“I'm spoiled forever!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Amarillo, Texas
“I'm spoiled forever!”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I just love this place! They continue to deliver wonderful service. They have the nicest bell boys/valets. Last time I was here I said I'd pay the extra for a room with a view. Well, I think I'm spoiled forever! When we checked in they upgraded us to the "Townhouse suite"--room 502 ! It has the most magnificent view and we were so lucky to have good weather! A drawback for some people may be the stairs that go from the living room to the bedroom (maybe around 10-12 steps). They carry your bags up for you but you still have to hike up and down them. It was sure worth it to me. The 6th floor has a better view. The rooms on the 5th floor next to #502 look out on Puget Sound through the lovely patio area. Besides the view, the location can't be beat for walking across the street to Pike's Market and several good restaurants.

Room Tip: Get the 6th floor if you can.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank nanstevens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (959)
  • Korean first
Campbell, CA
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Simply the best location in Seattle. Across from the Pikes Place Market, short walk to shopping downtown, Pioneer Square, the Waterfront, Light Rail and transportation just a few blocks away. We took light rail from SEATAC airport and it was a breeze, fast, clean and cheap.
Good sized room and well appointed, nice linens, very comfortable bed, sitting area and large bathroom.
My "not perfects" are:
1. In wall heating AC unit, very "Motel 6" like and close to our bed so we could not adequately control temps in the room, with the unit on it blew cold air on my wife who was unhappy, with it off the room got stuffy and too warm. We tried opening the window but then it was too noisy to sleep.
2. The TV is way to small to watch from across the room where the seating is. I tried catching some sports scores while my wife showered and had to pull the chair to within 5 feet to read the screen.
3. Can be noisy- the rooms on the street can be noisy, we had a room facing the courtyard which could also be noisy as people came in late to the lobby. They had a maintenance guy out at 8am with a power washer cleaning the courtyard, so much for sleeping in on vacation.
4. Bocca Cafe and Bistro- see my review - good food, especially breakfast, worst service ever.

On the plus side.
The staff was friendly and helpful.
The deck overlooking the waterfront and Market were a favorite spot to have an early evening glass of wine.
Many nice restaurants a short walk away.

We would return, I just don't think with its flaws that it rates 5 stars.

Ron

Room Tip: Rooms on the street can be noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RonLykins
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Dear Ron:
Thank you for writing into tripadvisor and sharing your experience with all. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our design team who are in the process of planning our remodel. I do apologize for being disturbed by our cleaning of the courtyard. I will also share your comments with the operators of Bacco about the level of service you recieved. When you do plan on returning please contact me directly at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com and I will be happy to assist with your arrangements here in Seattle.
Philadelphia
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Inn at the Market. It's a great location, convenient to Pike Place Market and walking distance to almost everything you want to see in Seattle. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. They couldn't have been nicer. The room and bathroom were very clean and the bed comfortable. We enjoyed relaxing on the 5th floor patio with a glass of wine and watched a beautiful sunset. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. We had a partial water view corner room which was nice but the street traffic...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

Excellent stay from check in to check out! Staff was incredible, from housekeeping to the front desk, afternoon cookies were a great little touch. Spacious room, and great bathroom. Best location right beside the market, rooftop lounge area was great. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank sberry20
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you for highlighting our observation deck and our associates, great spot to sit and relax and enjoy fresh items from the Market. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Best asset is location, steps from Fish Market, Restaurants and within walking distance of most
downtown tourist atractions. I will definetily go back to this hotel. It is a small 4 star hotel, with
excellent service and very clean. To be fair everyone in the hotel treated us as good as it can be.
Restaurants in their premises are not the best, but their front desk staff gave us excellent reccomendations nearby. They also have a media room with internet access.

Room Tip: Check in time is late, so you have to go around and come back, meanwhile they will take care of you...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest:
If you could please take a moment to share your experience with me in regards to our 4 restaurants here at the hotel by contacting me at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com, I would like to learn more. Pike Place Fish is a great spot to go and watch, be sure to ask the fish mongers a few questions, they will make your day in some way.
baltimore md
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

First time here to Seattle , the reviews from Trip advisor is why I picked inn at the Market.
Staff very friendly and positive here, I have been out for several weeks and what a way to finish my trip
Room is very nice , very clean , large bath room and what a great view of the Bay and you can go to a private area and enjoy the view and relax on one of roof top .
No need for a car here you can either walk it or grab a cab , there is no doubt that I want to return to Seattle and the Inn at the Market will be my home away from Home

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank your for deciding to stay here with us in Pike Place Market after reveiwing Tripadvisor and also for taking a moment to share your experience.
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I've stayed at Inn at the Market a number of times and every stay is great. With a location right at the Market, a boutique hotel, great and attentive service, comfortable, and great views - what more could you ask for?

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends