“Wow, what an amazing stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn at the Market

Inn at the Market
Ranked #1 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Calgary
“Wow, what an amazing stay!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

A hidden gem indeed. We were very surprised with this hotel. It was far more than we expected and enjoyed every aspect of it. Staff seemed genuinely sincere and far from pretentious. The valet service was quick, efficient, and courteous. Great guys from arrival to departure. And you cannot ask for smoother check in than what we experienced. We were tired from our trip and to be greeted with such kindness from such friendly staff was such a delight. They made us feel very welcome and we appreciate that. Our room was like a home away from home and was well stocked with awesome views and very clean.

We have nothing negative to say about The Inn At The Market. It was a perfect start to our stay in Seattle and we would certainly return without even considering other hotels. Staying there was exactly what we needed to recharge. Just superb!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (942)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have stayed at Inn at the Market the last two times I've been to Seattle, and will continue to stay there on any future trips. It is in the most perfect location- right next to the Pikes Place Market. The hotel is super charming, tucked in a little niche on a hill leading to the market. The rooms are nice and clean. The beds, very comfortable. The staff is very helping and always friendly- will chat with you about your trip, give you tips on what's cool to do or see, etc. I have no complaints at all about this hotel. Can't wait for my next stay!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank EmilyJT
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The proximity of this hotel couldn't be better. You're immersed in the market and have so much at your finger tips. The staff are warm and friendly, and the rooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable. The beds are the best! There are little touches which really make the stay feel like a vacation. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Seattle.

Room Tip: We stayed in a banquet room with excellent views of the market and water
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Fairbury, Nebraska
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Wanted something nice for a 2 day stay while on business with Amazon.com

Valet parking made it easy to just pull up and the valet brought bags to the room.

The lobby had a nice fire going and was warm and toasty. We went to the room and found great views with a fabulously soft bed and pillows

Walk out the door and within 2 blocks either way are 20 restaurants that rank in top 50 of Seattle on Tripadvisor. The Fish market is a mere 1/2 block away

We will stay here the next time we come to Seattle, it was a wonderful stay!!

Room Tip: only 8 floors, level 5 has a walk out viewing patio ask to have bay views of the water
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Douglas8098
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were visiting Seattle for a weekend with some friends a couple of weeks ago. We were really looking forward to the stay at the Inn at the Market. Overall, I would say it is a lovely little hotel with very friendly staff in a great location. Cafe Campagne is an absolute must for brunch. Unfortunately, our room did not have hot water in the shower/tub. The weather was cold and we were looking forward to hot baths and hot showers. Even though there was hot water from the sink faucet, the temperature in the tub was lukewarm at best. We let it go Friday night and informed the front desk Saturday morning then left for the day. When we returned in the evening, the situation had not been dealt with and no one seemed to know about the problem. Staff scrambled at that point but the attempt to fix it was going to be a big deal and I decided that 7pm was too late to begin, particularly due to the uncertainty of success. On top of that, once I arrived home, I emailed the General Manager of the hotel about the issue and have not received any response or acknowledgement of my concerns. So, on balance, we were disappointed with our stay particularly the seeming indifference to our issue.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paul S
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Paul - Thank you for resending your letter to me and I am glad that we have been in touch. Thank you for sharing the details of your visit, as I mentioned I/we sincerely apologize and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Best
David Watkins
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife and I live in Seattle (walking distance to this hotel), but we try to get away for a night once a month. We chose The Inn at the Market, and were very pleasantly surprised.

The hotel is a little gem tucked away right at Pike Place Market. Upon arrival, we loved the lobby and its warm fireplace. The front desk staff was great, getting us into an upgraded room where we found a personal note and bottle of wine. What a great way to start a couple's night!

We had a holiday party to attend that night, and the hotel was gracious enough to offer us free transportation to and from the event. Upon our return we loved the smallish but luxurious room, especially the incredibly comfortable bed. The next morning we were granted a late checkout so we were able to enjoy even more time sipping our coffee in bed.

There is some street noise in the room, as the hotel is right in the middle of a busy downtown area, but nothing too offensive, and we expected that given the location. Overall, it was a wonderful experience that I recommend to anyone looking for a Seattle City experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I never write reviews, but given the number of problems that we had during our visit I thought I should include a review this time. I was excited to stay at the Inn of the Market while in Seattle; however, given the price of the hotel I was expecting more. The location and view (ocean view room) was amazing, but I think you could probably get a similar view without the cost. The staff was friendly and professional, but our room was in need to repair. The television continued to go out (requiring us to call the front desk several times) and we finally gave up on watching a movie (we have small children and never get to sit and watch tv in the evenings, so this was a treat). The heating/cooling vent blew directly on the bed (even with attempts to modifty the flow of air). We had a room for two adults and two young children and they continued to leave us limited towel supply. We were interrupted more than once during our child's nap by the front desk calling to ask if we ordered room service. Reservations told me that the hotel would have a pack-n-play that I could use for my 6 month old, but instead gave us a very old and scary looking crib that we could not safely use with her. Thus, we had to sleep with her for the four nights that we were there and now have to spend several nights trying to get her to return to sleeping on her own. Overall, I was disappointed in the quality of the hotel and will not return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank 4emmalou
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Guest:
Thank you for completing the hotels online comment card as well, I am hoping that you received an email from me yesterday reaching out to you to address the concerns you mentioned in this tripadvisor review. If you could please contact me at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com
For the readers of tripadvisor we will begin a remodel of the hotel later this month that will include upgraded bathrooms, new windows, heating and cooling systems ( whisper quiet) along with several other features.
I look forward to hearing from you and trust you will give us the opportunity to make your last visit right.
Best