitor could need. The Market is about a 2 minute walk from the door of the hotel. Lot's of restaurants. We were also able to get to every city attraction either by walking, or taking efficient public transit. The character of the hotel was nice too. Great decor... old, and new contemporary all at the same time. It had a good comfortable feel to it. On a minor down note, I did notice minor maintenance issues in the hotel. I.E. a corner of wallpaper starting to peel up, etc. Nothing that effected our enjoyment of the place. But, it makes me wonder. Everything about this place seemed top notch. The staff was extremely helpful, and efficient. With everything so well done, how/why are minor things like this slipping by. Again, don't decide against staying here based on this issue. The things I noticed were minuscule. Most wouldn't even notice. My dad was a hotel GM. So, I tend to be hyper observant/critical of certain things when it comes to hotels. Overall I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Scott D
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your great review of The Inn at The Market, I appreciate you sharing about the maintenance issue and will review this with the team. Hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

The hotel was wonderful. The location amazing! The staff was lovely. The beds fabulous. The rooftop deck with it's beautiful view was fantastic.
If you want to stay in this area of Seattle, this is the place!
I highly recommend !!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Having stayed in countless hotels, motels, B&B's, etc., I can count on one hand the number of places that I was truly sorry to leave. The Inn at the Market certainly ranks on my short list. From the moment we arrived to the time we departed, our stay here was wonderful. Being able to stroll through the Pike Place Market first thing in the morning as vendors were setting up their stalls gave us an unhurried chance to soak in the workings of the market. Of course, picking up fresh fruits and pastries and bringing them back to the hotel to enjoy with world-famous Seattle coffee was, while simple, a joy to experience. In summary, great location, attentive-professional-courteous staff, and everything you need, right down to table service and linens in the room, this hotel has its act together and works hard to maintain it. Truly outstanding.

2  Thank barangrill
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Guest:
I am pleased to read that you got to experience Seattle at its best, thank you for visiting Pike Place Market and staying with us at the Inn at The Market. Come back and see the King Tut exhibit which opens May 24th - Jan 6th 2013. Feel free to contact me at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com if I can assist with arrangements.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

The hotel was awesome. Location cannot be beat, it is literally steps away from pike's place market and the 1st Starbucks. Link from the airport is only 4 blocks away, an easy walk downhill even with luggage when you get off at the University station. The staff is helpful and willing to do anything to make your stay comfortable, including store your fish from the market. The view from the balcony was beautiful! Huge rooms and nice bathroom.

Dear Guest:
Thank you for sharing your some great travel tips, the light rail is a great option from Sea-Tac Airport if you do not have a lot of luggage, get off at the Westlake Station. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel is everything positive that other reviews have said! We only stayed one night and wished that we had stayed longer! We reserved a water view room and absolutely loved the decor of the room and the sitting area. The bed was big and comfy. The pictures on the website don't even do the rooms justice! It was so peaceful and we had a perfect view of the "Public Market" sign. We lucked out with a beautiful day too, but it was windy so we couldn't take advantage of the very nicely decorated rooftop deck. I was a little concerned with some of the reviews that the hotel would look a little dated, but even the lobby was quite modern. The staff was very accommodating and even though our room wasn't ready because we arrived early, they called us within the hour to let us know when it was ready. I would highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: I highly recommend a water view room!
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Wonderful boutique hotel in the heart of the Pike Market. Rooms with expansive views. We stayed three nights and can't imagine a better place to stay in Seattle. We asked for a room with a view of the water and couldn't have gotten more. We enjoyed having coffee in the morning watching the ferries and other boats and ships come and go. At night the view was wonderful in other ways. A wonderful view of the Canadian Rockies and on a very clear weather Saturday we looked to the far left and had a spectacular view of Mt Ranier. Location was exceptional...we just about walked everywhere we wanted to go to and wonderful restaurants all throughout the area. Staff very helpful and friendly. Also, our bed was probably the most comfortable of any hotel we have stayed in and we travel pretty extensively. So nice for a change to not stay in one of the mega hotels, but in a nice, small scale, friendly hotel like Inn at the Market.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Perfect location, If you love the Market this is the place to stay, just walk to get breakfast or lunch and bring it back to the room, or enjoy it on the roof top patio. This is now my hotel of choice when in Seattle.

Room Tip: We asked for a city view room, but got updated to a partial water view. It was great!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Guest From Canada,
Thank you for selecting to stay at the Inn at The Market as your getaway hotel, if I can ever be of assistance in making arrangements here for you please contact me at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com, come back and see the King Tut exhibit, we will have VIP tickets available.