“We will be back soon!”

Inn at the Market
Ranked #1 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My husband and I grew up in the Seattle area, but have lived elsewhere for many years. The Pike Place Market area has always been a memorable and special experience for us. We connect through Seattle while traveling each year and have always intended to stay at the Inn at the Market. We finally made it happen, and I don't know why we waited so long! The Inn makes it incredibly easy with transportation offered to and from SeaTac. The Inn is a gracious and relaxing atmosphere in the heart of the real Seattle. I know we will be back soon. We've been spoiled for anything less.

Room Tip: Our cityside room was beautiful and quiet during the night. The rooftop deck is amazing.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Great boutique style hotel close to the markets. Just a short stroll to most things including the waterfront. Room was modern and staff more than helpful. Take the Loch cruise for an afternoon away froom it all.
Try the pizza at Superior Pies- superb.

1  Thank Terry F
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Please read the following review with the understanding that the manager has since contacted me and offered me another stay at the hotel on the house. I believe that this is the correct response and he was extremely gracious about the offer. I will review again when I have the chance to return.

"I stayed here on February 7, 2014, for a girl's weekend. We splurged on a $300 water view room with a balcony, even though it was cold and unlikely that we would be outside much. Our room had a great view over the sound and market. The hotel left us a bottle of wine, which was very sweet. The room had hardwood flooring, which I found to be an awesome feature. I hate the gross carpeting that most hotels install. The room was lovely but very noisy - not street noise, but systems noise: plumbing, heating, etc. Every time someone turned on the water elsewhere, you could hear it. The real nightmare started in the morning when we realized that our "slow" sink drain was actually fully clogged. We couldn't use the toilet, either, as it didn't seem to flush. The maintenance folks came immediately and never left (very kind and gracious, but not what you want in your room all morning). The whole bathroom had to be deconstructed with equipment (snakes, shop vacs, etc) and our whole morning was shot. We lost a few hours, given that we planned on having breakfast in bed and then going out on the town. Instead, we waited for over an hour and finally the hotel relocated us to a nice room (but not comparable) so that we could shower and get ourselves together. We had to pack everything up and then repack again after bathing. By the time this all went down, it was after noon. The hotel gave us a late check out (what we wanted was our time back), they comped our brunch in a restaurant and also comped our parking. Housekeeping isn't doing its job if they don't notice a sink that doesn't drain. The front desk told me that they were beginning a renovation and that plumbing was the first thing to get upgraded. Obviously, they know there is a problem. That just made me more irritated. The comps were nice but, frankly, this ordeal should have resulted in a raincheck. I appreciate that some effort was made to take care of us and that the maintenance man was so apologetic ("This is my once in a year plumbing problem") but it left a bad taste in my mouth. Love the location and scale of this hotel but I would probably stay elsewhere for better value and attention to detail or check to see if renovations are complete."

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank MsMacSF
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Great location, wonderful service. Stayed in a Parlor Suite (614) that provided super view of market and waterfront. Superb location for walking to shopping, restaurants and Belltown. Even though our floor was wrapped in cardboard and crawling with reno guys, we had a great stay. Lovely rooftop deck for enjoying an end of day glass of wine. Will look forward to a return visit to check out the completed renovations someday.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We arrived at the hotel at 2:00 p.m., unfortunately check-in time is at 4:00 p.m. We knew we were early but we were getting married at 4:00 p.m. that very day! We threw ourselves on the mercy of the front desk (secretly prepared to change in the lobby restroom). Well surprise, surprise. The front desk staff had already anticipated our needs and had made arrangements for us to use an unoccupied room to change in, relax and prepare for the biggest day of our lives. They didn't want us to worry about anything so they made arrangements for our personal belongings to be moved while we were at the courthouse getting married. Upon our return to the hotel, we entered our incredible water-front suite to find a piece of cake and a note from the staff celebrating our new marriage and wishing us a lifetime of happiness. Our deepest thanks Team Inn At The Market for helping to make our wedding a day we will never forget!

Room Tip: Go for the water-front view. You won't be disappointed.
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Inn at the Market is the best place to stay and take advantage of all Pike Place Market has to offer. Not many rooms in this boutique hotel and they book up fast. Usually can see notable people as guests and the staff is very friendly and attentive. I travel in and out of Seattle frequently and can only swing a stay on occasion but when I do, it is always the highlight of the trip. Rooftop looks out over Pike Place Market and the Sound. You can watch the ferries come and go and people watch for hours. If I were independently wealthy I would stay in the Beachers Suite every day for the rest of my life.

Room Tip: The city side can and probably will be loud, go with the water side...much quieter!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank joeandlorid
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Even though we were in Seattle for a quick overnight on our way someplace else, our stay at the Inn at the Market was a high point of the trip. Fabulous location, staff who were warm and welcoming, immaculate room - even during a construction project - great amenities, view, and best free coffee in town in the lobby. Beds were comfortable, room was just right, and I want to come back and stay there for a longer visit and try the pool and restaurants.

Room Tip: Our room looked over the market and out to the water. great.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Guest:
Thank you for writing into Tripadvisor and sharing with others, I am pleased to read you had a nice time here in Seattle. Readers of Tripadvisor I do want to mention a few points about our remodel process. We are doing the majority of the work between the hours of 8am to 4pm and are doing our very best to limit any noisy work to begin no earlier than 9am. I do believe we have completed most of the work that might be disruptive. The renovation is due to be completed mid May. If any one has questions or concerns please contact myself at 206 269 2215 or any member of the team at 206 443 3600 or contact via email at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com. Thank you
David Watkins