“Perfect Location!”

Inn at the Market
Ranked #1 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 October 2009

We stayed at the Inn at the Market for the first few nights of our honeymoon. The staff knew that it was our honeymoon and when we got in there was a little fudge cake and the nicest note waiting on us in the room! The flight left us frazzled and it was above and beyond of them to give us a little treat. What a perfect way to start a honeymoon! The location was also great! We tried to save a little money by not getting a water view room and that worked out perfectly because of the guest balcony that we used everyday. The balcony of the hotel looks over the Puget Sound and the market. You can even see Rainier and the Olympic Mountains in the distance. Our favorite part of our trip was cuddling up with a bottle of wine and fresh fruit from the market and watching the sunset. The location was great, the staff was nice and the rooms were clean. You would have to have outrageous expectations to not fall in love with this hotel. I would recommend it to anyone staying in Seattle.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roberae
Write a ReviewReviews (2,743)

Reviewed 16 October 2009

Having read the reviews on TripAdvisor, our expectations were high. After staying for 3 nights, we felt the hotel was definitely overrated. Location is good, view on roof is fantastic (the great weather helped). Rooms are okay (though we requested a room away from the street noise and did not get it). Valet staff went above and beyond. However, we did experience issues with Maid Service and Concierge. Several times the maid knocked once then barged into the room (early in the morning, no less). On two occasions we phoned the Concierge service for restaurant advice, they said they would phone back and never did. In the spirit of a boutique hotel, they did not have evening/late night dining or room service. I would recommend to friends, but with some caveats.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paoztraveler
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2009

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your experience, I have reviewed your comments with both our housekeeping and concierge team. I do apologize for these service shortfalls and we will work hard to be sure these issues do not reoccur. Please feel free to contact me at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com if I or any other associate may be of assistance.

Reviewed 3 October 2009

The rooms in this hotel were very nice - large and modern with a comfortable bed (although the bathroom needed a better shower and more counter space). The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was very convenient for fisrt-time visitors (across the street from the Pike St. Market and near many good restaurants and shops). The hotel terrace was GREAT...a wonderful place to sit with a bottle of wine and a book and spend an afternoon relaxing or watching the sun set!!

For people that like the smaller, one-of-a-kind hotels in large cities...this is a very good choice!

1  Thank Traveldog86
Reviewed 28 September 2009

This is a wonderful hotel! We have stayed here for the past several summers and always enjoy our stay. Skip the townhouse suite unless you have a large group. If you can, splurge on a deluxe waterview room. If you cannot, book a cityside room and be sure to use the rooftop terrace! Bring a glass of wine and watch the ferries and ships come and go. The location is terrific. The staff is low key and efficient.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2009

After reading many, many reviews on this website, I contacted the manager directly to see if he could assist me in making plans for a short 2 night stay in Seattle for our wedding anniversary. He promptly responded with an offer that I couldn't pass up!
This past weekend my husband and I stayed at the Inn in one of the town house city view suites. The hotel & staff were amazing! We absolutely loved this hotel and will for sure be back in the future! I have already told many friends and family that next time they're in Seattle, this is "the" place to stay!
When we first arrived, there was an anniversary card and a special dessert for two waiting in our room! It was delicious and such a nice gesture! Typically we would go out for a nice anniversary dinner where ever we happen to be. At the Inn, there was a set of dishes for two in our room, so both nights we decided to get takeout and bring it back. Fixed up our plates and headed to the deck on the 5th floor. Amazing view and plenty of space! Even though there were other guests out there, everyone had their own space and it was wonderful!
The room was very spacious and super clean! Two big flat screen tv's... bay windows that look out on two different streets, one with partial market/water view. The location couldn't be more ideal! Steps from Pike Place Market which is always one of our favs when in town for a visit.
Thank you Mr. Watkins & thank you to your staff! We really enjoyed our stay at your hotel and can't wait to come back! This was definitely an anniversary to remember!

2  Thank SeasideJenni
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2009

Dear Guest:

I am very pleased you had a great time visiting Seattle and thank you for staying with us. For other trip advisor readers if you are celebrating something special be sure to mention it during your reservation.

dwatkinsgm@innatthemarket.com

Reviewed 28 September 2009

We stayed here for a few days a couple of weeks ago and found the service to be very prompt, the bed comfortable and room clean. The location was great but I was harassed one night by a persistant homeless man looking for a handout, while walking near the market after dark. When I did some internet research I learned that Seattle has lax laws toward panhandling, and that the panhandling is sometimes "aggressive". I also learned that that some of Seattle's services for the homeless are located in the market area. That being known, we avoided walking back through that area in the evenings and were were not harassed again there. This has nothing to do with the hotel but I think it's important to let people know to exercise caution in the market place after dark, especially since the hotel is adjacent to the Pike Market.

We thought the rooftop outdoor sitting area would have benefitted by a fireplace or at least a few heat lamps.

1  Thank whisperingpalms

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that you experienced the pan handling. The Hotel and Downtown Association are working with the City of Seattle to try and address the situation.

Reviewed 24 September 2009

Where do I start? Service? Great! Rooms? Amazing! Location? Can't beat it. Right across the street is the Pike Place Market (which overlooks the bay), full of fresh flowers, vegetables, and art cultivated by locals. Haggled for an fantastic glass-blown vase and got a great deal. Walking distance to many restaurants, though admittedly, they do close a little early. If you get room service, try the fresh squeeze orange juice.

When I asked at the front desk for recommendations on where to go/what to do, the lady cheerfully gave me a map and gave me a few points of interest; she even outlined the free public transportation routes for me! Then, when it was time to go, the valet retrieved my car quickly and with pep, even at 4 in the morning, and he offered me tips on the safest places to get gas on the way back. They really take care of their patrons. If I ever go back to Seattle, this is definitely where I will stay again!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business