2,889 results
All reviewsrooftop deckcafe campagnepartial water viewperfect locationpuget soundliterally stepspost alleyfifth floororiginal starbuckscity viewelliott bayboutique hotelferris wheelolympic mountainswithin walking distanceturn down servicecorner room
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My first time in Seattle and the Inn at the Market. The whole experience was wonderful. There were five family members staying in four rooms. Not one person had a complaint. The staff was helpful and very friendly! The free coffee and tea in the lobby in the morning and cookies with cider in the afternoon were nice perks. The location was great we were steps away from plenty of restaurants, shopping, tours, and within a mile of the Space Needle. Will gladly stay here again. (Two members of our party have stayed here in the past and highly recommended we do so. They made a great recommendation.)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank opsimathclevelandhts
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Just finished celebrating a birthday with friends at the Inn at the Market and playing tourist 60 miles from where we live. The location cannot be beat and our room had a great view of Pike Market and the Big Wheel. We cabbed to dinner one night (Staple and Fancy and a separate review) and the other nights, just walked to where we wanted to go. Service was excellent at the hotel and my only negative is that the hotel is due for a facelift. Woodwork is chipped, tiles in the bathroom were scroungy, furniture was starting to show wear and tear, and for what should be a five star hotel, everything is just a little worn around the edges. This is our third stay in 20 years and I would hope there are plans to update as would like to continue to recommend this hotel to our out-of-town guests. Soundproofing in any city hotel is an issue and request a room without a connecting door and on a top floor to get a quieter room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank roadwarrior98516
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest:
Thank you for continuing to select the Inn at The Market as your hotel of choice. We are beginning our guest room upgrades late February, I am sorry that where not completed for your most recent visit. Last year we updated the guest room hallways and carpeting with the completion of the guest rooms this year. Thank you for writing in to tripadvisor.
Best
David Watkins

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stay here whenever we're in town on business.
We're always well looked after and the location is great for a wander round the market at weekends.

Also, one of the comfiest beds we've slept in!

There's even a great Guinness pub just around the corner for those of us who miss a stout when travelling!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at the Market for three nights, and we absolutely loved our stay. From the minute we walked in, we were blown away by the exemplary customer service and fantastic location.

Again and again, the hotel went above and beyond to make us happy. For example, within five minutes of checking in, the front desk clerk called and said he had found us a room with a king size bed per our request. My husband asked if the hotel had any electric tea kettles, and a kettle was placed in our room within five minutes. We asked for a dinner recommendation, and the front desk clerk suggested Etta's and made dinner reservations for us on the spot. This was one of our favorite meals of the trip. We left our luggage and shopping bags at the valet desk after checking out, and they took wonderful care of our belongings and helped us hail a cab to the airport in the rain. We accidentally left my husband's passport in the safe, and the hotel tracked me down so we could retrieve it. I could continue typing and typing about the superb customer service we received.

Our room was located on a lower floor facing the street, but we did not have any noise issues. The bed and bedding were extremely comfortable, and I loved the Seattle chocolates placed on our nightstands each night. My only critique would be to update the bathrooms a little. The old school shower curtain was a bit irritating, and a few bathroom tiles were chipped. Minor issues though.

The hotel is perfectly located in Seattle. Pike's Place Market is right outside, and one of the main shopping areas starts only three blocks away. We walked everywhere except the airport, including the Space Needle, Olympic Sculptures Park, and to the ferry terminal for Bainbridge area. If you have limited baggage, I highly suggest taking the train from the airport. It's under $6 for two people, and the last stop is only a few blocks away from the hotel. We shopped a little too much to take the train when we departed, but the train was perfect for our arrival (we had one large suitcase at that point, which was easy to travel with).

I would return to the Inn at the Market in a heartbeat. This was one of my favorite hotel experiences ever. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tour802877
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Everything about this place was perfect. The location, the staff, the beds (oh so comfy!), the views (especially from the rooftop patio), the service, the valet staff, did I mention everything? Too bad we had only one night!

Room Tip: We had a room with two queens and it was huge! I was really surprised with the size. Not sure if this is the case for all rooms with two beds, but a great surprise in the city.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family